Demo Thoughts?

Did you enjoy the demo?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the demo?

• Yes
    • No

i loved the demo, but im gonna wait till its like 40-50 dollars b4 i buy it, or rent it, but i love the tomb raider legend cinematic involvements, they keep u sharp, looking forward to this, but having this game come out ont he same day as ninja gaiden 2....

its a hard choice. but NG2 takes it, im going wait this 1 out

Meh. it just seems like a lot of cut scenes where you have to press a button and if you fail you have to do it over. The fighting was kind of cool but i found the gun and cover mechanics is kind of clumsy.

I think I'll be renting it for sure. Definitely not gonna buy it though. The first level was a lot of fun, second was decent, the driving part though, not so great. Felt like just about no skill at all was involved in the driving, though this might change if you bump up the difficulty, I don't really know. The shooting is playable, but also not very good. I mainly just really enjoyed the first level where you're trying to escape and it's all cinematic, which is something that I liked a lot. My only big complaint is that if you do something wrong and end up having to reload a checkpoint, you have to go through a kind of lengthy loading screen just to get to a point that was like 5 seconds in the past.

I loved the demo, pretty sure I'm going to buy this game. I do have to say though I can already see it's going to be a bit frustrating with how tough some enemies are going to be, especially on the higher difficulties. That Marine Officer was kicking the crap out of me on Assassin, I had to stop playing cause I was getting pissed.

to tell u the truth... i wasnt to happy with the demo.... i love the movies and was pumped when the demo was on xbox live.... but after i played i was shocked..... it looked nothing like Damon and it felt like i was playing a fighting game and the controls were horrible..... just my opinion....

thanks

That's because it's not based on any of the movies, it's based on the books.

Not my kind of game.

It forces you to rush through the levels, there's too many cutscenes that disorient you, the fighting consists of button mashing only and bosses take far too many hits, even the gunfights are terrible. I'd want some sort of lock-on or at least a magnetic auto aim thing for a fast paced game like this.

Plus, why would I punch someone when I could put my gun to their forehead?

I enjoyed this demo; I thought it really caught the essence of the books and films both. One of the things I loved about the films was the realistic hand-to-hand combat scenes and the heavy THUD that came with each hit, and this is something the game has really captured.

Now if only they could have found a way to put this type of fighting system into GTA:IV...

I think that if they fix the shooting in the game along with the cover system then it will make it a lot better. I think overall the cover system is not bad, too many of us have been playing GTA as that has a truly great cover system in my opinion. But I will probably buy this game when it lowers to a cheaper price as I think that it has some potential.

Don't get me wrong, I love the films, but the game just feels wrong. For starters, you do absolutely nothing, 90% of the game is tapping buttons in the right order to watch your character peform fighting attacks, I'm not playing Guitar Hero am I? Secondly, when you are actually fighting, it's just constant button mashing of X and Y. It also makes no sense that you choose to fight somebody hand to hand when your carrying guns with you. Lastly, the cars drive like... well marshmellows, you can accelerate at full-speed and just move the left stick and turn corners perfectly. Definately not one I'll buy, maybe a rental if I'm really bored one day.

Ok, I cruised through it on medium, had a minor hiccup with the marine sergeant, but I took him down second time round.

The boss on the plane however, I can't. I'm beating the crap out of him until the fourth takedown I perform, then he pulls a knife. Ok, where the logic here, an agent who's body is a weapon in its own right beats up on this guy for 2-3 minutes, then he pulls a knife and it becomes impossible to get an attack in at all?

I tried at least 19 times and I got the same result, knife comes out and he blocks any attacks I make.

Oh, and how do you do roundhouse kicks? I can only pull them off 20% of the time.

Edited by Shdowknight