Cool Runnings Achievement/Beat The Bobsleigh

eddywatson

Hello

I am trying to beat the Bobsleigh in the winter X games and get the Achievement. And its impossible! Ive been trying for 3hours straight and my best time is 57.040 LOL! wounded!

I can ace the starting section on the run down to the bridge and the last section. But the middle section kills me. So much sliding and loosing time

Who ever though up of this Achievement needs a punch in the face!

(sorry for my rant)

Thank you

Just keep trying, I had even more trouble getting it but in the end even I made it. I tried it over a hundred times if not more. If I remember correctly you should be getting out of the hairpin by around 40 seconds, first gate after hairpin 44 secs and last hard right corner by 49/50 secs. I had the gearratio set to shortest, but to be honest I have no idea if it does anything or is a help. At least I didn't notice a significant change in my times. I have seen others doing the same and also increasing the downforce.

Here is two guides to that achievement.

Here is my guide (I use text):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLkE8MHVYeI]YouTube - ‪DiRT 3 Cool Running Achievement Guide‬‏[/ame]

Here is a guide that uses speech. Makas Guide:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfxkTodADM]YouTube - ‪Dirt 3 - Cool Running Achievement Guide - Bobsleigh Challenge Platinum‬‏[/ame]

Hope one of these helps you.

Here is two guides to that achievement.

Here is my guide (I use text):

YouTube - ‪DiRT 3 Cool Running Achievement Guide‬‏

Hope one of these helps you.

dude you just fly around corners its insane!!! i can never go that fast. your car looks like its glued to the track too! mine is all over the place. 3hrs and still no Chevo, this sucks!

its okay ive done a 57.040 lol

Does changing the setup actually do anything in terms of helping you?

Well, using the default setup I was getting 58+ all the time. After I changed it (shows in the guide) it took me two more attempts to beat the challenge. Could just be a coincidence though lol.

Well, using the default setup I was getting 58+ all the time. After I changed it (shows in the guide) it took me two more attempts to beat the challenge. Could just be a coincidence though lol.

Same with me, i was trying literally 1hour an the closest i get was about 0.700 close to the platinum. Then i changed the car setup to more grip and lower car and faster changing the gear for more power after the turns. I immediately felt that the car isn't breaking out anymore and i had a better speed. After a few more goes i got it with 56.680

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH this achievement is killing me...... Oh the joys of being an achievement whore lol

[Edit] : Completely changed my setup and smashed it 56.573 wooooooo

If it helps my setup was

Gear ratio :- As far left as poss

Downforce :- As far left as poss

Suspension :- As far right as poss

Ride height :- As far left as poss

Differential :- As far right as poss

Brake Bias :- As far right as poss

Edited by tugboatman

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH this achievement is killing me...... Oh the joys of being an achievement whore lol

If it helps my setup was

Nice one dude. I think changing the set up is a great idea to get this one.

My set up was:

Gear Ratio: Short [] [#] [] [] [] Long

Downforce: High [] [#] [] [] [] Low

Suspension: Stiff [] [] [#] [] [] Soft

Ride Height: Low [#] [] [] [] [] High

Differential: Strong [] [] [#] [] [] Loose

Brakes Bias: Rear [] [#] [] [] [] Front

Did this achievement last night with the car set up as standard i was getting very late 57 + seconds and loads of 58+ seconds, after making the Gear ratio 1 to the left, and lowering it i did a 0.56.763

This achievement did take me so time tho, about a hour and a good 50 runs or so! You need to be at the hairpin for about 39/40 seconds and going through the next gate at about 44 seconds and then just make sure not to mess the last 2 corners up!

This achievement did take me so time tho, about a hour and a good 50 runs or so! You need to be at the hairpin for about 39/40 seconds and going through the next gate at about 44 seconds and then just make sure not to mess the last 2 corners up!

Yeah agree with this, I had no problem getting to the hairpin for <40 seconds and was often easily ahead of the youtube videos, I was just somehow losing time on the very last part, gotta get that last corner right so there's as little wheel spinnage as possible!

• 2 months later...

If it helps my setup was

After trying this achievement for weeks, your setup help me finally finish the achievement/100% the game.

I love you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yesterday my achievement popped. For me it was quite hard.

When i did a good run i always ended with a time about 57:3xx.

A few times i did a 57.054. Several times the exactly same time :D

Yesterday i finally got a 56.970 :uzi:

Really not any spare time in this one...

BTW: I used the setup from dragon strife 1 . Tugboatmans setup did set me back about half a second.

Now only the gymkhana shit is left. I´m not able to do a donut or spin in a limited space, so the gymkhana sprint ones are going to really frustrate me :mad:

• 1 month later...