FUBAR Bitching Thread

I'm going to be honest, I've had a fair few issues but for me, I've had no trouble apart from the chapter 13 which I'm on now and this is the last one.

Here some annoying parts for me;

No Dodge - The whole concept of not having a dodge button has ruined a lot of the FUBAR experience for me. Being in cover to then have a grenade thrown at me is normally instant death. You can't simply roll away, you have to find cover to switch to, which is time wasting, or you have to come out of cover and sprint, and then this causes the AI to shoot and kill you.

Grenades - The major annoyance here is that you can't throw them back. Then that just leaves you with the point above when one gets thrown at you.

Other than that, I've worked through the chapters quite fast. I've noticed you just need to be fast and a good shot! The amount of times I've taken my time and died because the AI got into a good position is endless. I'll then take notes on starting points, take them out fast, do the same to the others about before they can move up or react and move on. It's working well so far!

I've had some trouble in some parts, where I get caught out or in a corner and can't do much and this has mainly happened in C13. The very start took me a while until I figured out a plan and place to hide and kill off the group of AI with ease. I'm dreading the part where you defend in and around that boat... My last chapter though, then I'm 100% done!

Edited by Nozza

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tips how to pass heli section in part 6 (or 7)? This takes place in some kind of museum with t-rex sceleton where you have to run and not get killed by guy in helicopter? I'm after like 30 continues and die everytime in the same moment after taking few steps >< Cover system is disabled and all I can do is to run which is pointless since I get nailed every time!

Are you sprinting all the way through? I was worried this part was going to be a pain but I got through it the first time. It appears when you get near the end the game will quickly heal you before you turn right to run out of that area but you need to be sprinting the entire time. Don't slow down for one second. I have never died here in any of my playthroughs which made me think the game was designed to make you take damage but not die. Obvioulsy thats not the case...

Are you sprinting all the way through? I was worried this part was going to be a pain but I got through it the first time. It appears when you get near the end the game will quickly heal you before you turn right to run out of that area but you need to be sprinting the entire time. Don't slow down for one second. I have never died here in any of my playthroughs which made me think the game was designed to make you take damage but not die. Obvioulsy thats not the case...

I can't speak for him (tho i am sure that he is sprinting the whole way through, i assume hes not stupid) but i was stuck on the same part for 20 minutes and i assure you that i was sprinting the whole way through, tried to run a zig zag pattern (kills you faster), vault over the cover, sprint around the cover and even attempted to take cover (facing the helicopter) but none of that worked.

Then, just all of a sudden, i ran around the cover and it actually worked. once you get to the part where you're running through the building as it collapses it is Mostly scripted and if you stay running you will not die, just getting to that part seems to be lucky.

Chapter 6 is where i initially began thinking that FUBAR was a cheap difficulty (mainly because of the helicopter sequence)

Thats so weird. I guess I'll just consider myself lucky that I got through it so easily. Like I said, I never used cover, just sprinted right in a straight line. I'm just past where you fight in that square while with Gould and am now seeing the strain of playing of FUBAR. Not quiet sure if this 50 points is worth watching Lugo and Adams die another 5000 times while standing out in the open.

i'm so fucking glad i finished fubar. yager's term of fubar is "Fucking Utterly Bullshit And Retarded" game. i never seen so much cheap crap in a game. My 2 A.I's are so stupid it makes my brain hurt just thinking of those 2 idiots.I notice i'm not alone in how pls think how bullshit fubar is, lol. If i was asked and paid to do this again, i rather give one of my testicles before i play that crap again. i can't wait to give this back to gamestop, hell i'll pay them to take it back lol. :)

finished all chapters on FUBAR in one sitting! Had a big gaming weekend so just went hard.

It wasn't that bad, except for chapters 13 & 14 which were pretty frustrating, but still do-able.

Edited by Sceneman

i'm so fucking glad i finished fubar. yager's term of fubar is "Fucking Utterly Bullshit And Retarded" game. i never seen so much cheap crap in a game. My 2 A.I's are so stupid it makes my brain hurt just thinking of those 2 idiots.I notice i'm not alone in how pls think how bullshit fubar is, lol. If i was asked and paid to do this again, i rather give one of my testicles before i play that crap again. i can't wait to give this back to gamestop, hell i'll pay them to take it back lol. :)

I coudn,t agree more!! Compared to suicide mission where your teamates where actualy helpfull and almost never got downed, on FUBAR it seems Yager downgraded your team IA to almost zero, they run straight into enemies fire or get out of cover without reasons and get downed over and over again. I not had so much problems with FUBAR when it wasn,t mostly for my teamates that just acted silly.

Another thing that plays up is the cover system and altho very handy it seems to work perfectly when not needed but in the thick of a firefight like when taking the bunkers out on chapter 15 it seems the cover systen takes a nap and you get killed so quik. I think most of us ended up standing in front of the cover after a sprint and then not going into cover or when you quikly wanted to fault over a cover you ended up smaking the damn thing.

Other then those issues i had fun playing thru even at points i wanted to break the gamedisk in half lol!

In short this difficulty is for the persistant gamers under us that go thru even its highly frustrating and at points utter stupid because of aboved named.

To all going thru FUBAR or planning too good luck soldiers!! :p

it's still copmlete garbage that fubar is a difficulty

Haha sounds like you having fun :p But honest i know what you mean!! Its just highly frustrating and stupid at times to say the least. I probly not kidding that playing this game thru on FUBAR cost me a good year of my life lol!

Its mainly about being persisting and holding on and as an already mentioned advice, i not played thru FUBAR in one go i basicly start playing and if i had a good day i finished two to three chapters and then took a break, and restarted fresh the next day, if you do it this way it might take mabye abit longer but its less frustrating over all. You def not wanna know how many times i cursed that i had to restart all over again or almost close to a checkpoint got killed. Its easy said you kinda playing to get to a next checkpoint just to get somewhat further. Not to mention abit of luck is def not bad either. Some probly might say "Bullshit!!" Its about skill!! Well that might help aswell ofcourse but i,m pretty sure most can get past FUBAR if they just take their time and get the aiming trick under their belts its def a life saver. And yes persistance lol :)

chapter 10 in the parking garage is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. Every single time I do remotely well, my team mates decide to die, and since it's not possible to revive them (because of the fucking turret) then I am dead as well. I mean who designed FUBAR difficulity, it's fucking ridiculous.

Please someone else tell me you are struggling on this part too to make me feel better.

Rant over (for now)

EDIT - ok, you might now find more rants from me, because the next try after my post, did the garage and the AI didn't even get downed lol. I may have 0 grenades and 0 ammo for the next area, but I'm feeling lucky ;)

Edited by the action frampton
Update

True!! Thats what is most annoying, the lack of your teamates IA.

Yes there were a couple of times where I'd approach a battlefield, and the AI would take cover ahead of where I would, or they would move up after one wave was killed only to be downed when the second wave came. It is without a doubt the most annoying part of the game.

I'm currenly on chapter 10 or maybe 11 i'm not really sure,it's the part that you have to use the machine gun to cover for Adam and Lugo to zip line over . the problem is they alway die at part where 1 of them blew up a door to go upstair and fight a Juggernault head on and some enemy flank them from behind . If i shoot the flanker then the Juggernault kill them,kill the Juggernault then the flanker get them , i never have enought time to them all down just because the AI alway try to be heroic and leaving cover to fight the juggernault head-on =.=

This part was kicking my ass! After 20 tries (and no, this is NOT an exaggerated number), I ALMOST gave up, but after realizing that the Juggernaunts were the MAIN problem, I took them out first (especially the one coming down the stairs).

Finally 1K'ed it a few minutes ago, and I am sooooooooooo relived. I will be playing it again with no Achievements, no Intel items and no FUBAR difficulty in the way. The story was actually good.

I finished the entire game on fubar, no real problems, just powered through, I wouldn't do it again though, but here's the problem. Every mission is listed as completed on fubar except Chapter 12, so I thought, no big deal, I'll just beat it again, and it still says it's only completed on suicide. I'm not going to play the entire game again for one achievement or one level. Is this level glitched, and has anyone else had this problem?

I finished the entire game on fubar, no real problems, just powered through, I wouldn't do it again though, but here's the problem. Every mission is listed as completed on fubar except Chapter 12, so I thought, no big deal, I'll just beat it again, and it still says it's only completed on suicide. I'm not going to play the entire game again for one achievement or one level. Is this level glitched, and has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't seen anything like that. As a matter of fact I beat half the game on FUBAR, dialed it down for a bit, and then when back and beat the levels I needed to on FUBAR with no problems. This may be a silly question but you're SURE you have the difficulty set back to FUBAR when you replayed the level?

I haven't seen anything like that. As a matter of fact I beat half the game on FUBAR, dialed it down for a bit, and then when back and beat the levels I needed to on FUBAR with no problems. This may be a silly question but you're SURE you have the difficulty set back to FUBAR when you replayed the level?

I thought that myself, but I checked my save, and it was sitting at the beginning of chapter 13 on fubar, so that was out of the question. But since then, I replayed 1 more time, and the achievement popped in the middle of the level when I was shooting the other helicopters. I'm kind of relieved because after the work of beating the game twice, I didn't want to be sitting at 950G for this game, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

managed to finally get past chapter 6 on the helicopter escape, i don't care what anyone says about how to do it, u need only 1 tip - LUCK pure and simple.

probably the most pointless part of the game, it would make more sense if u had to move cover to cover from the helicopter, a bit like on gow3 where u had to make your way upstairs inside the building going cover to cover hiding from myrrah riding on the beast that fires the ray at u, this part of spec ops should have followed that idea which makes more sense that to just have to run and hope.

• 3 weeks later...

It saved a checkpoint when I only had less than half a clip of ammo in one SMG. And of course there would be a ton of flanking enemies and a juggernaut. Luckily after 20 deaths I found a machine gun in one corner and got through it in 2 tries after that. It's nice that the AI partners are so braindead too. Not all the time, but too often.