Do I just suck or is this game unbalanced?

CASCADEYOUTH

Halo 4 has serious balance issues. This is the main problem. As I see (after 814 wargame matches) you can play the game two way. Use different weapons, try to match your equipment to your environment (like in previous Halos) and LOSE or equip the best loadout and WIN.

As someone posted before the DMR + Boltshot loadout owns ANYTHING in almost every situation. Basically picking up any weapon except shotguns or snipers (one shot weapons, one for short and long range) is POINTLESS and only will kill you. I don't even understand the logic behind the Boltshot. It removes the pressure game entirely (if you damage and force someone to run he'll just turn around and waits for you in the next corner) and beats the shotgun at the SAME range. Yeah if you use the Boltshot you only have one chance and you can't kill more than one opponent but who cares? It is a 90% sure kill if you turn around (so it's equal ponts from a loosing situation). AND if you magically survive (help arrives, lucky grenade / beat down etc) you made more points than the enemy who played better than you.

Same with armor options, unless you use Promethean vision or Jetpack (I saw 4 holograms used pretty effectively too) you will die.

Sorry this was more like a rant.

Pfft, lot of moaners in here, I went 20-4 last night on Longbow (scene of my PB 30-2). Game before that went 16-7, not bad but not amazing, I very rarely get a negative K/D and this is the first Halo game I've played a decent amount of MP

Halo 4 MP is feckin awseome!

That being said, I think if you don't run with the DMR you're putting yourself at a serious disadvantage.

Pfft, lot of moaners in here, I went 20-4 last night on Longbow (scene of my PB 30-2). Game before that went 16-7, not bad but not amazing, I very rarely get a negative K/D and this is the first Halo game I've played a decent amount of MP

Halo 4 MP is feckin awseome!

That being said, I think if you don't run with the DMR you're putting yourself at a serious disadvantage.

So wait, you're calling people in this thread (about the MP being unbalanced) moaners , yet admit yourself that a player is at a "serious disadvantage" if they don't start with a particular gun? The irony.

But I suppose you're speaking from experience; perhaps you went 16-7 and 20-4 by camping/ordinance whoring in BTB/Dominion with DMR as your starter -- perhaps against opponents who spawned with Storm Rifles or BR's. A hearty congratulations to you.

But I suppose you're speaking from experience; perhaps you went 16-7 and 20-4 by camping/ordinance whoring in BTB/Dominion with DMR as your starter -- perhaps against opponents who spawned with Storm Rifles or BR's. A hearty congratulations to you.

Not against you and I'm actually on your side in a general sense, but:

1. How exactly does one Ordinance whore?

2. If he spawns with DMR and they spawn with Storm Rifles and BR's, who's fault is it if he's beating them? They have equal opportunity to spawn with a DMR and know full-well their chances of winning with their weapons against a DMR user. On top of that, every weapon has it's time and place, so if they're using a Storm Rifle inappropriately in combat, it still remains entirely their own fault. Every weapon has the ability to kill when utilized correctly and in the right situation.

With that said, carry on :D

1. How exactly does one Ordinance whore?

This is predominant in Dominion, but happens every now and again in BTB Slayer (more often if people are rocking ordinance perks.)

While I haven't played the game in quite awhile, I can say that when I played with my usual roster a month or so ago, two or more players would regularly get 30+ kills with a greater than 3.0 K/D -- all they did was sit by their two bases and recycle ordinance between resupplied ordinances on top of their personal ordinances -- it got to the point where everyone on the other team weren't original to the game; everyone had quit and were being replaced with newcomers who were constantly getting sniped or railgun'd cross-map.

I can manage this rather safely by myself as well; it's almost effortless to get impressive medals by way of sniper rifling with camo and the ammo perk. Camping and ordinance whoring pretty much go hand in hand.

2. If he spawns with DMR and they spawn with Storm Rifles and BR's, who's fault is it if he's beating them? They have equal opportunity to spawn with a DMR and know full-well their chances of winning with their weapons against a DMR user. On top of that, every weapon has it's time and place, so if they're using a Storm Rifle inappropriately in combat, it still remains entirely their own fault. Every weapon has the ability to kill when utilized correctly and in the right situation.

The effective use of Storm Rifles (or any starting auto-weapon) is pretty niche; it's argued that DMR is the best all-around weapon; it's generally effective at close, medium, and long-range. Moving away from that though, I was moreso hitting the notion that he claimed that if you spawned with anything other than the DMR, you're at a serious disadvantage (especially on BTB maps). While I agree with that sentiment, I made him aware how his statement was ironic in that he was claiming people were complaining about balance issues when he basically highlighted himself that the game was imbalanced.

And I didn't mean to imply that he was better than them; he's not. He simply has a weapon that has a much further reach -- thus the potential for many more kills, especially if he's camping with decent sight-lines and/or ordinance. It's much more easier to clean up other people's kills with a precision weapon than with an assault rifle as well.

tl;dr DMR is the most versatile starting weapon, therefore the "easiest" to get kills with

This is predominant in Dominion, but happens every now and again in BTB Slayer (more often if people are rocking ordinance perks.)

While I haven't played the game in quite awhile, I can say that when I played with my usual roster a month or so ago, two or more players would regularly get 30+ kills with a greater than 3.0 K/D -- all they did was sit by their two bases and recycle ordinance between resupplied ordinances on top of their personal ordinances -- it got to the point where everyone on the other team weren't original to the game; everyone had quit and were being replaced with newcomers who were constantly getting sniped or railgun'd cross-map.

I can manage this rather safely by myself as well; it's almost effortless to get impressive medals by way of sniper rifling with camo and the ammo perk. Camping and ordinance whoring pretty much go hand in hand.

Ah. Ok. I thought it was some method of whoring ordinance in general. If it's just referring to Dominance, than meh. That's the name of the game really. Strategically you want to have players tha capture and players that defend just like a CTF and since the weapons are deploying there the smart thing to do is to use them. I'm generally offensive on Dominance matches, so I don't tend to run into to many problems with Ordinance Whoring myself.

The effective use of Storm Rifles (or any starting auto-weapon) is pretty niche; it's argued that DMR is the best all-around weapon; it's generally effective at close, medium, and long-range. Moving away from that though, I was moreso hitting the notion that he claimed that if you spawned with anything other than the DMR, you're at a serious disadvantage (especially on BTB maps). While I agree with that sentiment, I made him aware how his statement was ironic in that he was claiming people were complaining about balance issues when he basically highlighted himself that the game was imbalanced.
Definitely true. A precision weapon is certainly advantageous over an automatic 9 times out of 10. That said, it still remains that persons prerogative to spawn with those weapons instead of DMR or BR, so they obviously have some intention in mind when spawning with it, thus their fate is ultimately in their own hands. I generally find automatic weapons to be beneficial in defensive situations on CTF and King of the Hill matches myself and have 2 of my loadouts set to spawn with Assault Rifles and one with the Suppressor (One of the ARs also spawns with a BR since it's designed around versatility for objective gametypes.)

I was avoiding the part where you were telling him it was Ironic because I did agree with that portion. It's contradicting of his same post.

And I didn't mean to imply that he was better than them; he's not. He simply has a weapon that has a much further reach -- thus the potential for many more kills, especially if he's camping with decent sight-lines and/or ordinance. It's much more easier to clean up other people's kills with a precision weapon than with an assault rifle as well.
I was also not trying to make it seem like I was suggesting this either because, as you said, he's probably not better (or worse) than the other players. It's merely a situational thing based on who had the better weapons and who utilized their situation more effectively. I'm better than some people and worse than others, but regardless when I spawn with a weapon I intend to use it in a way that best increases my chances of winning. Large open maps an AR user is going to struggle whereas a smaller map an AR might just have the upper hand (It's a great corridor gun for levels like Abandoned and I rarely lose against DMR/BR in those situations.)

People keep saying DMR is the best go-to weapon for everything, but I honestly don't see it. I use both and my BR honestly has double the kills my DMR does. (It could just be me, but I wish they would add the Carbine and Light Rifle into SWAT.)

Edited by DarkReign2021