Scorchers Guide and Roadmap

Yunder

can some1 clarify if i start the new game on UN diff..then skip the dlc scorchers

just doing the main missions also not doing the jobs posted on the jobboards in wellsprings and the other town

will the achievement still pop at the end..or do i have to do every mission incl dlc one?

thanks

Basically u can choose 2 options. U can initialize the dlc and start the campaign on UN, make a backup save after u reach the Hagar settlement and the first dlc mission pops up so after beating the campaign on UN u can return to this save file and beat the scorcher missions on easy.

But I still recommend to do everything in one go on UN, tell u why:

1. If u finish the 1st scorcher mission u will get the nail gun and it's really amazing, will make your run more easier.

2. After the 2nd scorcher mission the video poker machines will be open in Wellspring so u can farm a lot of money from that point. It's important because both glitches (blossom flower and ammo buyin/sellin in Subway town) has been patched, I checked them both they are not working.

3. During the last scorcher mission (scorchers base) u'll get the rocket launcher which u can get normally only after Dead city, but if u head there with the rocket launcher Dead city will be a piece of cake.

4. If u skip the scorcher missions on UN u'll need to do 1,5 playthrough because the scorcher missions will stop continously and require a story progression so u'll do several missions twice.

2. After the 2nd scorcher mission the video poker machines will be open in Wellspring so u can farm a lot of money from that point. It's important because both glitches (blossom flower and ammo buyin/sellin in Subway town) has been patched, I checked them both they are not working.

3. During the last scorcher mission (scorchers base) u'll get the rocket launcher which u can get normally only after Dead city, but if u head there with the rocket launcher Dead city will be a piece of cake.

Couple things wrong here,

2. Subway Town buying from Stew/selling to Jani has NOT been patched. I did it right when I got there on UN. It's not a glitch or exploit really. It's what anyone would do in real life in a public market. Buy for less, sell for more. It works best with Viper rockets.

3. You can actually get the rocket launcher earliest inside one of the sewers, the one nearest Kvasir's Chasm I think, right above his place where that ramp would be if you were doing races. I THINK. Not sure if that's the right one, but it's what comes to mind.

Really? Because I just beat it yesterday and struggled a lot less than I did on original Nightmare. Maybe it's because I knew what it was already like? Plus I had plenty of Pop Rockets, Fatboys, and HE Rockets to last 'till the endgame. Not to mention constantly having 99 Bandages and the ability to make at least 30 Sentry Bots. That may have had something to do with it.

Well, it's obviously not possible for Ultra-Nightmare to be literally easier than Nightmare. Maybe it was for me because I decided to rush through the main story instead of doing the side missions. I was always struggling with money because of that and I didn't intend on doing any exploit regarding that. So yeah, I'd say it was harder since I never died while playing on Nightmare and during this run I died several times.

Well, it's obviously not possible for Ultra-Nightmare to be literally easier than Nightmare. Maybe it was for me because I decided to rush through the main story instead of doing the side missions. I was always struggling with money because of that and I didn't intend on doing any exploit regarding that. So yeah, I'd say it was harder since I never died while playing on Nightmare and during this run I died several times.

My post was saying that I found it to be much easier, dying a lot less. Not possible you say? Possible I say. I rushed through as well, wasn't going to do a ton of unnecessary side stuff that would take longer to complete.

Couple things wrong here,

2. Subway Town buying from Stew/selling to Jani has NOT been patched. I did it right when I got there on UN. It's not a glitch or exploit really. It's what anyone would do in real life in a public market. Buy for less, sell for more. It works best with Viper rockets.

3. You can actually get the rocket launcher earliest inside one of the sewers, the one nearest Kvasir's Chasm I think, right above his place where that ramp would be if you were doing races. I THINK. Not sure if that's the right one, but it's what comes to mind.

I didn't find that early possibility for the rocket launcher so it's a good tip for anyone. But regarding the Subway town ammo trick it's really strange, I checked Stew 3 times (right after arriving to the town and 2 times after the 1st and 2nd mission there) and he sold the goodies expensiver than I could sell them to Jani 2 times in a row, only for the 3rd time he offered MG AV rounds which I could sell to Jani with 2 bucks extra. Maybe it's working only with ammo but not with grenades bcs first he offered HE grenades then EMP grenades, they were too expensive and only the MG rounds worth to sell by Jani.

For those intrested, I'm currently uploading a FULL guide which contains all loactions for the Collector Cards, Jumps, Field Goals, Easter Eggs, and so on. I'm playing it on Ultra Nightmare (off course) on a dummy account so for the people who didn't started this game yet, here's my playlist. DLC missions are included as well:

I have someone borrowing this game and they never returned it. I have reminded them a few times but still no luck (not answering my texts). I was worried and almost bought this game a second time on gamefly (it's like 9 dollars). Now I see this achievement and I can probably just wait :)

lies...your an achievement hunter. you wanna wait but you also cant wait... that incomplete game is talking shit to you just like me!! ill prolly end up starting this soon!! I hate being an achievement hunter and completionist sometimes! I still regret doing the TA Bean Dive this year!!! UGHH!! OK im done!

I've seen some posts of people saying that you need to progress a certain amount of the way through the story to particitpate in the Scorcher missions. Can I load up one of my old saves from when I first played through the game and do these DLC missions? I should have the game again tomorrow so I'll find out if no one answers me.

I've seen some posts of people saying that you need to progress a certain amount of the way through the story to particitpate in the Scorcher missions. Can I load up one of my old saves from when I first played through the game and do these DLC missions? I should have the game again tomorrow so I'll find out if no one answers me.

As long as you've completed the first Hagar quest, you'll be able to start the Scorchers questline. The first Hagar quest is right in the beginning of the game.

FUCK YOU ID SOFTWARE. Why is this an Achievement? Absolutely absurd. The entire Campaign again? I dunno if I'll do it just for the sake of completion because that's unreasonable.

Regardless, thanks for the guide!

I agree. You don't support your game for 14 months, then you throw this shit out there? Someone should be shot for this achievement, you don't add another difficulty 14 months after a games release and add an achievement for it. That's just a dick move. Fuck id software, I hope they go under for this stupidity. I'll add id to my "do-not-buy" list along with Epic Games, not supporting idiot developers who make horrible achievement decisions anymore. Shame too, I loved this game and now I hate it because of this new difficulty making me waste another 15-20 hours when I have a stack of unplayed games waiting to be opened.

The same 2 complainers from the other thread eh? Well I'm looking forward to this as it's one of my favorite new IP's of this generation along with Bioshock.

I also don't mind late DLC at all, but MS should give us some kind of alert/notification system that automatically lets us know when new DLC has been released for a game instead of having us rely on our "Completed Games" section of "Social" in the dashboard as our completed game count drops. This is the how I first learned of the DLC.. My completed games went down by 1.

• 1 month later...
Don't try to upgrade your vehicle either since the races are impossible to beat on Nightmare and up..

Uh, I did my first playthrough on nightmare and beat all the races with very little problem. The ultra-nightmare races seem absurd, through. The first time trial given in Hagar settlement took me like 5 tries and I made it by like .02 seconds. I gave up on the first wellspring time trial after a few tries when I realized I could do a different race.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it possible to complete the game on Ultra Nightmare, drop it down to easy, and then finish the DLC missions? I finished the first two DLC missions (mostly to get the nail gun and get two of the missions completed), but they were rough (I heard the Bash mission is super hard). So, I was hoping I could drop it to easy after completing the main game.

Is it possible to complete the game on Ultra Nightmare, drop it down to easy, and then finish the DLC missions? I finished the first two DLC missions (mostly to get the nail gun and get two of the missions completed), but they were rough (I heard the Bash mission is super hard). So, I was hoping I could drop it to easy after completing the main game.

Yeah, you can. The DLC achievements aren't difficulty specific.

Well, technically you can't do anything after the story is complete. If I recall correctly, the game sort of...ends. When you load the game, it starts up back at your previous checkpoint.

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just make a separate save and drop the difficulty in that one. Thanks for the info!