Achievement Discussion

To get the skill bracelet you have to defeat the Blood Mist creature (12 consecutive COOL hits using Aya's double swords only) in chapter 10 right? So if you can make 12 hits with cool combo using double swords, then you don't need it, because is more than you need for cool combo quest :)

Well damn. I was trying to go for the bracelet for the sake of getting the achievement.

Once again i just cant unlock the third level of the near death high. This better not be glitched :(

Keep trying. At first I thought I wasn't gonna get it either and that it was only gonna work on hard mode but then I decided to give it one last try on story mode chapter 1 and it worked. Try this, when you have one bar left run around for a couple of seconds then go for the kill.

ok so who's killed a bloodmist zombie? I just can't seem to kill it. Im try to kill the one in chapter 2 since its the one that requires the less cool combination hits. Im able to get it to like two feet small. I keep going for triple attacks (X 3 times) and see like two white X's appear then i wait for a few seconds and I repeat. The reason i stop after 3 hits its because I don't get any more white X's after that even thou my character aya can go like up to 15 consecutive hits. Can he only be killed when hes small or does the sizes not matter? What am I doing wrong?

Edited by ItachiUchiha

You can not stop your cool combo, it has to be consecutive amout of cool hits, so in your case it has to be 6 consecutive cool hits. The best I got so far was 14 cool hits.

There has GOT to be a way for you to describe your cool combo timing. I know that you're supposed to time it to the strikes, and I know you do it successfully when you get the white flash and the controller rumbles, BUT I CAN'T GET PAST 3 STRIKES FOR THE LIFE OF ME. It's going to be the only thing that keeps me from getting 1k in this.

Help with this quest.

Cool Master - Whats the best chapter for this, 11? And do they have to be long cool hits or can they be shorts ones like a triple hit to maintain the percentage?

Rampaging Baneful Blood - Can the last few cool hits be like 3 or does it have to be a long for it to work?

Help with this quest.

Cool Master - Whats the best chapter for this, 11? And do they have to be long cool hits or can they be shorts ones like a triple hit to maintain the percentage?

Rampaging Baneful Blood - Can the last few cool hits be like 3 or does it have to be a long for it to work?

For the Rampaging Baneful Blood it has to be the very last hit of complete full cool combo, which is around 10/11 hits for a single sword, and around 20/21 hits for the double swords stance.

For the Cool Master use chapter 11, try to do as long cool combos as u can, for the first and second level of the quest you can do rather short cool combos, but for the last one you need to do almost full cool combo and kill the boss, since you need 90/95% of cool combos per stage.

Yeah, if you actually want a surefire way to get Rampaging Baneful Blood, get the Splatter bracelet to level 3, which prevents it from rising at all. Then go to the level 9 and I used Saki because her full cool combo only needs 8 button presses. I would raise her splatter level to a level just before she goes into berserk mode, (when her picture is fully red and flashing slowly) then equip the level 3 splatter bracelet. Attack the blood mist zombie while wearing the bracelet and right before she does the final attack, where she jumps into the air with a downward stab, switch to the item menu and unequip the bracelet. If you did it right, she will strike the zombie, then she should go into berserk mode, but this time her hair will turn red and you'll get a prompt saying that you completed a quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cibb36wUDjo&eurl=http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=30818&feature=player_embedded

This was made by Inferno Paladin.

ok so who's killed a bloodmist zombie? I just can't seem to kill it. Im try to kill the one in chapter 2 since its the one that requires the less cool combination hits. Im able to get it to like two feet small. I keep going for triple attacks (X 3 times) and see like two white X's appear then i wait for a few seconds and I repeat. The reason i stop after 3 hits its because I don't get any more white X's after that even thou my character aya can go like up to 15 consecutive hits. Can he only be killed when hes small or does the sizes not matter? What am I doing wrong?

Ignore the size of the bloodmist zombies. Yeah, they die when they are smaller but that's really just to clue you in to how close you are (or were if you've messed up the combo) to killing them. The size they are at the beginning of the combo has no bearing whatsoever on anything, you need to get consecutive cool hits to kill them. And if those white Xs stop appearing then the combo is broken, if it keeps happening at the same point in the combo try tinkering with your timing, you're either hitting it too fast or too slow.

When I did the chapter 2 bloodmist (which was my first) I was having no luck with the double swords so I switched to single sword and pulled it off that way (single sword is easier at first, just hit X at every strike).

Double sword is a little trickier, there are 3 spin moves that hit twice but you only have to hit X once for. With a full skill bar Aya's hits go:

Single, Single, Single, Double, Single, Double, Double, then 10 singles until the end.

Whether it's a single or double hit I just hit X once (right when she hits the enemy, for the doubles use the first hit).

This all sounds completely crazy but once you get the hang of it it really is second nature. Last night I couldn't kill the first bloodmist and now I can do the entire combo without batting an eye, you really just have to figure out the timing.

Yeah, if you actually want a surefire way to get Rampaging Baneful Blood, get the Splatter bracelet to level 3, which prevents it from rising at all.

Holy crap. I didn't even think of that. Thank you! You've probably saved me hours of frustration. And thanks to Inferno Paladin for making that video. I think Cool Master is the only quest I might not be able to finish (mostly because that damn whale keeps interrupting the combo).

Dexx2328: Yeah, it's definitely easier when you get it down once. For those trying the dual sword cool combo, seriously spend more time in practice mode. One thing I noticed when trying to pull it off for the skill bracelet was the 4th or 5th hit can register as cool but stop the combo dead. It's the hit when Aya lands after rising into the air. Get that down and the rest of the combo should be a cake walk.

Dexx2328: Yeah, it's definitely easier when you get it down once. For those trying the dual sword cool combo, seriously spend more time in practice mode. One thing I noticed when trying to pull it off for the skill bracelet was the 4th or 5th hit can register as cool but stop the combo dead. It's the hit when Aya lands after rising into the air. Get that down and the rest of the combo should be a cake walk.

I was having that exact same problem, I solved it by waiting just an instant longer before using X on that hit, it cleared it right up.

i can't seem to get the Hit and Run quest past level 1. i've driven through the level and there are just never enough dogs in between zombie hordes to keep the hit streak going. the kill combo was easy but the hit combo i can't seem to pull off. is there any kind of trick to it?

i can't seem to get the Hit and Run quest past level 1. i've driven through the level and there are just never enough dogs in between zombie hordes to keep the hit streak going. the kill combo was easy but the hit combo i can't seem to pull off. is there any kind of trick to it?

I actually finished Hit and Run on Hard difficulty, when I got to a big group of zombies with a lot of dogs chasing me I slowed down and just slashed at everything with X, more than one hit per kill usually so the hit counter rose better for me.

For everyone having trouble, for the Near Death High quest, you need to not only be on the last bar of health, you need to be one hit away from death. To do this, keep using your suicide attack, even at 1 bar of health. Your girl will not preform a suicide attack if it will kill her, when she won't do it, you know you're there.

• 3 weeks later...
For everyone having trouble, for the Near Death High quest, you need to not only be on the last bar of health, you need to be one hit away from death. To do this, keep using your suicide attack, even at 1 bar of health. Your girl will not preform a suicide attack if it will kill her, when she won't do it, you know you're there.

Didn't think about that.. must be why it didn't unlock the few times I tried to finish the last part of the quest.