New to Boarderlands

scheezy

hey guys, i was just wondering if there was anything i should know going in, because i really know nothing about this game except for that the sequel looks badass. i just picked it up and am about to put it in, so any tips or anything at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

GT: scheezy, if anyone wants to play!

also, i may come back to this thread and ask questions.

look at all the characters & decide which is best for your playstyle. i perfer lilith & brick. think of brick as the hulk & you get the idea. lilith is under rated but awesome! she is my personal fav. phasewalking can heal & do some serious damage! do your 1st playthrough alone. lots of jerks online with spoilkers too. online is fun with a group you can trust. decrease money penalty asap. dont stay with conventional builds. much more fun doing it your own way. you can also reset your points too. i dont think you can make a bad build with anyone. so have fun :)

first thing u should know is, it's Borderlands...not Boarderlands. & yes, i'm a spelling Nazi. u see the name of the game way too much to not know exactly how to spell it.

second thing is probably the fact that there's tons of threads u can browse that pretty much answer any question u could possibly have on the game.

first thing u should know is, it's Borderlands...not Boarderlands. & yes, i'm a spelling Nazi. u see the name of the game way too much to not know exactly how to spell it.

second thing is probably the fact that there's tons of threads u can browse that pretty much answer any question u could possibly have on the game.

lol, there's way too much irony in this post to respond to it.

to everyone else; thanks guys! i'll definitely be willing to play some co-op sometime soon. i bought the GOTY edition as well, however i only have the basic xbox slim and when i try and put the DLC disc in it says that i need a hard drive, which is BS in my opinion.

lol, there's way too much irony in this post to respond to it.

to everyone else; thanks guys! i'll definitely be willing to play some co-op sometime soon. i bought the GOTY edition as well, however i only have the basic xbox slim and when i try and put the DLC disc in it says that i need a hard drive, which is BS in my opinion.

You could get a cheap external hdd and plug it in, they're pretty affordable these days

Edited by TheSilentAssassin
Spelling

My only advice would be to figure out which character class you want to play as and dive right in. No need to go around the web finding out this or that about the game. Experiencing the game in your own way without any prior knowledge of anything is one of the main things I loved about my first playthrough. You're in for one hell of a ride, my friend. Welcome to the Borderlands Nation!!

My only advice would be to figure out which character class you want to play as and dive right in. No need to go around the web finding out this or that about the game. Experiencing the game in your own way without any prior knowledge of anything is one of the main things I loved about my first playthrough. You're in for one hell of a ride, my friend. Welcome to the Borderlands Nation!!

this is the truths of truths right here. thats why i did my siren my way. listen to this advice here. otherwise you'll ruin your experience.

• 2 weeks later...
The fact you call yourself a spelling nazi and you can't even spell "You" correctly...

this^ & poor gramer. see the game to much. should be "say" not "see". i use the wii & could care less. but i agree, if you're gonna b!tch about spelling & such. this person doesnt make any sense. he/she needs to go back to learn english at school. lmao just to much wrong with their post. should be answering the question. lmao :)

this^ & poor gramer. see the game to much. should be "say" not "see". i use the wii & could care less. but i agree, if you're gonna b!tch about spelling & such. this person doesnt make any sense. he/she needs to go back to learn english at school. lmao just to much wrong with their post. should be answering the question. lmao :)

grammar, English, AND doesn't

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/5-0l-talk/150165d1330435498-i-know-bolt-ons-made-difference-double-facepalm.jpg

Edited by Amazon Odie

I'm new to the game too, what do you mean by "modded stuff" that might mess up your game?

I have seen people mention modded weapons and shields but I thought you did that in game like for the class mod achievement "There are some who call me...Tim".

I'm new to the game too, what do you mean by "modded stuff" that might mess up your game?

I have seen people mention modded weapons and shields but I thought you did that in game like for the class mod achievement "There are some who call me...Tim".

Modded guns are guns people created that kill things in 1 hit.

Modded shields are shields that never go down because they are so powerful.

They don't mess up your game,They just make it less fun. But its your own choice whether you want to play with them or not. And they are an absolute godsend when it comes to Underdome Riot

Example:

Stock Machine Gun

Damage:396665 x5

Accuracy: 60.5

Fire Rate 5.6

Clip: 12

Rose Omega

Capacity: 246674

Recharge Delay: 9

Edited by Time Lord

What does the rose omega do?

I was lucky enough to have someone dupe me a shield and stock machine gun. My question is im having a friend come over play splitscreen on my box, if there a way I can dupe the weapons for him also?

Its Just a modded shield nothing Special about it otherwise.

Heres how to dupe in splitscreen:Click Here.