200k Firefight Solo

Senxiar

I'm trying to draw from memory here, as it has been a while.

Mostly it's just best to camp out in enclosed spaces near your original starting point and pick the enemies off one by one. Try to keep cover over your head.

Windward: try staying in the central hall as it provides excellent cover. you can also surprise the covenant on the landing pads sometimes, cause some serious damage and then retreat.

Rally Point: One way is camping in the underground room, however you can get surprised there by people barging in. My favourite way was simply running along the top path from where you can snipe most enemies as they come towards the stairs.

Lost Platoon: Just stay near the main building, camp your warthog in front of the stairs, with the back pointing up so you can use the machine gun if need be.

Last Exit: Keep moving on the walls surrounding the courtyard. concentrate fire first on flyers or snipers, if need be, retreat towards the central room or the high sniper spot.

Crater: my favourite one, just stay near your starting point and rain death down on your enemies as they are dropped in. do mind the stairs though, as they can attack you in both flanks.

Chasm Ten: can't remember the first thing about this one, i think i just winged it completely without any form of strategy.

I hope this helps in any way, even if the tips are somewhat vague. Mostly its just about keeping safe and taking it slow, rather than rushing out.

Gl

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotten most of them by myself, just play on easy and use the gravity hammer. Take anywhere from 1-2 hours. The only one you will have trouble in is Lost Platoon since the map is huge and you will take large damage from being out in the open.

The only one I've managed to do solo was Lost Platoon, and it seemed rather easy to me: almost used the way that people suggest a team should do it: Splazer for Wraiths and stole a Chopper as soon as I could, but until I got the chopper I camped on the Warthog gun back a bit from where it spawns, backing it up a bit avoids plasma 'nades and everything seems to line up at the entrance to the alcove, even the buggers; while on the chopper, duck into where the warthog spawns when the Phantoms come and go up the stairs to shoot wraiths with splazer. Kill stuff for a few hours until achievement pops! :D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm attempting these 200k Firefight achievements solo, as my unreliable hours don't really help me get a team.

Does anyone have any tactics for each specific map? I've already done them on Alpha Site and Security Zone, so i've got the last 6 to do.

well those two are the only ones i need now!!! lol now that i know its possible, im prolly gonna go for it tonight (ill EDIT post and see how it goes)

the others were pretty easy with 3 or 4 people, im assuming i should be able to make it. the only problem i will have is camping the spawn spots :p

*i only tried to solo one time, and i ended up camping to get a killionaire each drop off, and of course getting (cowbell 3X explosion) plasma naded off the screen lol*

EDIT: umm ya, tried alpha site on normal difficaulty. got to 180,000 and then lost the last life to a hammer fuck. grrrrrr

Edited by niko da bos
tried it

I did Windward by myself on easy yesterday. It was pretty easy, but took 3 hours and 13 minutes to do it. Just thow and avoid grenades often, keep moving around and rack up double, triple kills. I racked up big points by meleeing with hammer 10 times for huge bonus, shoot something and then doing it again.

Ok, here is the methid I used.

Play normally until Hammer-Cheiftain comes. Kill him.

Take his hammer. Melee people with it(DONT USE ITS CHARGE).

If you really need to use the hammer charge to clear enemies around you.

Whenever you get a Dreamcrusher medal(10kills in a row with the hammer) get 1 kill with any other weapon. repeat getting a Dreamcrusher and getting a kill with another weapon.

At wave 5 use whatever is left of the hammer's charge to get another hammer then continue getting as many dreamcrusher medals as possible.

I like to have a Hammer and Fuel rod becuase the fuel rod is a 5 hit kill on hunters and the ammo is plentiful.

The difficulty is set on easy. It should take you 1 and a half hours every game to get 200k.

I did most of mine offline. It was unfortunate that there was no matchmaking for firefight 1.0

General recommendations (some are mentioned above)

I did it on easy. Takes around an hour and you usually finish around the 4th set or just after. Try to throw a grenade as grunts/jackals jump off the phantom. Camp the drop site for the phantoms after you've completed a round (and hence killed a hammer brute) with the hammer. Easy killtacular, etc.

Vehicles usually don't count so on maps like Lost Platoon don't worry about killing em (they'll drop another one eventually anyway.)

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just the other day I got over 250k on Chasm Ten on normal. All you have to do is for the first rounds use the sniper constantly getting sniper sprees. Also a lot of people do not seem no know this but on the top, where you should stay the whole time, near the doors where covenant come out there are little ammo cases laying on the ground which can refill your sniper. When it comes to the Hammer Brutes what you should always do is drop whatever you have and get a plasma pistol and a weapon that can pull of a headshot. Plasma overcharge the brute the keep shooting at its head with the headshot weapon. Unless you hit the body too many times its helmet should fly off and boom headshot. Also remember to kill the engineers.

The sniper is especially handy in the black eye rounds.

• 1 month later...

i did crater on easy the other day... well over 2 hours of boringness, never again am i going to play that map.

i really dont have the patience to get 200k on 5 other maps. maybe i should try playing on normal or with a friend. but none of my friends want to play ODST. i dont blame em. lol

Don't have specific strategies for each map, but as someone who can do 200K to 400K on Heroic solo on all the maps on command, I do have this to say:

1. If you can, play on Heroic. It'll go faster due to higher multipliers and it offers enough of a challenge that it can actually be fun. Legendary is overboard and you'll just chase frustration. Bump it down to normal if it's too hard, but don't go all the way to easy unless you're completely shitty because it'll take an obscenely long time.

2. The first two waves of every round, chase spree bonuses. Grab the sniper rifle first and get Sniper Spree and then Sharpshooter as many times as you can before you run out of ammo. If there's a shotgun on the map, grab that next and get as many Shotgun Sprees and Open Seasons as you can. If there is a gravity hammer left over from Brute Chieftains from the end of the previous round, keep it in your inventory and use it to get Hammer Spree and Dreamcrusher AFTER doing sniper spree/sharpshooter on the first round. You get about 4000 to 5000 points for each spree bonus, so this racks up points VERY quickly.

3. Watch for groups of grunts and rack up successive headshot kills as fast as you can on them. Groups of 3 or more are best.

4. Handle Brutes by plasma overcharging them and then rapidly headshotting them with the Automag or Cov Carbine for a point bonus, or use the needler on them. Don't waste your bullets.

5. Save your SMG ammo for the waves with tons of bugs, or tons of jackals. The SMG is at its best against bugs and jackals.

6. Be careful with your lives. Your goal is to die an absolute minimum of times, or not at all preferably on the first two rounds of each set. That way you can expend lives to get through the Black Eye round without having to be frustratingly cautious.

7. Save the Rocket Launcher for incase you get attacked by Hunters on a wave, or if you don't, save it for the last wave.

8. If a Spartan Laser is available, save it to kill Wraiths for easy 5000 point bonuses.

9. If you don't have rockets to deal with the last wave of the round, the next best way to kill the Brute Chieftains with the gravity hammers is to plasma overcharge them to remove their shields, and then shoot their helmets as fast as you can with the Automag or Carbine. After 5-8 headshots their helmet will pop off and you can headshot them, and you don't have to deal with their 10 seconds of invincibility at half health.

10. Keep a gravity hammer handy if possible on the Black Eye round and use it to heal yourself. When you've sustained a lot of damage and your health is starting to be affected, hang back and hide just around the corner from a doorway and let a grunt or jackal come to you, then whack him.

11. Enemies (excepting the Brute Chieftains who will always chase you down) won't always go into certain safe areas of the map, typically located in the back of the spawn areas, allowing you to retreat and recover as necessary in relative safety. Learn where these spots are and use/abuse this to your advantage.

Play on Heroic and follow those pointers and you'll reliably hit 200K during the first round of Set 2 on each game.

• 2 weeks later...