Road Map to 1000

bs000

Overview

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

-Offline: 39 (855http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Online: 8 (145http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 15-25 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: None

-Glitched achievements: None

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Introduction

Welcome to DiRT 2. Get ready to get dirty! Because there is dirt in the game. Because the game is called DiRT 2. If you've ever played a racing game, DiRT 2's 47 achievements shouldn't give you much trouble at all. You only need to play through the game once, along with some quality time on XBOX Live. Any achievements that you happen to miss along the way can still be done by replaying an event.

Difficulty does not affect achievements, so set it to easy, and you'll be able to tear through every race without much effort or challenge. You may wish to increase the difficulty to casual or even serious, because it'll still be a walk in the park, plus you'll earn a little extra cash to buy more cars.

Note that you will occasionally get a notification that you've beaten a 'mission' and get some XP for it. Missions can be ignored because they have nothing to do with the achievements.

Step 1: DiRT Tour

The meat of the game is in the DiRT Tour. This is where you'll be spending most of your time, and where you'll earn most of your achievements. Your main goal here is to place first in every event. By having only this goal in mind, you will unlock 20 unmissable achievements, worth 570http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg, along the way. The following achievements are the ones you will earn, and the ones you can stop worrying about right now:

Dedication

Nailed an Event

You're The Best, Around!

Friends For Life

Aren't You Popular!

Best Friends Forever!

Rookie Coming Through!

Pro

All-Star

Getting A Reputation

As Good As It Gets

Jet Setter

World Tour Winner

X Games Champ!

In His Footsteps

X Games Europe Champ

X Games Asia Champ

X Games America Champ

Showboating

For Colin

There are a total of 100 events in the tour (91 regular events, 5 World Tour's, 3 X-Games, and the Colin McRae Challenge). Throwdown's don't count as events, so as soon as you've unlocked all achievements related to throwdowns, you can ignore the rest of them. I was able to reach level 30, and complete all career related achievements aside from the Dedication achievement after 40 events. Should be similar for you depending on which events you do first (rookie, pro, or all-star). Which means you should get ready to grind through the majority of the events.

One very important note here. Make sure you ALWAYS come in 1st place in every race. The reason for this is that there's an achievement for coming 1st on every track. Most pro/all-star events have more than 1 race, so you can win the event without coming 1st on every race. But if you do that, you could miss a track for the You're The Best Around achievement. If that happens, it's very hard to tell which race you've missed. It's similar to missing 1 collectible in a game like Crackdown, and not knowing where it might be. You have an option to restart race if you don't come first. If it's already too late for you, Bullseye281 has a very nice thread that'll help you out HERE.

I also recommend going for The Full Set achievement during the DiRT Tour. This achievement is for driving every vehicle in the game. To make this easy - Instead of just using your favorite cars throughout the entire tour, go to "my rides" and buy a new car (if you can afford it) every time you start an event. The ones you haven't bought yet will be greyed out. Buy and drive one of these for that event. Do this for every car and it'll be easy to keep track. Colored/purchased=driven, grey/not purchased=not driven. You should have more than enough money to have all the cars before you've completed the tour.

You should also be paying attention to throwdowns as you progress. There are 6 achievements related to throwdowns worth 90http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg. You'll occasionally be challenged to a throwdown by a superstar. It's just a one-on-one race with a superstar. Do these as soon as they appear. It seems pretty random when and who will appear. Once you've won 12 throwdowns, you should have unlocked all the throwdown achievements. If you haven't been challenged by a particular star yet, just keep winning events and they should eventually appear.

Don't worry about your level either. By the time you've completed all 100 events, you'll be level 60-70, when the achievements only require you to reach level 30. Just forget XP even exists.

Step 2: Miscellaneous Achievements

There are 13 achievements worth 175http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg for doing specific goals during races, or in the tour. Take a look at the list below, and view the achievement description for each one. You should be able to figure out what to do on your own. If you're not sure, or you're having trouble, refer to the achievement guide. Keep these in mind while doing the DiRT Tour, and try to get as many as you can there, so that you don't have to do them after you've completed the tour. Easy difficulty is your best friend here.

Big Bucks!

Gut It Out!

Head Over Wheels

Gnarly!

Keep It Clean!

Terminated!

Dominated!

On The Bubble

Gate Crashed!

Tourney

I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost!

Dialled In

Two Cups One Girl

Just Drive!

Step 3: Multiplayer

There are 6 achievements worth 115http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg to be earned in the multiplayer portion of the game. The first thing you want to do online is the With Great Honor achievement, which is to achieve a cautious impact rating. Your impact rating is the colored icon next to your name. It should be yellow if you're going online for the first time. You want this icon to turn green by doing clean races. You want to do this first because if you just dive right into multiplayer, you'll likely earn a red impact rating, and you'll have to spend more time working your way back up to yellow, before getting to green. Find someone in the achievement trading thread HERE, to help you out in a Jam Session.

Most of the other online achievements require you to play in Pro Tour. You can't make a private match here. You can invite friends to your party, and then you are thrown into a random room with other people, so these will be hard to boost. Just do your best and earn XP until you've hit online level 30. You should be able to get all the online achievements along the way because it takes a little time to reach online level 30.

For the Mix It Up achievement, you need to play in each discipline on Xbox Live at least once. There are only 7/8 disciplines available in the Pro Tour. Play Totality while going for level 30 and you should have 7/8 long before you reach level 30. The last discipline is Gatecrasher, which can only be played in Jam Session. Make or join a gatecrasher game, and then complete it.

Conclusion

Well, that was fun wasn't it? Play a couple of sessions a day, and you'll have 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg in no time. If you're missing any achievements at this point, refer to the achievement guide or the forums for help.

Edited by bs000

You get to drive the majority of the cars in the game in Online mode saving you cash and it means you only have to buy a handful of vehicles in single player. This is also a great incentive to play online, just pick a new car every new race you enter as they are all fairly similar performance wise.

Also, it's extremely beneficial to do all of the world tour events as soon as they become available as they reward you with the best cars in each class. This also applies to the mcrae special event as it rewards you with the best rally car.

This then makes all future events a complete breeze and also helps you if you need to finish up any online races.

I'm also pretty sure that each event has a holographic number stamped on it which tells you your highest finish so you can tell quite easily if you haven't wont it yet.

Your main goal online is to win. If you're constantly changing cars, instead of using the ones that you are the best/most comfortable with, it's just going to make it harder for you. It's harder to keep track online as well. You'll have to check which ones you haven't driven in your stats between races. And the discipline/car class is pretty random online, so you won't always be able to pick a car you haven't driven yet.

And what would you be saving your cash for? The only thing to buy is cars, plus the required upgrades for some events. And like I said, you have more than enough money to do this. I have 4 mil leftover with all cars purchased after completing all 100 events doing a mix of easy, casual, and serious difficulty.

The reward cars aren't necessarily the best. I had no problems winning any races with any car I used. Especially when the difficulty was set low. I only found 2-3 of them useful. And even then I wouldn't have said that they were extremely beneficial for me.

If you aren't good enough to do well in this game online, do you still get xp for your online levels when you lose?

I ask this because there are some truly hardcore people out there, and if you get nothing for being last place (think Forza 2's online credits, dead last is dead nothing, and if you can't win, you won't get anywhere forever) then that adds a LOT of stress to the game.

If you aren't good enough to do well in this game online, do you still get xp for your online levels when you lose?

I ask this because there are some truly hardcore people out there, and if you get nothing for being last place (think Forza 2's online credits, dead last is dead nothing, and if you can't win, you won't get anywhere forever) then that adds a LOT of stress to the game.

Don't worry, you get FP regardless of the place you finish in, as long as you don't retire. You even get points even if you DNF.

Granted, the higher your finishing position, the more points you get, but I've seen that it's also depending on the amount of people you raced against, the more people, the more points given.

Your main goal online is to win. If you're constantly changing cars, instead of using the ones that you are the best/most comfortable with, it's just going to make it harder for you. It's harder to keep track online as well. You'll have to check which ones you haven't driven in your stats between races. And the discipline/car class is pretty random online, so you won't always be able to pick a car you haven't driven yet.

And what would you be saving your cash for? The only thing to buy is cars, plus the required upgrades for some events. And like I said, you have more than enough money to do this. I have 4 mil leftover with all cars purchased after completing all 100 events doing a mix of easy, casual, and serious difficulty.

The reward cars aren't necessarily the best. I had no problems winning any races with any car I used. Especially when the difficulty was set low. I only found 2-3 of them useful. And even then I wouldn't have said that they were extremely beneficial for me.

No need to check stats, the last car you drove is always the one that's highlighted, just start on the right hand side of the cars and work your way left choosing a new car. No point wasting time in dirt tour dealing with buying cars and having to race them when you can do it at the same time as lvling up online.

The reward cars are the best. Dallenbach, mcrae 95 subaru, toyota stadium truck, pajero raid truck and the rallycross RS200. You'll absolutely blitz the entire remainder of the dirt tour with these cars very quickly.

...since you are matched with players of close/similar XP level, so you should "randomly" even win some events. You will not meet the most hardcore drivers often when you tumble about on levels 1-15. Granted, XP-level is not the same as skill level, but still...

BTW Is disappoints me that absolutely none of the achievements are tied to winning on Insane difficulty ... every one is about how much time you've spent, basically.

I just ranted in the other thread about that author calling this game a 4.5 out of 10 in achievement difficulty and you rated it a 5?? Name three achievements that are remotely skill based (if you're playing on casual, which you can do to get all of the achievements.)

Win 5 races, win a race against 7 people and get to level 30.

Those are not easy as such.

But yeah the main game and every other achvt is so easy its ridiculous, just takes a little time is all.

Oh and from even when I was level 1 I was matched against people up at rank 115 right from the word go, so I dont agree that yoou are matched based on skill, every room I joined had at least 1 Jedi in it when I was going foor my 5 wins.

Fair enough I was if you read it agreeing with you, anyway, I dont care that its easy, you seem really annoyed by it all.

Its an easy 1k and a decent game to play, I just hate all the buddy's and americanisation of it all, but the gameplay is solid, i played on serious for more of a challnge and even that was easy.

Anyway I am only level 8, so I'll let you know, 15, 30 and mix it up and 4 tourneys are all I have left to do.

Have 4 tourneys tomorrow when new one starts and 15 by tomorrow as well hopefully.

Just need help getting a gatecrasher race as no one plays it

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

For anyone looking to play this game, for the love of god, ignore the hours outlined in the roadmap. I don't know if the creator comes from another dimension where the hours are longer or what, but I have done everything in the game in the most efficient way (won every race first go etc, boosted online) and I am way over 15-25 hours. I would go as far to say it is literally impossible to complete in 15 hours, 25 hours probably too. On Steam, my hour count is currently at 45 and I still need to grind out 7 more levels online!

So, to sum up, I thought I was in for a cruisy 15-25 hours, but in reality it is more like a 50 hour slog.