Gears of war 2 20x XP Now Live!

FR0ST3D AX3

It's currently only x10 xp for some reason.

I think the game always has a 2x xp multiplier, so the multipliers that Epic states multiply the base xp, which ignores the 2x.

Okay, screw waiting.

I want to get my wings ASAP, especially since I just got reset and now have 250 xp. So, I'm going to host a boosting group for KOTH boosting, only during this xp week. If you want to boost, reply here (quote this post or include my name) or message me on Xbox LIVE (voice or text; A7X x Shadow) that you're interested. Also tell what days and time(s) you'll be available to boost, based on your own time zone, and what time it was for you when you sent the message. (I'm bad at time zones.) I'm hoping to get a full group by tomorrow, hopefully even today, and I suppose any surpluses could divide into their own little groups.

Also, please have access to social matches! I'm pretty sure that's where the boosting is made a thousand times easier!

20x xp is a waste if no one actually gets to boost.

If lucky, we can start boosting tomorrow, or even today if we have enough people available. You'll likely find me online from 3-10pm (the time right now for me is 4:38 pm), and I'll be trying to boost every freaking day. Friday-Sunday will be all day that's an awake hour for me.

P.S. This will be my first (and hopefully last) time hosting a boosting group in Gears 2, so please bear with me, and maybe give some advice if you've ever done this yourself.

Posting this here since lots of people are posting for boosting sessions on this thread, too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game always has a 2x xp multiplier, so the multipliers that Epic states multiply the base xp, which ignores the 2x.

Posting this here since lots of people are posting for boosting sessions on this thread, too.

A7X x Shadow, im def up for some boosting so would love to be included in your session. Im available Wed & Thurs from 5PM - 10PM GMT (UK Time, I believe in USA thats either 8AM, 10AM or 11AM depending on what timezone you fall under). Im fully available from Friday and all over the weekend also. So from 5PM (GMT) friday im free then onwards across the whole weekend and am prepared to boost nonstop to get this. I have a mic and am at level 50 currently but will prob do some more horde boosting before then to get some more levels.

A7X x Shadow, im def up for some boosting so would love to be included in your session. Im available Wed & Thurs from 5PM - 10PM GMT (UK Time, I believe in USA thats either 8AM, 10AM or 11AM depending on what timezone you fall under). Im fully available from Friday and all over the weekend also. So from 5PM (GMT) friday im free then onwards across the whole weekend and am prepared to boost nonstop to get this. I have a mic and am at level 50 currently but will prob do some more horde boosting before then to get some more levels.

Agh, if your conversions are right, then I'm not able to be on at those times Thurs. and Wed. I guess you can only join during the weekend, or at least with me present. Thanks for being the only one to tell me when you're available lol.

Agh, if your conversions are right, then I'm not able to be on at those times Thurs. and Wed. I guess you can only join during the weekend, or at least with me present. Thanks for being the only one to tell me when you're available lol.

US is only between 5 and 8hrs behind us in the UK, so that should be between 12:00pm and 17:00pm US time... ish.

http://www.timeanddate.com/ helps :)

US is only between 5 and 8hrs behind us in the UK, so that should be between 12:00pm and 17:00pm US time... ish.

http://www.timeanddate.com/ helps :)

:D Given my closeness to the east U.S., I'd guess that I'm 5 hours behind.

By the way, I've seen you looking for a KOTH boosting group. Mind if I include you in mine?

Those time conversion sites don't help me much. I don't know much more than two time zones and I don't know my own relative to GMT. :o

By the way, I've seen you looking for a KOTH boosting group. Mind if I include you in mine?

Feel free. I've sent you a friend request. If you see me online just send me a message. Chances are I'll be available, especially at the weekend as I work all week and can't get on till around 8pm my time (you +5hrs).

Feel free. I've sent you a friend request. If you see me online just send me a message. Chances are I'll be available, especially at the weekend as I work all week and can't get on till around 8pm my time (you +5hrs).

Perfect. I can't get on until 3pm my time, so we'll be on at around the same time.

...It must be quite late for you right now.

Alright then. About 2 or 3 more spots are left if everyone miraculously shows up.

If I can find a 48hr code, I may be able to sort something out. Didn't think you could have guests in public matches?

Well, I thought a second controller would suffice; wouldn't want you to go through that much trouble when there's a number of people on other threads that might still be available. We'll be doing social, so I'm pretty sure that guests are allowed.

Excellent! One extra should be enough, heh. I'll ignore that 48 hour code detail since it doesn't seem entirely important anymore.

Alright, if no one misses it (doubtful), we should have 10 people. Hopefully any absences can be filled in by guests.

Nevermind that. One of the boosters seems to have removed me, so we're two people short now... once again. I guess I'll go dig through the achievement trading thread.

Edited by A7X x Shadow

No worries dude, yeh if ur eastern then u should b 5 hours behind (i think it's 5 for eastern, 6 for central & 8 for pacific). Like I said I'm free all weekend to do this, I'll add u on xbox n if u c me on n uve got enuf ppl then I'll join if I can but jus can't play too late tonite n tomo!

Also not 100% sure if u can sign a guest in and play unless they've got a gold account, but if u can then I could do that if we need an extra as I've got a second controller.

theres a LOT of people on that have been down to boost in the last few days. just go in swinging your smoke grenade and someone (possibly myself) will start swinging too.

Yeh well hopefully well b able to arrange a proper date n time with the amount of people needed, how many does it take to do this? Ive never done koth boosting before so I'm unfamiliar with how it works?

No worries dude, yeh if ur eastern then u should b 5 hours behind (i think it's 5 for eastern, 6 for central & 8 for pacific). Like I said I'm free all weekend to do this, I'll add u on xbox n if u c me on n uve got enuf ppl then I'll join if I can but jus can't play too late tonite n tomo!

Also not 100% sure if u can sign a guest in and play unless they've got a gold account, but if u can then I could do that if we need an extra as I've got a second controller.

I'm pretty sure that a no-profile guest (the username[1] ones) will be given the same privileges as the first player on the console, or something along those lines, except for chatting online. I'm not 100% on it myself, but previous boosting hosts have asked if I could sign in a guest to fill a spot and they seemed more confident than me lol. The spot got filled by someone else, so I didn't get a chance to fully confirm it.

theres a LOT of people on that have been down to boost in the last few days. just go in swinging your smoke grenade and someone (possibly myself) will start swinging too.

Yeah, but random boosting didn't work out too well for me, so I came here. Everyone online seems to want to play legit.