Best Kinect game for losing weight/working out?

iheardUrip1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most kinect games are a workout for me. But Jillian Michaels was the game that kicked my ass the most.

I have to agree! I use the Dance Central Games, the My Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (warning...the calorie counter is not very accurate) and the Kinect Adventures. If you are needing to count the calories you burn, I would suggest getting your own device as many of the in-game counters are not accurate.

I do have to say, the Biggest Looser game does live up to the name. Getting yelled at when you slow or stop cracks me up!

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon that you would probably get in better shape if you were to go to the gym or purchase some equipment for your home, that's just my opinion anyway.

My buddy pays around 25 bucks a month for the gym, I bought two xbox games and some dumbells and im actually in better shape than him after a year of us doing them

Dance central 1 and 2 worked wonders for me I have kinect since launch and have only three kinect games kinect adeventutes and d.c 1 and 2

I lost around 25 kg in 18 months and used to play these games regularly for at least 1 hour without following any diet!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kinect + loosing weight= good luck.

Then again I've never touched a Kinect so what do I know. What I do know is real results only come from both exercise and eating clean. How you get your exercise is your own deal regardless if its with a Kinect, going to a gym, doing home video work outs with Gillian etc.

Either way if your truly wanting to loose weight you need to set a goal, get a plan and then execute. Another way I like to say it: A goal without a plan is just a wish :)

Nike+Trainer looks like it'll be good. I like the fact that Nike+ keeps track of your activity through their own site. On the demo, I had some problems with the tracking. But I think that once I actually play it at my house, it could help out a bit.

I used Nike+ for about a month and it just crapped out on me. Doing research I found that it wasn't just me, alot of people have issues with Nike+ software compatibility. Nike+ works just fine on my iPod but when I go to sync up my activities to the Nike+ website it errors out on me. I tried a couple different things to fix it but nothing worked. Eventually I just gave up, I'm not a computer wiz so what do I know??? I contact tech support and they basically just blew me off and said it was my computer.

I just got my first smart phone the other week, ya I know welcome to the 21st century. Anyways, I think there are much better apps out there to use I just haven't had the time to research the subject further. If you find something that works feel free to share :)

Edited by JAW LV

I've only used the Nike+ app on my iPhone. It's pretty consistent, I believe but I'm not keeping manual track of the miles I run either. Nike is really making a push to get people tuned into this program. If you've got a couple hundred dollars to blow, you can get sensors in your shoes. I'm not going to go that far.

i would honestly suggest just doing some of the dancing games. you're staying active. the workout specific games don't always track right, and it really is hit or miss. really just causes more frustration than anything most of the time. at least with dancing games, you're still getting a decent workout, having a little bit of fun, and even if it does mess up tracking, you just replay the song and move on with your day.

yes

dancing game can be good for fitness

dancing game like dance central 1,2

What I do know is real results only come from both exercise and eating clean.

A goal without a plan is just a wish :)

That´s the unquestionable truth! I totally agree with you!

:Bounce: or :woop: a lot and eating "fast food" allday basis doesn´t get you anywhere...LOL

UFC personal trainer was a good game, I think I may have lost a couple pounds, definitely helped my cardio, was fun too! Only problem was I got discouraged because while doing workouts my kinect would no longer be able to recognize me. (I guess it's because I was only like 8 feet away from the kinect, and apparently I have to be like 14..)

The game is great, If I move out soon, I'm going to make sure the house I move into has a room big enough to support kinect, I think it has lots of potential... :)