Best place to farm for Obsessed?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys the achievement is NOT glitched nor is the description wrong, in fact it is 100% accurate, just look at what you are picking up, took me well over 10 before I actually stopped and looked at the things that were dropping.

3 things can drop a picture of moxxi, this won't count as it's actually a poster, a frame with a blank white space, this doesn't count either, what does count is the framed picture of her, really bloody annoying :mad:

My achievement didn't unlock until well after ten, maybe it was fifteen but it felt even higher. I stopped counting when I knew it was wrong. It's good to see the idiots making this DLC haven't learned a single thing from the glitched collectables in the Robot Revolution DLC. It would have been nice to have a counter in the list of area challenges.

100% agree on this one.

Guys the achievement is NOT glitched nor is the description wrong, in fact it is 100% accurate, just look at what you are picking up, took me well over 10 before I actually stopped and looked at the things that were dropping.

3 things can drop a picture of moxxi, this won't count as it's actually a poster, a frame with a blank white space, this doesn't count either, what does count is the framed picture of her, really bloody annoying :mad:

Makes actually sense and I thought they were 10 different pictures but that would take way longer. Still though the developers fucked up again.

Just following up to my earlier post, to confirm it eventually popped for me, the item i picked up when it popped was called Moxxi Portrait, so if you are keeping count it's 10 of those you need.

I was doing it in the Beatdown bar, it was by far the most consistent place in the game for them to drop, now that I have it I bet they will be dropping every where :mad:

You don't even have to activate the Bar Brawl mission. Just go into the bar and start killing, the enemies respawn for quite awhile and when they stop just save and reload. I lost millions from those Rat Thieves also, so stupid. I went through a couple times before I saw this and at one point I looked at my money and I only had around 600K, when I started today I had about 8 million. A couple of million were lost from dying (drove right off into the open desert exploring what looks explorable only to get blown up) and the rest I guess the Rat Thieves are buying drinks with.

I bet it fell through the floor as well. After killing them it literally disappeared into the ground for me.

*note to all* If you can, stay on the 2nd floor. Rat Thieves don't appear up there as often and if they do, your money won't disappear through the 'cracks in the floor'.

I can deff say that petes bar is the best place for it. Had multiple drops during some waves (2-4 portraits at a time in some cases) I know for a fact that my friends and I deff picked up more than 10 portraits before the acheevo popped. Money getting stolen from the rats was quickly remedied by going in the back of the bar (where some stairs are) and jumping up on a ledge enabling me to stay clear of them.

Unfortunately, I have not kept track... but I've now just done 12 bar fights in a row (tier 3 rematch), and I haven't gotten one (empty frame or otherwise). And yes, I've been watching as soon as I kill, not waiting for rats to take all of it...

As much as I love the torgue tokens, this kinda sucks. Besides the bar, where else have you folks had luck?

I got a bunch during Pete's bar doing the rematches. If you're playing co-op they count for everyone if one person picks them up as well. There was no farming required for this achievement though. I got it halfway through the DLC with only doing Pete's bar rematch maybe a few times in the beginning, I had about 6 already and I was like wow this is easy. The rest came just from regular enemies throughout.

Pyro Pete's Bar - Bar Brawl Tier 3 seems to be what people are suggesting. I've gone through that battle 10 times and have 4 picture so far. It's not perfect but there's a lot of Badasses in there that drop pictures. You'll also get a ton of Tokens too.

WARNING though - I've seen my money stolen by Rat Thieves and disappear. I kill them and I see my money fall through the floor!! $200k just gone. I know it's not difficult to make money in this game but to see $200k disappear is heartbreaking in any game :p. I've lost about $400K now because of that glitch so becareful... (I hope it only affects me and not a majority).

LOL $400,000, thats chump change. I lost $25,000,000 last night and my buddy picked it up. He was like "we both get the money", no we dont, whoever picks it up gets it. I told him Merry Christmas since the round before he lost 500,000 that fell through the floor.

^^

I don't doubt that the money objects can fall through the floor, but I personally haven't seen it happen. Also, in regards to the color, whenever I have any taken by the rat thieves, it always re-drops as a weird, off-orange color, not the yellow OR white. =/

But, on-topic, yeah, Pyro Pete's Bar is the way to go, even if it still takes for-bloody-ever to get them all. Kinda sucks that there's different versions of the picture collectibles, though... like I needed MORE of a reason to continue grinding. >_<

I have been in the bar all night and have not seen 1 pop up yet. Is everyone playing on TVHM? can anyone confirm that they are getting the posters on TVHM, because I am doubting it every hour that goes by where I don't see one.

I was playing on TVHM mode and compared to some people think I was quite unlucky in getting them. I only got one the whole campaign and side missions. When I did the bar brawl the achievement popped when I got my 13th one in there (14 total) and because they weren't dropping them very often, I reckon I earnt at least 1400 tokens in there, I had to buy a legendary grenade at 999 tokens as it wouldn't let me go any higher.

They do pop on TVHM. I got the achievement last night and it didn't feel as if I had to farm too long for them.

You don't even have to have the quest active in Pete's bar, actually if you don't there will probably be more enemies to farm. But if you do have the quest active you also get 20 Torgue tokens each time, plus those you pick up in the bar. By doing this, I have plenty of tokens to buy a legendary now, just have to decide which one... Any thoughts on that?

Guys... guys... You DO NOT LOSE THE MONEY... they are actually dropped by the rats but the money is NOT yellow anymore, they are white.

THIS!

Note that you do not pick up automatically the white Dollars, you have to click X as for eridium.

I've only seen those damn pics drop the first time I went to Pete's Bar. Now that I've gone back again to farm for them, I haven't seen one drop yet.

Right. I've seen it happen.

Who hasn't? Yes, we all know about the pale money you have to pick up again.

Sorry but, you're wrong.

Oh really?

Funny, I could've sworn I cited the game's very own tips as my source that you can in fact lose the money forever. The thing about in-game tips is that they're usually quite accurate. Are you now suggesting that the game doesn't behave the way it claims to?

Just so you know I'm not making this up:

(http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Rat)

Rat Thief/Rat Bastard - Unlike other Rats, Rat Thieves have almost no interest in fighting, instead, they are interested in pilfering a sizeable chunk of money from unsuspecting travelers. Rat Thieves move quickly, quietly and often from behind their targets. If a Rat Thief is successful in his attempt to steal money, he will quickly scamper off to bury his newfound treasure, like other Rats. If he successfully buries the money he has stolen, it will become unrecoverable. The money can be recovered if the Thief is killed before he buries the money.

That red sentence is almost a verbatim copy of the original tip I cited.

Funny, I could've sworn I cited the game's very own tips as my source that you can in fact lose the money forever. The thing about in-game tips is that they're usually quite accurate. Are you now suggesting that the game doesn't behave the way it claims to?

You had said the guy was wrong about not losing the money forever once it was stolen. Everyone knows, however, that you can lose it forever if it is buried.

You had said the guy was wrong about not losing the money forever once it was stolen.

No, I said he was wrong about there being no circumstances where you will lose the money forever. Take a look for yourself:

Guys... guys... You DO NOT LOSE THE MONEY... they are actually dropped by the rats but the money is NOT yellow anymore, they are white.

Note the use of caps and bold font? That's essentially stating "there is absolutely no possibility of you losing your money, ever", from which you can infer that he assumes you'll always manage to kill the rat, and/or that rats will stick around and won't return to their dens. If you're walled in by enemies or have been downed, and thus are unable to kill the rat before he reaches his den, then yes, you do lose the money, and so his statement is wrong.

Everyone knows, however, that you can lose it forever if it is buried.

Scroll up. Apparently not.