Easy, NOT QUICK, but Easy 1000

DeadMan XXXXXXX

There seems to be a fundamental breakdown in communication on this forum in regards to the difference between the words "easy" and "quick". We're all (painfully) aware of the thread listing the Quick 1000 gamerscore games, but I've seen numerous posts attempting to start a dialogue about games that are EASY 1000 pointers, independent of the time it may take to achieve, and yet they all seem to get the same treatment, which is to say they get referred to the Quick 1k thread and then their thread is closed. There was a perfect example of this weird phenomenon just earlier today (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=313005) where a user named "Bushybob" asked a very clearly stated question about easy 1000 gamerscore games, and he even acknowledged that the Quick 1000 thread existed, but tried to emphasize that he was asking a different question. In less than one hour, somebody brushed off his question with a generic link to the Quick 1000 thread, and his post was closed for future comments, almost as though he had committed some atrocity towards the sensibilities of the other forum users and had to be shut down.

So let me see if I can break this down in a different way that will hopefully garner an equally different result. The actual definition of the word Quick is: "something completed within a short interval of time." The definition of the word Easy is: "not hard or difficult, requiring no great labor or effort." - So clearly, these words mean different things. What I am looking for, and what I've seen numerous others try to start conversations about (only to be shunned and brow beaten by people who evidently don't own dictionaries) is a list of games that may or may not in fact take a good deal of time to get the entire 100% achievement score, but require less effort than say a game that you could complete in under 5 hours, but have to have a high level of skill and/or white knuckle your way through a hairy campaign. A good example of this would be a game like Fable 2, which I've heard was a very low impact game, wildly easy to complete and get the entire gamerscore, but did necessitate around 50 hours to get the whole thing done. This would qualify as an EASY 1000+ game, but would not qualify for the QUICK 1000+ list.

Let's break this down to an even baser level and just go with a single achievement. The XBL Arcade Game "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix" game has an achievement called "Sheng Long Is In Another Castle" in which you have to beat the roster of fighters in arcade mode without losing a match in order to get the secret character Akuma to appear, and once he does you have to beat him. Now, to your average gamer this is not an easy achievement. Sure, a Street Fighter savant could do it from start to finish in under twenty minutes and be done with it, which would qualify it as a Quick Achievement. But for many middle-of-the-road gamers who may not have extreme SF chops, this would be a serious challenge, and thus it would not be quick or easy. So when someone asks for a good example of an EASY achievement, only a buffoon would refer them to this one, as it's hugely skill based, takes some serious practice and effort, and although it may be extremely QUICK for some people, it certainly should not be qualified as Easy. See the distinction?

Look, the achievement guide roadmaps on this very site have two different categories, one for "Estimated Difficulty" and one for "Estimated Time," so SOMEONE out there acknowledges that there is a difference between the two, otherwise the category for difficulty wouldn't exist and we'd all live in a world where it's assumed that time spent translates into difficulty. And of course I'm fooling myself by thinking I'll get any response other than a link to the "Quick 1000" thread and have this post be swiftly closed, but in an attempt to throw out one last plea for cognitive reasoning on behalf of all the people who have tried and failed to engage other users in the conversation, I implore you to indulge me: Is there a list of games that are an EASY 1000 gamerscore, EVEN IF THEY TAKE 50 HOURS TO GET, and if not, can we open a dialogue and try to put one together?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys, it's nice to know I'm not the only one looking for this as well. It just seems absurd to me that on an achievement-based website, not just a general Xbox website but specifically an ACHIEVEMENT website, everyone who brings this up is figuratively curb stomped like a social pariah. It's essentially nothing more than just looking for a different way to filter existing content, and yet somehow it's being treated as the equivalent of asking for the blood of someone's first born. Everyone acts so put out and inconvenienced every time this topic is brought up as though it's very existence hurts them in some way, when it's not only a legitimately useful request but could be fun and engaging to help put together. Total vacuum of logic.

Completely agree with you Deadman about that thread. A new thread for Easy 1000s would be a good idea and it shouldn't matter how long the completion takes. It should only take in to account if the game can be completed with a low level of skill.

I'm also in agreement.

There needs to be an easy achievement thread. I don't care if it only takes less then 5 hours to 100% a game, if it requires mad skills I don't have then its not much help to me if I want a quick boost in score. Where as another game may take you about 20 hours to complete but all achievements are story based so I get that 1000 points quicker in the long run, as I don't have to practice and learn that harder game.

Edit: As this is your idea DeadMan, why not just start a new tread for the EASY 1000/200 and request it to be stickied, I'm sure the other people here would also put in a request of your behalf. Just reserve a few posts so the list can be expanded as we all add games we know. Here are a few games that I have found easy even if some are time consuming:

CSI: Hard Evidence

CSI: Deadly Intent

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

The Last Remnant

MagnaCarta 2

The Secret of Monkey Island

The Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChucks Revenge

Lost

Enchanted Arms

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Two Worlds

Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack the Ripper

Truth Or Lies

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Dash of Destruction

Harms Way

Edited by Arduous Wolf

Although I don't personally feel the need for a seperate easy 1000 list (almost made the mistake of writing "quick" there instead of easy haha), I do feel and understand what you are saying.

I think people should at least have the possibility to disguss what they think are easy 1000's and share it with others. If you may only read the existing quick 1000 list, you wouldn't need a forum and a simple faq section would suffice.

As far as quick-easy 200's go. Friggin "smile" for geometry wars 2 is driving me crazy. But I will succeed!!...... someday

EDIT: @ Arduous wolf: Oblivion is a good one. You can prety much make it as easy as you please, but it will take some time. And it's still one of the best games on xbox, so that's a plus ^^

Too Human

Nat Geo Quiz Wild Life

L.A. Noire

Xmen origins: Wolverine

And the thing that's wrong with this community is that some people want to be mr big dick and want to show everyone how amazing they are. These people are obnoxious, rude and sarcastic morons and more often than not they're subscribers. Paying for a website which is all community based:confused:

Went slightly off topic there but hey ho.

Edited by Agent Aero

Considering that the difficult (or tough) list is smaller then the easy list, the Tough/Long 1000's can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124731

Any game not on this list would be considered easy. If it was updated regularly, all tough/long games should be on this list.

If you go a step further and filter out the long games, you're left with a handful of tough games.

Edited by Wii187

As this is your idea DeadMan, why not just start a new tread for the EASY 1000/200 and request it to be stickied, I'm sure the other people here would also put in a request of your behalf. Just reserve a few posts so the list can be expanded as we all add games we know.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, although I probably wouldn't be the best candidate to run something like this as I don't play enough games to be considered any type of authority, not to mention I'm doing all this on my phone and that might be tough to coordinate. And I do realize a list of this type would always be subjective, as something considered easy to one gamer maybe wouldn't be for another. But it doesn't need to be demeaning as though it's only geared towards people with no skill, and it certainly doesn't need to be a venue to show off or insult others based on a perceived lack of skill. For me personally, after getting 100% of the achievements on games like both Army of Twos, The Saboteur, Mafia II, Red Dead, etc., sometimes I'm in the mood for an easy, non-challenging romp through something simple like Bully or TMNT, but still would like to see a nice 1000gs next to it when I'm done. I guess all I'm saying is I don't understand the hostility and animosity towards everyone who tries to start a list of this type, or even asks if there is already a list of this type in existence. It just seems unnecessary and juvenile.

All that said, I'll add my contributions to this growing list while I can (even though some of them have already been mentioned) before someone refers us to the "Quick 1000" thread and locks this up for good:

-Bully: Scholarship Edition

-TMNT

-CSI: Hard Evidence

-Lost: Via Domus

Considering that the difficult (or tough) list is smaller then the easy list, the Tough/Long 1000's can be found here:

Any game not on this list would be considered easy. If it was updated regularly, all tough/long games should be on this list.

If you go a step further and filter out the long games, you're left with a handful of tough games.

The list your link is going to is for tough and long items I believe. So Games that take a long time are also included in that list, just because a game is long doesn't mean its hard and thats what the owner is getting at here. And to the 2nd part where you say to filter out the long games and you'd be left with the tough games, then those would give you the easy games. Wouldnt it just be much easier on everyone to make a separate thread?

Also I'd like to add Viking: Battle for Asgard to this list

Edited by Foxxy kyle

I guess all I'm saying is I don't understand the hostility and animosity towards everyone who tries to start a list of this type, or even asks if there is already a list of this type in existence. It just seems unnecessary and juvenile.

And the thing that's wrong with this community is that some people want to be mr big dick and want to show everyone how amazing they are. These people are obnoxious, rude and sarcastic morons and more often than not they're subscribers

I think people should at least have the possibility to disguss what they think are easy 1000's and share it with others. If you may only read the existing quick 1000 list, you wouldn't need a forum and a simple faq section would suffice.

I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.

Also to add to Foxxy kyle's post, just because a game isn't tough doesn't mean it's going to be easy. After all game difficulties traditionally come in Easy, Normal and Hard. So games not on the tough list would be either easy or average in difficulty, which isn't much help when you just want something for a quick fix of points.

Edited by Arduous Wolf

I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.

Hahaha! Oh this made me laugh! I agree 100% :biglaugh

I hope you dont mind me using that in my signature, if you dont want me using it just post on my profile and Ill remove it

Edited by Foxxy kyle

Hahaha! Oh this made me laugh! I agree 100% :biglaugh

I hope you dont mind me using that in my signature, if you dont want me using it just post on my profile and Ill remove it

It's my honour ;) Glad I made you laugh btw :p And happy to see some people agree (:

In my opinion easy 1000 thread will be almost similar to quick 1000 thread even though there is a definite different between easy and quick. If you look at the titles that people have mentioned in this thread, 90+% of them are in the quick 1000. Maybe an idea is to make a list of games that take 25+ hours and weed out the games that require a lot of boosting, crazy amount of skill, etc?

Also to add to Foxxy kyle's post, just because a game isn't tough doesn't mean it's going to be easy. After all game difficulties traditionally come in Easy, Normal and Hard. So games not on the tough list would be either easy or average in difficulty, which isn't much help when you just want something for a quick fix of points.

Hehe, I define difficulty by asking myself if this game I'm playing will make me want to throw my controller at my TV. If yes, then it's hard, if no, then it's easy.

Anyways, what defines if a game is easy or not? I ask this because Agent Aero lists Too Human. To him (and myself) the game would be easy, but to others not familiar with the genre it's a hair puller to get no deaths on each level.

Right if this is going to be done then I think there needs to be a set criteria for the games that go on the list as, as DeadMen has mentioned whether a game is easy or not is rather subjective. With this in mind I suggest that games that go on the list meet the following criteria:

1) Achievements are mostly Story Based and Grind based

2) No easily miss-able achievements, for example side quest achievements are acceptable as long as the game doesn't have time limits on picking them up. So you can get them any time during play.

3) No skill based achievements requiring more skill then just getting headshots/specific body shots.

4) No multiplayer achievements that require the help of another person to complete. Achievements like sending gifts to other players is ok as are achievements that can be easily got in co-op with spare controllers.

5) For games with difficulty setting you must be able to get 100% completion on easy mode.

6) No luck based achievements

7) Games should not included sequences that induce rage quitting and/or controller throwing

What do others think of these rules? Can you suggest more or revisions of the above?

Edited by Arduous Wolf

Grind based. that sounds beh :p you could get lvl 100 on your own in GoW2... I wouldn't want that on the list though:P Maybe specify that one a little? Agree with the other things though. If there was a list for easy ones, there shouldnt be achievs on there that could frustrate you, as specified by point 2. Easy, for me, is more non-frustrating than anything.

I define difficulty by asking myself if this game I'm playing will make me want to throw my controller at my TV

Prety much this

These days, games themselfs are mostly very playable, even on insane and veteran and stuff. But that's down to experience. So maybe your point 5 isn't a bad one after all.

Maybe some more criteria should be made? Although I can't think of any. Then again, it's 2:30 AM.

EDIT: I see you just made a point 5 :p

I guess that's where the subjectivity of this whole thread comes to light.

My bad though. I'm just here to encourage the possibility to talk about this on the forums, not so much to actually talk about it. So forget my criteria :p

Edited by Atanatos

Hehe, I define difficulty by asking myself if this game I'm playing will make me want to throw my controller at my TV. If yes, then it's hard, if no, then it's easy.

Anyways, what defines if a game is easy or not? I ask this because Agent Aero lists Too Human. To him (and myself) the game would be easy, but to others not familiar with the genre it's a hair puller to get no deaths on each level.

Well if a game is easy for one person but might not be easy for another then it shouldn't be on the list. For instance, Halo 3, it has a lot of fans out there and a lot of people a really good at it and the game would be fairly easy for them achievement wise, but for somebody like me who only has a few hours clocked into the game I would find a lot of those achievements a little challenging. So if this is what you mean then that just wont go on the list. Skill based games shouldn't be on this list.

Edited by Foxxy kyle
Did some thinking, changing my comment haha

Yeah the matter is very subjective ;) I did a double take when I saw Too Human mentioned as although I haven't played it myself I have heard that there are luck based and multiplayer achievements that would cause me to rate the game at least Normal difficulty on the achievement side of things.

I'm kind of like you, in that I class a tough game by my urge to throw my controller down and fist pound my couch into submission, while hurling profanity at anyone unlucky enough to be in my general vicinity...ahem :p

But I class games that are a cakewalk easy, while games that present a challenge while not causing me a mental breakdown I class as normal difficulty. Obviously I'm just not as skilled as you :D

Edited by Arduous Wolf

I think I understand what you mean by rule #2. But it's a little vague right now. Upon further overthinking, I do agree with the requirements so far though.

You'll probably end up with games like TMNT, and on the other end LA noire and oblivion. And I would like such a list. You can breeze through them and are either quick or fun.

My only problem is probably going to be with games with a lot of collectibles. But those will rightfully pass the requirements. God, do some of 'em make my controller fly about. Just finished tomb raider underworld. I've got all but one of the achievements, but am too friggin mad with the game to get 8 more easy slow-mo headshots for the 1000 GS, haha. Stupid relics. Stupid switching from tv screen to pc monitor and back. brrrr.

Edited by Atanatos