Left 4 Dead DLC Coming Soon

RuggersAssassin

Those of you playing Valve's brilliant Left 4 Dead might be a little tired of the game's four campaigns, but help is on the way! Valve will be releasing new content for both the PC and Xbox 360 and the announcement of what we'll be getting should be happening "shortly."

Valve has not discussed pricing, but it's a good assumption that it will be free for PC owners and cost Xbox 360 owners some hard-earned Microsoft Points. Microsoft requires DLC to cost money to offset the costs of bandwidth and hosting, but there's a chance that Valve could try and find a sponsor to pay for it, making it free to the user. This was done with the first Gears of War map pack.

Luckily, Valve is reportedly planning to release the content across both platforms simultaneously.

New scenarios will be a welcome addition and PC users will eventually get the software development kit, allowing them to make their own scenarios, complete with scripted events and more.

What is your favorite Left 4 Dead scenario? Do you like versus mode? I'm not the biggest fan.

Source

Updates added as of January 28, 2009. (The news below).

UPDATE ON VERSUS MAPS:

"Along with the "new stuff," the download will bring Versus support to the Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns, a move that will finally allow players to experience all four of the game's campaigns in the competitive mode."

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56541

Some people were doubting this on previous pages, so I decided to post this just to reassure them that there WILL be Dead Air and Death Toll versus maps.

Updates added as of Febuary 5, 2009. (The news below).

DLC Announced:

Left 4 Dead DLC Detailed - Hugely Uninspiring

Many of us were really anticipating the upcoming Left 4 Dead DLC announcement and we kind of wish we hadn't bothered now. It's a bit like waiting for Santa to come at Christmas for him only to bring you a lump of coal and give you a kick in the teeth. Thanks Santa!

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is set to touch down in the spring and include two new versus maps (oh gee whizz, I wonder which ones those will be) and a brand new "Survival Mode."

Not much else is said regarding the announcement, but I think it speaks for itself. No matter how addictive the Survival mode is, it will still take place in the same maps we'd have thought.

We don't know about anyone else, but we were kind of hoping for more maps because we've played the 4 to death now. Instead it looks like we'll be playing those 4 long in to 2009. I need to sit down.

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2188-Left-4-Dead-DLC-Detailed---Hugely-Uninspiring.html

Left 4 Dead DLC IS Free (Updates added as of Febuary 11, 2009)

L4D DLC: FREE ON 360 & PC

February 11, 2009 - The recently announced Left 4 Dead Downloadable Content (L4D DLC) will be delivered to Xbox 360 and PC gamers free of charge.

Due for release this spring, the DLC for 2008's best-selling new game property on the PC and Xbox 360, is dubbed the L4D Survival Pack and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode (Death Toll, Dead Air). A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

Left 4 Dead is a survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 25 industry awards from outlets around the world.

For more information, please visit http://www.l4d.com

Edited by RuggersAssassin

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am desperately awaiting DLC for this damn game! I love it...I already got my 1000 and still continue to play with friends through campaigns and versus with random people...its always a blast, it always seems like something different happens everytime....Game Of the year IMO....I hope we get new "movies" to play in versus, not Dead Air and Death Toll....Although I wont complain, I'll take anything DLC for this great game :drunk

I will definitly be picking this up, regardless of the cost, however new achievements would help offset the cost. Here's hoping they port the DotD Mall for 360 and add atleast one more campaign. New weapons wouldn't thrill me that much, maybe a new pistol with lower ammo but more damage... the 15 round 1911's are a little lame after awhile... or maybe make them have the correct magazine size and add berretta 92's with the 15 round mags and a little less damage... just a thought.

Can't wait for this! New movies would be awesome, but I don't care what they do really lol. This game is loads of fun.

No matter what the cost I'll be pickin it up :)

Agreed. This is the best game I have played in awhile. I got Gears of War 2 thinking I would be playing that all year. Though, I ended up playing Left 4 Dead... No matter what they add I will still keep playing it and having fun. The game was amazing itself the DLC won't disappoint me even if its not that great.

I don't know what kind of maps they will be but you have to understand that "Valve Time" is different than "Regular Time". Soon could be as far off as april. They said that the TF2 console updates were coming "soon", and they announced that in august. It is now december and no updates.

And Valve has also shown nothing but disdain for 360 online users. I'm still waiting for those TF2 updates.

But yeah. I've got a feeling they'll find a way to put off releasing anything for L4D on the 360 till as long as humanly possible.

Word is that blood till and dead air should be released for VS. mode soon. Lets cross our fingers that at least this will happen!

I would have to say that new weapons would be a bad Idea. There is currently a real simple tier 1 and tier 2 system in place. if they start releasing new weapons it would brake the balance.... having said that I wouldn't mind if they release a baseball bat or something like that... only cause it seems weird that I cant pick up a piece of metal or something when low on ammo. I admit even this would mess up the balance of the game.