Are the signature weapons neccesarily the best?

00darkfox00

Oh, and would a Z93 take out the Heavies in one shot if it's suppressed?

A silenced Z93 can one-shot a Heavy if you hit him in the head. I think it takes two or three to the body to kill him (which is the reason I also carried the AMR). Can an M-700 one-shot a heavy in the head? I haven't tried it and all I know is that it has considerably lower damage.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A silenced Z93 can one-shot a Heavy if you hit him in the head. I think it takes two or three to the body to kill him (which is the reason I also carried the AMR). Can an M-700 one-shot a heavy in the head? I haven't tried it and all I know is that it has considerably lower damage.

Thanks for the quick response, man. And I honestly have no clue as I have yet to try. I'm about to clear an Outpost on the the second island so I think there will be a Heavy there. I'll test it out and let you know.

EDIT: Look like the M-700 needs 2 to 3 headshots for the Heavies. If anyone else can confirm/deny this let me know. And also, the SPAS-12 is 39390x better than The Bull. Semi-Auto is fantastic.

Edited by BiggD

I am now on the 2nd island and have unlocked some of the new guns.

I was wondering what guns i should be using.

Right now i have the silenced M700 sniper for taking out people silently in the outposts, trying to get more exp by doing them undetected.

Then i have "The Bull" for the dmg.

The AMR for taking out heavies with no problem, chest, head whatever.

Last slot i was using the AK47 just because ammo wasnt a prob because all the pirates used it. Now i switched to the ASSLT rifle that the private guys use.

Are there any more powerful guns i should use instead of the BULL and a better asslt rifle?

Right now i have the silenced M700 sniper for taking out people silently in the outposts, trying to get more exp by doing them undetected.

Last slot i was using the AK47 just because ammo wasnt a prob because all the pirates used it. Now i switched to the ASSLT rifle that the private guys use.

Are there any more powerful guns i should use instead of the BULL and a better asslt rifle?

I really liked the Bushmaster AR. Don't worry about ammo though. Assault rifle ammo is assault rifle ammo. It's not sererate like AK47 ammo, Bushmaster ammo etc. It's all the same.

Use whatever works for you. A couple people here and those I know love the bow. But, I didn't like it at all so I got the achievement and never used it again. All personal preference.

Like Wildmn said, ammo is not specific for each weapon. Assault rifle ammo is assault rifle ammo (ex. running over an AK47 will refill the P416 and vice versa. This will work for any weapons that are in the same category). Once you have the privateer uniform get all of the radio towers as you will not get attacked while travelling between them. You will unlock the Bushmaster, a very good silenced AR.

SPAS-12 is better than the Bull. Shredder (Signature SMG Vector) is better than any Assault Rifle.

You can one shot heavies with any weapon if you shoot them in the back of the head.

I do it with the Shadow all the time.

That is only on the first island. On the second island the heavies' helmets cover their entire head. Although I haven't used it, I think you would need more than the Shadow to one-shot a heavy on the second island.

Or were you using the Shadow on the second island?

Thanks for the quick response, man. And I honestly have no clue as I have yet to try. I'm about to clear an Outpost on the the second island so I think there will be a Heavy there. I'll test it out and let you know.

EDIT: Look like the M-700 needs 2 to 3 headshots for the Heavies. If anyone else can confirm/deny this let me know. And also, the SPAS-12 is 39390x better than The Bull. Semi-Auto is fantastic.

I can confirm. :cool:

using the suppressed M-700 to kill a Heavy = 2-3 headshots needed at-best, even at fairly close range.

And the required number of headshots-to-kill seems very inconsistent. Every once in a great while 2 shots will work, but more often than not it'll take 3,4, or maybe even 5. (and no, I'm not counting misses)

Now just to qualify: I'm not great with the CQ gunplay, but my best skill is probably long-distance sniping (and stealth). I've really enjoyed using the suppressed M-700 so far (with the high-power scope), but it really hits the wall when it comes to those damn Heavies. I've tried headshots multiple times/ways and those damn Heavies are definitely the M-700's Achilles-heal.

Also, @ Skillet: I've never tried your CQ-single-headshot from behind approach, but what I described above includes multiple long-distance shots with the suppressed M-700 directly to the back of the head (1st-island Heavies), but it never worked for a single-shot kill.

My guess is that by getting as close as possible to the back of the Heavy, the power of your single shot (any weapon) is greatly increased allowing for a single-headshot kill.

Cheers :drunk

I can confirm. :cool:

using the suppressed M-700 to kill a Heavy = 2-3 headshots needed at-best, even at fairly close range.

And the required number of headshots-to-kill seems very inconsistent. Every once in a great while 2 shots will work, but more often than not it'll take 3,4, or maybe even 5. (and no, I'm not counting misses)

Now just to qualify: I'm not great with the CQ gunplay, but my best skill is probably long-distance sniping (and stealth). I've really enjoyed using the suppressed M-700 so far (with the high-power scope), but it really hits the wall when it comes to those damn Heavies. I've tried headshots multiple times/ways and those damn Heavies are definitely the M-700's Achilles-heal.

Also, @ Skillet: I've never tried your CQ-single-headshot from behind approach, but what I described above includes multiple long-distance shots with the suppressed M-700 directly to the back of the head (1st-island Heavies), but it never worked for a single-shot kill.

My guess is that by getting as close as possible to the back of the Heavy, the power of your single shot (any weapon) is greatly increased allowing for a single-headshot kill.

Depending on the heavy you can in fact one shot a heavy with any sniper rifle. You just have to find the back of the head spot where the helmet or mask doesn't protect them. Its often a pretty small area and you have to be relatively close just to see it with a enhanced zoom.

Depending on the heavy you can in fact one shot a heavy with any sniper rifle. You just have to find the back of the head spot where the helmet or mask doesn't protect them. Its often a pretty small area and you have to be relatively close just to see it with a enhanced zoom.

Okay, that makes sense. I've only done these Heavy headshots from a good distance away, zoomed in using the high-powered scope. So even though I was aiming at the back of the Heavy's head, I was so far away that his head was still pretty small.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the new suppressed Z93 I just unlocked. From what I'm reading, it's a suppressed one-shot kill, even for the Heavies... sweet!:woop:

Unfortunately I couldn't buy it... I had just spent all my money on the 2nd Island Maps before I noticed that it was available... dohhh! Oh well, more radio towers here I come.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the new suppressed Z93 I just unlocked. From what I'm reading, it's a suppressed one-shot kill, even for the Heavies... sweet!:woop:

The silenced Z93 can only one-shot a heavy if you hit him in the head. It's not that hard to get a headshot, but I always carried around an AMR in case I didn't have the time to line one up.

The silenced Z93 can only one-shot a heavy if you hit him in the head. It's not that hard to get a headshot, but I always carried around an AMR in case I didn't have the time to line one up.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up on that, Bro.

I like the AMR, even as ridiculously overpowered as it is (and loud), but I just can't bring myself to carry 2 sniper rifles. I tried, but I really prefer the suppressed option to remain unseen / stealth. It is fun though, watching guys fly through the air with a single shot. :eek:

The Shredder (SMG - Suppressed Vector .45 ACP) has become my absolute favorite go-to weapon. I never leave a weapons locker without it. There's almost no recoil, incredibly accurate, solid stopping power, and it even has surprising range. A quick trigger pull gives you 3-5 shots in a very tight group... perfect for getting headshots even under duress. And it does it all with minimal noise.

Next on my "gotta-have" list is the Recurve Bow. Completely silent, you can recover your arrows, and you can carry 10 explosive arrows (much better option than a launcher).

Then I almost always carry the M-700 with the suppressor and high-power scope. But it will likely be replaced soon by the suppressed Z93. Can't wait!

Then that 4th spot varies between the Bull, the Flamethrower, the Ripper, and the Shadow... and sometimes the Repair Tool when I'm feeling like tearing around the Island in a Technical/Jeep (I'm kind of a bad driver). :drunk

Edited by Splinter4

The Shredder (SMG - Suppressed Vector .45 ACP) has become my absolute favorite go-to weapon. I never leave a weapons locker without it. There's almost no recoil, incredibly accurate, solid stopping power, and it even has surprising range. A quick trigger pull gives you 3-5 shots in a very tight group... perfect for getting headshots even under duress. And it does it all with minimal noise.

Shredder FTW. Never left my inventory. It's such a good weapon. That and the SPAS-12.

Shadow, Shredder, Bushmaster, Silenced Z93.

By the time they were all unlocked, that was my default loadout for the game. Until I unlocked the Bushmaster I carried an RPG or the Bow, depending on what I was doing.

The Shadow was an emergency backup - hardly got used once I got the Shredder. Some of the more armoured guys on the 2nd island take a little longer to drop with the Shredder, and that's when the Bushmaster became my default. The Z93 was used to clear outposts pretty much exclusively - unless something went wrong, or I got excited and switched to a closer range weapon :)

• 3 weeks later...

I preferred the stealth option. I spent the whole game with:

1) F1 with Silencer and Reflex Sight

2) M700 with Silencer and Sniper Scope

3) RPG

4) Flamethrower

The only changes I made were:

1) As soon as I could afford the Z93, I got that with the same attachments to replace the M700.

2) Right at the end where I purchased the Bushmaster to replace the F1.

SPOILER Being the last mission, I rightly guessed that there would be more bad guys than usual...so full auto was called for :p

The F1 is a brilliant weapon, highly accurate and if I recall correctly, the only AR (along with bushmaster) that has a silencer.

On the first island, the M700 and the F1 were brilliant for taking over the outposts silently, leaving any heavies to be dispatched with the RPG / C4. It even worked well onto the second island until I got the Z93, which made it even easier.

I dont think I ever used any shotgun, SMG, pistol or LMG, other than hunting missions where you are forced to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the problem with the signature guns is they all use the stupid optical sight which has a bright blue reticle which makes it impossible to SEE the targets who arent standing infront of a bright background(aka every scenario other than outside, during the day and not in the shade) to make them stick out cause it takes up the entire scope, especially in a battle with multiple targets moving around and behind cover so the "snap on/auto aim" doesnt help since you still have to make minor adjustments...with a big friggen reticle in teh way.

i think the fact you can unlock them alot sooner than the actual best weapons so looking at it from that perspective yes the Shredder is great when the only other choice is AR's that cant be suppressed or SMGs with a fraction of damage but later in the game....

that being said the actual in game attribute sliders dont properly display the damage cause there are SMG and AR and LMG varients that show similar stats as the Shredder and Ripper but they dont kill Heavies like the Sigs can

obviously if you like the huge blue reticule and dont find yourself wasting ammo then stick with the sigs eitherway

but the other 3 arent the best

Shadow is a waste of time cause you can use the silenced SMG or AR of your choice close or medium range, or just melee them.

as for Sniper, theres no silencer on the Sig so thats out of the question, buy the M700 as soon as possible then when you reach the 2nd island, assuming you've picked it up already during the proper missions you can buy the Z93 which is the Sig variant but with a silencer and .50 cal and kills Heavies with 1 shot

for the shotty, the SPAS-12 fires faster with the same specs and again reticule of your choice but you're better off using the LMG and Nade launcher for your loud scenarios and keep the Shredder and Z93 Silenced for your stealth

Edited by eiVaL