Secret 'Fifth Ending'? (Spoilers, obviously)

BlackDragon

All right, so I've seen the 4 main endings... suicide, returning alive, going down in a blaze of glory, or killing all the 'rescuers'.

But I've heard a rumor that there's a fifth ending, which you can only get if you take all of the 'nice' options throughout the game. If it's true, I screwed that up when I decided to rescue Goul instead of the civilians... and that's WAY too far back to start over from if this rumor's false.

Supposedly, in this ending (which obviously also requires you to avoid suicide at the end), the evacuation-force actually arrives in time to save the thousands of civilians left in the city from dying from thirst. Walker's still completely messed-up, and your team's still dead, but at least the civilians didn't end up paying the price.

But I dunno if it's true. I looked around YouTube for some 'ending videos', and they all only showed the 4 I know. Can anyone deny/confirm?

If you go through the game collecting A Man of Patience, Damned if You Don't, Friendly Fire, A Line, Held and Too Late The Hero, you should get the secret fifth ending...

That's one of the reasons I'm asking - I'm planning to start my second playthrough shortly, and if it's true, I'll be going for this ending too... but if it's just a silly rumor, I'll be going for 'all opposite' to my first choices in order to round out the achievements (which will see me doing mainly 'bad' choices, natch)...

'course, I need those achievements regardless, but it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to get them through chapter select...

Sadly this ending didn't happen :p I tried on Suicide Mission, and the normal 2 endings were all that happened. Maybe it happens for FUBAR only, but I wont be playing another playthrough for a little bit. But as of now, it looks like the 5th ending is a lie.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry man, looks like there is zero positive light on the US in this game. I assume that is why you were hoping for a 5th ending, but this entire game is nothing but the US being evil in all aspects. Surprised I have not seen this blow up in US media.

I'm personally glad dumb stuff like that isn't covered in the media. Every time they do a story on video games it never ends well. All they ever try to do is use it as a scapegoat for why some screwed up kid killed a bunch of people at their school or something like that. And let's not forget such classic news stories as the Mass Effect "sex simulator" and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's "you slaughter helpless civilians in an airport for no reason." Damn do I ever hate the press. Especially Fox News. :uzi: