Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

I think the game is absolutely fine in almost every way. The campaign is great, how can you say it's boring? Every step you take it seems there's some sort of action going on, and it's all very very hectic. A step up from the previous two games for sure.

Horde mode is a lot better and a lot more enjoyable then it ever was in Gears 2. More strategy then just lay down boomshields and pick them up at the start of each wave so they don't reset.

Beast Mode is great if you can find a game. It starts off kind of meh but once you can play as a Boomer, Armored Kantus or a Berserker, it gets very very fun. Of course the whole mode is great anyway.

Of course this is the bitching thread right? So do I have a bitch, yes?

First off is the Sawed-Off. People can defend it all they want but it's in the game purely for people who aren't good to get easy kills. You don't have to aim directly at someone, you don't even have to be facing them completely (you can be at an angle) and it's effective outside of melee range which contradicts what it says in the game that's it's not effective outside of melee range. It's lame.

But my second bitch? The fucking spawn points. I swear Epic had better patch this shit because it wasn't in Gears 2 that I remember. How is it my team can spawn on one side of the map, the other team on the other side, but then when someone on the other team dies they respawn on MY side of the map and then they can just sneak up on me and kill me?

I've played matches where I'm in cover somewhere near my team's side of the map waiting for something to shoot. All of a sudden the last 3 people on the other team who died suddenly spawn where my team was and it's like "LOL HEY LOOK EASY TARGET!"

Even more annoying when I spawn somewhere a few seconds after someone on the other team does. I mean seriously Epic? You spawn a Locust AND a COG right next to each other almost? Urgh.

Okay I'm done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a lot of complaints bout this game, I like the story in campaign, i like the sawn off, a few annoying things here and there but the waiting time on MP to respawn is ridiculous!!!!!

When I die it says 14 seconds to respawn, so I'm checking out what the otheres on me team are doing, one of them dies and respawns immediately, I still got 7 seconds left another dies and respawns the same time as me. Seriously? WTF?!?!?!? Am I the only person this is happening to? The quickest I have respawned is 11 seconds aside from when I first got this game when I respawned in a few seconds. Seriosuly, WTF?!?!?!?! :rant:

I like most of this game, but holy shit, Beast mode sucks.

First off, it's completely impossible to play alone. In Versus you can play as bots, in Horde you can use mutators, but in Beast mode, you're fucked alone as you get no bots, no mutators, and it's pretty much impossible to beat even the first wave on casual unless you get really lucky with the butcher.

Of course, finding people to play with takes forever. It spends so much time searching for other players. Epic really needs to fix this ASAP. I swear, the time it takes to find the match is about half the time you get to spend playing. You're searching for 5-7 minutes for players, and then it only takes 14-15 minutes to actually finish the game mode. Why only 12 waves, with most of them being so simple? I think it'd be better if they either added in a few more waves so we could play a little longer, or just cut out the piss easy waves and just let us play the tougher ones because at least those are somewhat fun and work the long search time. Then after that, it splits up your group automatically, so you have to search again. Why can't we just keep playing with the same 4 people over and over? They need to fix that too.

Such a waste. Hopefully they'll give Beast a lot of attention in the title updates and make it something worth playing in the future, but for now I'm only putting up with it for Wretch kills so I can get the Instagib mutator. After that, I'm done until it gets some updates.

Oh, and while I'm blowing some steam, why did they ruin the Trenches map with that stupid sand? It's a nicely laid out map, but I hate playing on it because of the random "SAND YOU CAN'T SEE LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!" bullshit. That didn't happen in the trenches section of the campaign, so why does the map based on that part of the campaign have that shit in it? I really hope they take that out so the map can become enjoyable.

What's this? A close range weapon is better at close range than a medium and long range weapon are? Next you'll be complaining that the Longshot is overpowered at long range. :rolleyes:

Well your obviously not very good then cause I have beat beast mode numerous times on casual and even insane once.

EDIT: And I have never used the butcher

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

I quite enjoy this game. Some of my favorite parts include:teammates throwing smoke grenades, blocking my view so that an enemy can retro charge in and kill me; teammates pushing me out of cover so I can get killed; when I shoot your character in the face with the gnasher and nothing happens and you in turn cut me in half; the glitchy boss level to finish the game; the sawed off(everyone's favorite gun) that keeps downing or killing me from a distance; still surprised that ranked matches are taking forever. Other than that there's not much to bitch about. I feel bad for my friend who went through Arcade on insane and didn't get the onyx medal.

I got Infinite Ammo and Super Reload for the very fact that it was gonna make the Campaign on Insane easier.

So me and my three friends get to the final boss fight thinking it was NBD.

First phase, simply enough she flies around and you shoot her in the mouth.

Second phase, she flies around you shoot her in the mouth and hammer her, occasionally she sends a few shriekers your way, but no biggie, for you have super reload.

Third phase, I swear my coop party died and went to hell. She flies around shooting her frickin' laser beam at you and if you even stick out your foot, your roasted. Then she sends Palace Guards, after you. Like seriously? This is where all the challenge is located. Then the tempest jumps on the frickin' building and starts humping the crap out of it and while me and my party are shooting her in the back, the guards slowly advance towards us and kills us in about 2 bursts of the hammerburst.

Whoever designed this boss did not, I repeat did not play it on Insane after the game was done. Please they need to patch it or something, no one is ever gonna beat it with four people.

Anyways, anyone know if we play regular campaign and one of us plays on Insane while the other play on Casual will we get the achievement?

And yes I'm mad.

I got Infinite Ammo and Super Reload for the very fact that it was gonna make the Campaign on Insane easier.

Second phase, she flies around you shoot her in the mouth and hammer her, occasionally she sends a few shriekers your way, but no biggie, for you have super reload.

Third phase, I swear my coop party died and went to hell. She flies around shooting her frickin' laser beam at you and if you even stick out your foot, your roasted. Then she sends Palace Guards, after you. Like seriously? This is where all the challenge is located. Then the tempest jumps on the frickin' building and starts humping the crap out of it and while me and my party are shooting her in the back, the guards slowly advance towards us and kills us in about 2 bursts of the hammerburst.

Whoever designed this boss did not, I repeat did not play it on Insane after the game was done. Please they need to patch it or something, no one is ever gonna beat it with four people.

Anyways, anyone know if we play regular campaign and one of us plays on Insane while the other play on Casual will we get the achievement?

And yes I'm mad.

I know how you feel, and yes, if you do it that way you still get the achievement, I know because thats what I ended up doing.

My bitches re: Gears 3-

- MP pros playing casual, give us new MP guys a chance. Not my fault if i have children and cant afford, financially or timewise, to be amazing in MP. I still want to have fun> PLAY IN NORMAL, NOT CASUAL.

- Hate games that charge you 40bar then want more money for DLC, escpecially stuff thats already on the disc i have purchased. Stop taking the piss out of us Epic.

- Seriously 3.0 enough said

- People on this thread not warning about spoilers. Would name names but cant be arsed to get into a bitching war with some douche.

- Being penalised, ie not getting medals skins etc. for not playing the beta.

Edited by Wheatley101UK

Seriously 3.0 is the most ridiculous achievement I have ever seen. This became apparent to me the moment I saw the medal obtained for killing your nemesis with an execution 75 times (for the bronze), that means that u have to be so bad that someone kills you 5 times in a row and then u have to execute them for 1 point. My god what will onyx be? 500 times? The only way u can do this is by farming with 2 controllers. Also how many times would u have to play through the campaign to get some of the others? 1000's of times? My god don't get me wrong i like achievements where u have to replay to some extent but god dam anyone who gets this achievement will no doubt hate the campaign by the end of it and would never want to play this game again. Im gettin all the achievements except for seriously 3.0 and war supporter because i just dont have the time for this. I also hate that host like to quit during final waves in horde resetting u to wave 1?!?!!?!?!? i mean wtf?!!?!?!? why not choose a new host and restart at that same wave. ok ok im done ranting

I understand why they have spawn protection, but when the game will allow enemy players to spawn in an area you're running through it gets to be annoying. Spawn protection should drop the moment you take a shot. It also seems like sometimes the retro lancer charge executions bugs and makes the person invincible during the execution. Had a friend get lanced in a game earlier tonight and put 3 gnasher shots in the retro guy. As soon as he threw the body off the lancer , dude just rolled away np. Did they make it so the body on the bayonet will absorb shots if they are coming from the front?

Seriously 3.0 is the most ridiculous achievement I have ever seen. This became apparent to me the moment I saw the medal obtained for killing your nemesis with an execution 75 times (for the bronze), that means that u have to be so bad that someone kills you 5 times in a row and then u have to execute them for 1 point. My god what will onyx be? 500 times? The only way u can do this is by farming with 2 controllers. Also how many times would u have to play through the campaign to get some of the others? 1000's of times? My god don't get me wrong i like achievements where u have to replay to some extent but god dam anyone who gets this achievement will no doubt hate the campaign by the end of it and would never want to play this game again. Im gettin all the achievements except for seriously 3.0 and war supporter because i just dont have the time for this. I also hate that host like to quit during final waves in horde resetting u to wave 1?!?!!?!?!? i mean wtf?!!?!?!? why not choose a new host and restart at that same wave. ok ok im done ranting

dude i hear ya, i totally agree.

I understand why they have spawn protection, but when the game will allow enemy players to spawn in an area you're running through it gets to be annoying. Spawn protection should drop the moment you take a shot. It also seems like sometimes the retro lancer charge executions bugs and makes the person invincible during the execution. Had a friend get lanced in a game earlier tonight and put 3 gnasher shots in the retro guy. As soon as he threw the body off the lancer , dude just rolled away np. Did they make it so the body on the bayonet will absorb shots if they are coming from the front?

i've killed plenty of dudes while they were executing my teammates...even the lancer charge one

Still waiting on my broken game to be fixed by Epic :(. All other bitching is irrelevant.

WHAT HE SAID. COME ON EPIC YOUR BETA TESTERS SHOULD HAVE FOUND THIS GLITCH LONG BEFORE THE GAME CAME OUT!!!!:uzi:

What is the sense of having split screen offline in a game if accessing this module will cause your game ($150 for the EPIC edition) to become unplayable.

Thanks for the reach around EPIC.

And yes I'm mad.

not to seem the dickbag type here, but i was successfully able to complete 4P insane mode... the queen just took about an hour... easiest solution is after you knock the queen off the tower, split into 2 groups.. group 1 with hammers stick on the queen, while the other 2 run around the platform looking for guards.

also, am willing to host 4P insane runs start to finish a few times per week.

I want to bitch about all the bitchers. All I see now, which is actually funny to me, is all the gnasher junkies ("true gears players" lol) angry that something can finally kill them that isn't a gnasher and that they have to switch up their flawless tactics they've mastered over the last 4-5 years.

I wish people would just shut up, man up, and adapt. Instead of complaining. Maybe it's just because they feel victimized and embarassed over a video game and must see "justice" done, i'm not sure because I'm not a moron.

I think shotgun whores of both kinds are idiots and have been trying to ruin gears forever. Now with 3 it's balanced enough that the gnasher isn't the only worth while weapon to use and the change has caused all these gnasher fantatics to get different results they're used to and now blame not their inability to adapt, but the other shotgun.

Seriously people...it's a stop & pop shooter with cover...If your #1 weapon is a shotgun of ANY kind...you're doing it wrong.

Adapt more, whine less please. Thanks. I feel better now.

This game is a joke to the shooting genre - I look at the Seriously achievement and interpret it as 'Seriously? Why the fuck did I play this shit game for so long.' Boring campaign, Horde is the only amusing thing to it and thats not even an original idea, Beast was fun but repetitive now and VS is just a shitty b-budget multiplayer experience.

The people that argue that the GoW VS is awesome is joking themselves; its a slow pace gameplay experience filled with moments as awe as you pull off a headshot with a no-scope gnasher. Then again... who gives a shit. In what military game does one run up to an enemy to pull of a shot gun kill while under fire? I'm amused when I put half a clip of an already gigantic 60-bullet clip into something and yet be able to pull a gnasher kill.

I'd like to see bullet damage increased and see how those shotgun shits survive then.

One more week and this shit game will be returned.

edit: And yes, I have a 3.0 K/D and I have pulled off a 3-4 killstreak with the Gnasher all at once and I never got filled with exhilaration. It just feels like COD where I gunned down the team with my AK. Meh! UAV inbound.

Edited by Jumnious

This game is a joke to the shooting genre - I look at the Seriously achievement and interpret it as 'Seriously? Why the fuck did I play this shit game for so long.' Boring campaign, Horde is the only amusing thing to it and thats not even an original idea, Beast was fun but repetitive now and VS is just a shitty b-budget multiplayer experience.

The people that argue that the GoW VS is awesome is joking themselves; its a slow pace gameplay experience filled with moments as awe as you pull off a headshot with a no-scope gnasher. Then again... who gives a shit. In what military game does one run up to an enemy to pull of a shot gun kill while under fire? I'm amused when I put half a clip of an already gigantic 60-bullet clip into something and yet be able to pull a gnasher kill.

I'd like to see bullet damage increased and see how those shotgun shits survive then.

edit: And yes, I have a 3.0 K/D and I have pulled off a 3-4 killstreak with the Gnasher all at once and I never got filled with exhilaration. It just feels like COD where I gunned down the team with my AK. Meh! UAV inbound.

haha horde isn't an original idea.... no of course not. It's just been copied by every other shooter known to man. Including Call of Doodie(spec ops/zombies), Gaylo(firefight), and a few others I can't remember. But no it's un-original.

I interpret this as:

You had a hard time with the campaign, and decided to bitch about it since there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

You claim Horde isn't an original idea without remembeing Gears of War 2 made it famous and it's been copied by every franchise from Borderlands to Call of Duty.

You can't win Beast Mode.

You suck at the online.

The game isn't slower then any other shooting game out there. Matter of fact compared to some games I've played, it's actually fast paced. Oh...and this?

"In what military game does one run up to an enemy to pull of a shot gun kill while under fire?"

Pretty sure no one's ever considered Gears of War to be a military game. Go back to Call of Duty because you apparently suck at Gears of War.

I interpret this as:

You had a hard time with the campaign, and decided to bitch about it since there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

You claim Horde isn't an original idea without remembeing Gears of War 2 made it famous and it's been copied by every franchise from Borderlands to Call of Duty.

You can't win Beast Mode.

You suck at the online.

The game isn't slower then any other shooting game out there. Matter of fact compared to some games I've played, it's actually fast paced. Oh...and this?

"In what military game does one run up to an enemy to pull of a shot gun kill while under fire?"

Pretty sure no one's ever considered Gears of War to be a military game. Go back to Call of Duty because you apparently suck at Gears of War.

Too bad you cannot check my stats.

I did Insane easily and then went back for the co-op achievements. I said the campaign was boring... which it was. I remember my first couple of chapters I never had an awe moment... just meh pewpew.

Horde gametypes have been around a lot longer then GoW2 - don't be a fanboy.

Beast Mode is cake - hence why I have a lot of Onyx medals in that gametype. I said it was repetitive - no mention of it being hard.

I can get kills in online as I earlier mentioned but I don't feel any w00t feelings for being good in a round. Its an unrewarding game experience.

I mentioned some distaste for CoD so you could have at least said go back to Halo, BC2 or some other FPS shooter that has a more competitive gaming experience.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/Jumnious/Forum%20GIFS/stamp___fail_troll_step_2_by_asmilingmalice-d3ecr2j.png

Maybe you missed the part that this is a bitching thread? What was you expecting? Rewards and 5/5 mentions for the game? I don't need some pissant making a rebuttal for no reason except to convince himself that he spent good money on a good game.

Edited by Jumnious