Your Favorite Lines from a Videogame

LickableLemons7

There's plenty of great dialogue in videogames, some make you laugh, some make you cry, some make you feel inspired, some make you want to chew on toothpicks all day.

I'm bored. New thread.

Here's some of my favorites:

The Secret of Monkey Island (1990)

Guybrush: At least I’ve learnt something from all of this.

Elaine: What’s that?

Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.

Elaine: A what?

Guybrush: I don't know. I have no idea why I said that.

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991)

Guybrush: I'm on a whole new adventure.

Bart: Growing a mustache?

Guybrush: No. Bigger than that.

Bart: A beard?!?

Metal Gear Solid (1998)

Meryl: So, there's something you like?

Solid Snake: Yeah, you've got a great butt!

Meryl: Oh, I see! First it's my eyes, now it's my butt! What's next?

Solid Snake: On the battlefield, you never think about what's next.

BioShock (2007)

Andrew Ryan: I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lollipop Chainsaw

Juliet:"Wow, zombies suck dick at driving!"

Juliet: "You're like a kitten, Nick. A kitten that doesn't speak Japanese."

Juliet: "You should do some cheers, Nick."

Nick: "Rah rah rah, it sucks being a head. Rah rah rah, fuck everything. How was that?"

I know it has plenty of detractors, but this game is one of my favorites of this console generation. It's hilarious, the gameplay is fun and varied, and Juliet is a fantastic character. I want a sequel.

I got three

Max Payne 3

Wilson DaSilva: [after Max shot down the private jet] "Wait, Max. No! Stop, Max, we have what we need on him now. Let him enjoy the trial and spell him in prison. Let him suffer! Trust me."

Victor Branco: "You know I'll walk."

Max Payne: "You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!"

Victor Branco: [screams in pain when Max stomps Victor on his broken leg]

Banjo Tooie

BANJO: "Hey, Kazooie, there doesn't appear to be anyone in here..."

KAZOOIE: "Oh, yes there is. The music's changed. Every time that happens, we always end up in a fight..."

KLUNGO: [falls in from above] "Yarrrrrr! Klungo mussst defend Missstresss Grunty cassstle!"

Fallout New Vegas

Joshua Graham: "I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me. I fell down into that dark chasm, but the flame burned on and on."

Edited by BiggD

Off the top of my head.

Far Cry 3 -Bliztkrieg!!! - SamBecker

Bioshock - A man chooses, a slave obeys. - Andrew Ryan

Mass Effect 2 - Forgive the insurbordination, but this old friend has an order for you. Go out there and give them hell. You were born to do this. - Garrus Vakarian

It's from the cinematic trailer for the "The Wrath of the Lich King" from World of Warcraft. I guess that counts (maybe). It's pretty epic if you listen to it.

My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas. My child, I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness.

Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength. And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power.

But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall be King. - Terenas Menthil II

Edited by DJConnelly

Max Payne 2

"I had a dream of my wife. She was dead, but it was all right."

Halo 3

Cortana: "If we don't make it..."

Master Chief: "We'll make it."

Metal Gear Solid

"Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?"

"Women have more hiding places."

Silent Hill 2

"In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill."

"I am.... If you want me to be."

Mass Effect 2/3

The Illusive Man: "Shepard" -> just the way he talks is fucking incredible

Bioshock Infinite

"If you don't shoot first, You don't get to shoot at all" Booker Dewitt

Assassin's Creed

"What is the truth?" "We place faith in ourselves.We see the world for what it truly is, and hope that one day all of mankind would see the same. " "What is the world?" "The world is an illusion, one to which we can submit, as most do, or transcend." "What does it mean to transcend?" "To recognize that nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not through divinity but through fate. I realize now that our Creed demands us not to be free, but to be wise." -Al mualim

Halo 3

'I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you; your past, your future. This is the way the world ends. Cortana

Mass Effect 2

That means Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space.

What game is that quote from?

Borderlands 2 if I'm thinking of the same game as him.

Halo 3

Cortana: "If we don't make it..."

Master Chief: "We'll make it."

Halo Combat Evolved's...

Cortana: Sure you wouldn't rather take a seat?

Master Chief: We'll be fine.

Is the most badass thing John has said in the original trilogy, in my opinion. Only because it's ironic everyone strapped in died. Oh, Chief ;)

One of my favorites is from Bioshock: "No Gods or Kings. Only Man." I have that as a tattoo on my left underarm :)

Nice, that's pretty badass! Any other BioShock fans call you out in public for that quote?

Halo Combat Evolved's...

Cortana: Sure you wouldn't rather take a seat?

Master Chief: We'll be fine.

Is the most badass thing John has said in the original trilogy, in my opinion. Only because it's ironic everyone strapped in died. Oh, Chief ;)

My personal favorite thing Chief's ever said/done was 4:26 in this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fUwIYBzns]Halo 2 Cutscene (HD): "Inside Job" (#22) - YouTube[/ame]

"It's not a lake....it's an ocean." - Alan Wake

Only line in any video game that's stuck with me.

I plan on starting up Alan Wake around Halloween. Pretty pumped.

Blood Dragon

Dr. Elizabeth Darling: Rex, I saw what you did in my scope. That was incredible!

Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt: No doc. Paintings of crying clowns and dogs playing poker... those are incredible. What I did? That's just the job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2wglYEu0o]Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - All of Rex's Best/Cheesiest Quotes - YouTube[/ame]

The whole game is the best video game quote ever.

Friends to eternity, loyalty and honesty. We'll stay together through thick and thin.

Edited by Shiftie

My personal favorite thing Chief's ever said/done was 4:26 in this video

/snip

"Boo!" Lol, funny stuff, I had completely forgot that one. He was such a great "one-liner" guy in the early games!

Blood Dragon

Dr. Elizabeth Darling: Rex, I saw what you did in my scope. That was incredible!

Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt: No doc. Paintings of crying clowns and dogs playing poker... those are incredible. What I did? That's just the job.

The whole game is the best video game quote ever.

Rofl, I remember this one :biglaugh

Another favorite of mine in this game...

Rex: "What's with the needle, Doc?"

Darling: "Listen, this will make you more like Sloan. Powerful but without the side effects."

Rex: "No, Doc. No way. I swore an oath to special lady."

Darling: "Your....wife?"

Rex: No. Lady Liberty. She taught me that winners don't use drugs."

Edited by BiggD

Deathspank: Should I put the holes in the bag or the orphans?

Witch: No need for introductions Deathspank, I know who you are.

Deathspank: If you know me so well, what's my favourite color?

Witch: Plaid.

Deathspank: Lots of people like Plaid, lets try something a bit harder. What number am I thinking of?

Witch: Plaid.

Deathspank: Okay... that is just eerie.

There's so many great quotes from the Deathspank games.

You could pretty much put every line of dialogue from Far Cry: Blood Dragon down for me. But the one that I really liked was, "Send in the medic so I can kill him too." The first time I heard that I felt like a legitimate eighties bad ass.

One of my favorites is from Bioshock: "No Gods or Kings. Only Man." I have that as a tattoo on my left underarm :)

I'd like to see a picture of your tattoo. I've always wanted a tattoo but I'm too indecisive to follow through on it and the places I want them are probably not the best places for them, forearms and wrist. I would seriously consider the chain tattoo on the wrist from the original Bioshock and the other one I kind of want is the Undertow Vigor, although a lot of the Vigor icons would make great tattoos.

Undertow:

http://i.imgur.com/rPzfXnX.jpg

Chains:

http://fandomania.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bioshock06.jpg

Edited by WalterWhite

Nice, that's pretty badass! Any other BioShock fans call you out in public for that quote?

That's not happened to me so far ^^

I'd like to see a picture of your tattoo. I've always wanted a tattoo but I'm too indecisive to follow through on it and the places I want them are probably not the best places for them, forearms and wrist. I would seriously consider the chain tattoo on the wrist from the original Bioshock and the other one I kind of want is the Undertow Vigor, although a lot of the Vigor icons would make great tattoos.

http://gfxuploader.com/images/zkskozq2145lo1j7b4.jpg