what are your thoughts on multiplayer

freedomgeass

what do you think bout having multiplayer  

109 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think bout having multiplayer

• yes it's a good idea
    • don't care
    • no it's a bad idea

I personalty be-leave that Dragon age is not a multiplayer style of game.

If they do somehow input multiplayer into this game and do give it online and give it online based Achievements i how they have the brains to follow in there own footsteps with Mass Effect 3 and give the Achievements a single player means of completion as well as the online method

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when they force multiplayer into games that don't need it. So I think it will suck even worse than Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. If it's there, so be it. Hopefully Bioware are smart enough to learn from their own screw ups and not make it mandatory for completion/endings. I really don't understand why it's so hard for EA to comprehend that people play RPGs for a single player, story-driven experience. Most of us don't give a flying fuck about playing with other people. I say EA and not Bioware since it's their fault. They have gone on record of saying that they are going to put multiplayer into all of the games they publish. Why are they doing that? You might ask.

It's very simple. They invented the Online Pass. They want to put this thing into every game in existence. They want to do that so that they can screw consumers out of an extra $10 later. It's a non-issue for me since I buy all of my games new anyway. But I hate when bullshit like this takes resources away from the focus of the game. Instead of wasting thousands of dollars making tacked on multiplayer that almost no one wants, they should put that money to use on making the story, characters, environments, and gameplay as amazing as possible.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

I hate when they force multiplayer into games that don't need it. So I think it will suck even worse than Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. If it's there, so be it. Hopefully Bioware are smart enough to learn from their own screw ups and not make it mandatory for completion/endings. I really don't understand why it's so hard for EA to comprehend that people play RPGs for a single player, story-driven experience. Most of us don't give a flying fuck about playing with other people. I say EA and not Bioware since it's their fault. They have gone on record of saying that they are going to put multiplayer into all of the games they publish. Why are they doing that? You might ask.

It's very simple. They invented the Online Pass. They want to put this thing into every game in existence. They want to do that so that they can screw consumers out of an extra $10 later. It's a non-issue for me since I buy all of my games new anyway. But I hate when bullshit like this takes resources away from the focus of the game. Instead of wasting thousands of dollars making tacked on multiplayer that almost no one wants, they should put that money to use on making the story, characters, environments, and gameplay as amazing as possible.

Couldn't have put it better myself, totally agree with you on this. very frustrating.

• 1 month later...

I would be very intrigued to see how coop would work in a game like this. Admittedly, balancing would be difficult to a point, but I think there could be a chance of success if integrated into the game. But itf it releases without it, then that's fine too as imo Dragon Age always gave a satisfying SP experience.

• 1 month later...

Dragon Age Origins is my favourite game of all time and I agree that the Dragon age series is fine how it is...Bringing 100% effort to the single player games and making a awesome RPG

however change is not always bad...

I think dragon age 3 could benefit from co-op only multiplayer...

very similar to mass effect 3?

up to 4 players work together to beat waves of enemies?

rank up your character from various races and unlock hundreds of armor/weapons?

But leave the story single player

what do you guys think?

ps

sorry this post was rushed and I hadn't had time to spruce it up:Bounce:

I'm not interested in MP in RPGs. Give me a polished, story-driven single player experience instead, and spare me the drivel that 'adding MP doesn't take away from the SP'.

Pretty much exactly how I feel as well. If they do add multiplayer to Dragon Age 3, I will still play it, but I'd prefer they didn't.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I want a Dragon Age Multiplayer i'd go sign up for an MMO. No I don't want MP in a single player game. For those that cry "oh innovation"/"Artisitic integrity" no its not that; its a cheap gimmick created for the purpose of establishing online passes.

If a development company wanted to sell multiplayer through the IP they'd do what Bethesda is doing, make a damn MMO and sell the game purely for multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...
its a cheap gimmick created for the purpose of establishing online passes.

Except EA got rid of online passes. I thought everyone knew that.

And I have no issue with it, as long as they don't make it mandatory to play online to reach certain endings, like in ME3. Other than that, I loved the online in ME3, which gives me comfort that BioWare wouldn't add multiplayer to a game if they couldn't make it work.

BioWare did well with implementing a multiplayer co-op feature that did not negatively impact the single player experience in Mass Effect 3. I'm pretty sure you didn't even have to play it in order to reach the "best" ending.

If BioWare insists on doing the same, or something similar for Dragon Age 3 I trust that they won't screw it up.

BioWare did well with implementing a multiplayer co-op feature that did not negatively impact the single player experience in Mass Effect 3. I'm pretty sure you didn't even have to play it in order to reach the "best" ending.

If BioWare insists on doing the same, or something similar for Dragon Age 3 I trust that they won't screw it up.

You no longer have to play MP in Mass Effect 3 to get the best possible ending. That wasn't true at launch. It was impossible to get the best outcome without raising your galactic readiness.

Single player elistist everywhere! Ugh...

I'm definitely interested in seeing some type of MP in the series.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a story driven, single player RPG to remain single player only. It certainly doesn't make us elitists. We just don't want the time and resources that would be focused on putting multiplayer in to be spent that way just so EA can add an extra bullet point to the back of the box. We'd prefer that Bioware focus their energy and money on making the single player better.

And honestly every game doesn't need MP. There should be games that cater to single player experiences. Just like there should be PvP and co-op centered experiences. I (and many others) believe that Dragon Age is a series that falls into the first category.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a story driven, single player RPG to remain single player only. It certainly doesn't make us elitists. We just don't want the time and resources that would be focused on putting multiplayer in to be spent that way just so EA can add an extra bullet point to the back of the box. We'd prefer that Bioware focus their energy and money on making the single player better.

And honestly every game doesn't need MP. There should be games that cater to single player experiences. Just like there should be PvP and co-op centered experiences. I (and many others) believe that Dragon Age is a series that falls into the first category.

Not every game has mp...and just because a game does, doesn't mean you story loving SP only guys HAVE to play it just because it's there. Ignore the mp if that's not your thing.