Air Superiority by the numbers!

CGPsaint

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/79072229/822519/

US Army 54 | 0 RU Army

US Army 64 Kills | 95 Deaths

RU Army 41 Kills | 127 Deaths

What have we learned from these numbers? This game recorded 105 actual kills, and a staggering 117 "Bad Luck" Deaths.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/79070371/822519/

US Army 0 | 92 RU Army

US Army 43 Kills | 103 Deaths

RU Army 59 Kills | 107 Deaths

This game recorded 102 actual kills and 108 "Bad Luck" Deaths.

I could keep going. Pretty much every Air Superiority Battle Report looks like this. I'm going to earn 42 more wins for the medal and then mosey on back over to Conquest and TDM.

what?? TMI bro

Just don't tell your mom. I don't want her to cut me off...

Same here. With a bunch of good pilots it would probably be really easy to get this medal and about 10 jet stars in the proccess!

Kick the tires and light the fires then. I've played 10 AS games and won 8 of those, so it's by no means hard. A mediocre pilot could fly from capture point to capture point and probably earn 100 Jet Stars in very short order. My only point of contention is that it's not fun to play because of the insane number of collisions, or people committing suicide instead of coughing up the kill. It's all good. I'll knock out the medal and then move on. I'd still rather grind this out than finish up earning the Squad Deathmatch/Squad Rush medals.

Same here. With a bunch of good pilots it would probably be really easy to get this medal and about 10 jet stars in the proccess!

Kick the tires and light the fires then. I've played 10 AS games and won 8 of those, so it's by no means hard. A mediocre pilot could fly from capture point to capture point and probably earn 100 Jet Stars in very short order.

Haven't tried AS yet but meh, I'll hop in and be that guy. Might even unlock rocket pods finally. I can't shoot down other planes for shit but if I can stay alive long enough (which seems to be a big problem for everyone and anyone) I'll be a capn' those big ol' blimpflags. :p

l never really got into jets but trying this and getting a hang of it pretty well and fast now -- lt was fun as balls to to play it :D

lt's really easy to get unlocks getting those caps. l have like 15 kills with a jet now, a feat l never thought l'd make :b

l take it back, this shit sucks.

Edited by Eddy FIN
fuck everything

l never really got into jets but trying this and getting a hang of it pretty well and fast now -- lt was fun as balls to to play it :D

lt's really easy to get unlocks getting those caps. l have like 15 kills with a jet now, a feat l never thought l'd make :b

l take it back, this shit sucks.

what could have possibly happened in those 26 minutes to make you do a complete 180??? lol

The second half of this thread cracks me up. FIN was sold on AS for approximately 12 minutes... Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Air Superiority, but the fact that there are more "Bad Luck" Deaths than actual kills kind of puts a damper on the mode. It would also be nice if DICE would remove the suicide option from this mode...

Well it was fun while it lasted :p

I played a few games, cap'd some blimps, shot down a few other pilots, died a few times. Actually didn't have that many bad luck deaths. Mostly just got shot down or crashed not being able to pull out of a dive fast enough. It was pretty cool so long as I'm in a lobby full of equally bad pilots, which I was initially, then some higher caliber dudes routed in and ... yah that hurt. Went back to straight CQ with my bro after that. What amazed me is that I managed 4-6 jet kills each game, which.... was absolutely impossible before AS. I may make some progress on Maverick yet.

I played a few games, cap'd some blimps, shot down a few other pilots, died a few times. Actually didn't have that many bad luck deaths. Mostly just got shot down or crashed not being able to pull out of a dive fast enough. It was pretty cool so long as I'm in a lobby full of equally bad pilots, which I was initially, then some higher caliber dudes routed in and ... yah that hurt. Went back to straight CQ with my bro after that. What amazed me is that I managed 4-6 jet kills each game, which.... was absolutely impossible before AS. I may make some progress on Maverick yet.

Stick with it for the 50 wins and I'm sure that you'll net Maverick along the way. For what it's worth, try using: Maintenance, Extinguisher, and Heat Seekers. If you take a hit or two, pop the Extinguisher and then hug the deck until your Jet recovers. Rinse and repeat. Flares/ECM Jammer are 100% useless in AS.

Stick with it for the 50 wins and I'm sure that you'll net Maverick along the way. For what it's worth, try using: Maintenance, Extinguisher, and Heat Seekers. If you take a hit or two, pop the Extinguisher and then hug the deck until your Jet recovers. Rinse and repeat. Flares/ECM Jammer are 100% useless in AS.

u shall have a hard time getting maverick in AS, as there are no helicopters to destroy.

u shall have a hard time getting maverick in AS, as there are no helicopters to destroy.

Meh. At least he can knock out the 50 Jet kills without a chopper, an AA vehicle and 7 other dudes with IGLAs targeting him. I currently have a whooping 1 Chopper destroyed with my Jet, so I'm still 24 away from completing that assignment, and at this rate, it will be the last assignment I complete. It could be just me, but I feel like my bullets don't do shit against choppers. Ten strafing runs later, the chopper will finally start smoking....

Meh. At least he can knock out the 50 Jet kills without a chopper, an AA vehicle and 7 other dudes with IGLAs targeting him. I currently have a whooping 1 Chopper destroyed with my Jet

That's pretty much it, only have one chopper downed as well.

Before AS I had maybe 5 jet kills. Now I have 19 over just a few quick games. :woop: Can worry about choppers later.

That's pretty much it, only have one chopper downed as well.

Before AS I had maybe 5 jet kills. Now I have 19 over just a few quick games. :woop: Can worry about choppers later.

I'm up to TWO Choppers destroyed! I managed to strafe one taking off last night whilst playing CTF. 23 to go, so I should have that Assignment complete before BF4 releases!

I'm up to TWO Choppers destroyed! I managed to strafe one taking off last night whilst playing CTF. 23 to go, so I should have that Assignment complete before BF4 releases!

you have to snagglepuss the kill. circle the chopper like a priest in a preschool, then wait till it flares or jams, and use your HS (81 damage) then shot a bit. thats how i got all mine. even if they bail after it gets disabled, you will still get the vehicle destroyed