steal home

Here's what you do:

Do Situation mode playing as the Mets against the Red Sox (Make sure the Red Sox have Tim Wakefield pitching.). Make the Red Sox the home team. Make it top of the 1st, bases loaded with the 4th batter in the Mets lineup coming up. This puts Reyes on 3rd, who will be stealing home. Put the pitching speed slider all the way down. Put your running speed slider all the way up. Take a modest lead and steal home with Reyes. If you don't get it the first time, simply pause and restart (can't restart during a live play, wait til next batter.) I unlocked it on my third attempt.

I found an easier way: play a team that you may of made all have bad stats with a good team. use cheats of unlimited turbo. use the sliders to make the CPU have bad throwing power and accuracy, and high error chances. get a guy on 3rd, steal and have them get u in a rundown, keep going back and forth until they eventually throw it away. then just go score.

lolo i just realized my way was similar to the other guy's

You can adjust sliders and still get this achievement. Put the AI infield speed all the way.

Now get caught in a rundown. After the catcher throws back to third, turn around and it should be easy on the way home.

I got it on my first try this way. Also, turn your speed to the max.

if you do the wakefield strategy. edit him and take away all of his pitches except knuckle and fastball (it makes you keep fastball). so you have a 50% chance of gettin a knuckler to steal on instead of 33% orless...

i found it kind of tricky this way...

i just stole home from headin there when he went to pick me off of 3rd and i was safe, but it did not unlock. is there anything that has to stay default??? im confused about that.

the achievement doesn't say it has to be. and i did it in situation. did anyone else successfully get the achievement unlocked in a situation?

First reduce the pitching speed/control of pirates pitcher Duke. It also helps to reduce all fielder skills (arm power,accuracy,anticipaton) to zero.Start a situation mode, set yourself as the Mets (away team) and the Pirates (home team). Have the bases loaded and your 4th batter in your rotation up.Play as the first base runner and attempt to steal, this will force the other three base runner to run. By default they will move to the next available base and the pitcher will try to get the runner goin home, so u will get the achievement for 2 bases stolen at once. Just continue to do this (2 man on and force the recent base runner to steal) and u will have 6 steals/double steal/2 steals with the same playerNote - it helps to have on super bunts. That's an easy base hit.

First reduce the pitching speed/control of pirates pitcher Duke. It also helps to reduce all fielder skills (arm power,accuracy,anticipaton) to zero.Start a situation mode, set yourself as the Mets (away team) and the Pirates (home team). Have the bases loaded and your 4th batter in your rotation up.Play as the first base runner and attempt to steal, this will force the other three base runner to run. By default they will move to the next available base and the pitcher will try to get the runner goin home, so u will get the achievement for 2 bases stolen at once. Just continue to do this (2 man on and force the recent base runner to steal) and u will have 6 steals/double steal/2 steals with the same playerNote - it helps to have on super bunts. That's an easy base hit.

This is a proven method and works for all the steal achievements, use both of these teams as described and Duke is the CPU default pitcher, here is what I would add:

For the 1st 5 steals, set it to Rookie or Custom to make it easier, esp. for the steal home achievement, which I did by sliding under the tag but I also did it mostly by running over the catcher on other attempts (RT ^), your choice. Once you get to 5, set the Difficulty to Pro, since this achievement is glitched, I had 17 steals in 1 game and did not get the achievement...all you will need is this one steal and it is yours, just keep taking a big lead and diving back to 1st base and eventually the pitcher will throw one home and if you time it correctly you will unlock this achievement...thx macleem gs!

I registered an account just to ask this question. I've done this THREE FREAKING TIMES. Twice I did this on Pro difficulty and then once on custom. I waited until the end of the game every time hoping it would appear and it never did. What the hell am I doing wrong? I've ran the catcher over, gotten into a pickle, and scored on an error. I'm steaming. HELP!

EDIT: Nevermind. It worked the fourth time. Have no idea why though...

• 2 weeks later...
Here's what you do:

Do Situation mode playing as the Mets against the Red Sox (Make sure the Red Sox have Tim Wakefield pitching.). Make the Red Sox the home team. Make it top of the 1st, bases loaded with the 4th batter in the Mets lineup coming up. This puts Reyes on 3rd, who will be stealing home. Put the pitching speed slider all the way down. Put your running speed slider all the way up. Take a modest lead and steal home with Reyes. If you don't get it the first time, simply pause and restart (can't restart during a live play, wait til next batter.) I unlocked it on my third attempt.

This worked for me the very first time... I ran over the catcher..and BAMB!

I set the error thing to zero

• 1 year later...
Here's what you do:

AWESOME tip, worked 2nd try. I didn't have Reyes on 3rd, but still got it.

• 2 months later...

I've been at this for days now... i've tried all these methods to the T and it is still not working :mad:... is this game glitched or just people writing fake methods?

EDIT: got the full 1k, for detailed info on how to steal home/bases the right way, follow this link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210925

Edited by mrbonelly

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...