What Could Improve this game?

zerolimitz12

Better graphics, actual character creation, more powers, different variety of enemies...a lot of things could be better!

Silicon Knights seem to love making having you kill the same things over and over again in waves. Oh well ;) I just think if they are gonna get a license for something like X men, they should have put way more into it

The thing that stands out most to me is Character customization. I know that had a very specific story to tell, but if that is the case, an Animated series would have done the job, and probably much better.

Longer game, better combos, tougher and more varied enemies (there was what 4 types of normal "soldiers" and 4-5 "other", skippable cutscenes, deeper "choice" options, co-op... Pretty much everything they did in this game needed to be done better. When you compare superhero games, look at Arkham Asylum, perhaps the greatest in history, then we get something like this for X-Men. Its like a bitchslap to the face of fans.

More X-men heroes and villians. More powers, I was actually hoping that I could 'inherit' the powers of different characters, maybe using the U-men extraction to allow me to create a multipowered superhero. Also a much more expanded world. Waaaaay to linear, wouldn't have minded the idea of using hub areas depending on the side you were fighting for and then going into areas from there to do missions.

Hmm, so yeah, basically something more like X-men Legends, but with a more impressive story and use of the universe. Instead I feel like it's Transformers Dark of the Moon. Wham, bam, where's my check?

I agree Co-op would've been nice, but the biggest flaw I really noticed is the Silicon Knights didn't learn anything from Too Human. Bad camera, lame character customization, couldn't target an enemy worth anything. I've lost a lot of faith in Silicon Knights because of all this.

pretty much everything. bland graphics, stupid character models, boring combat. it feels like they knew if they just slapped the name xmen on it that this bs would sell. If this were any other game it wouldn't have sold well at all. I'm only at 200/1000g and having a hard time forcing my way through it. :uzi: X-Men Destiny

there are hardly any redeeming factors at all in this. just rented it for as many achievements as i can get but dont think ill be getting all. i seem to have boned myself over in getting the one for beating on the highest difficulty but well see.

IMO even worse than the dull-at-best gameplay is the unskippable cutscenes. what is so damn hard for developers to figure out that gamers want the option to skip a cutscene we've see 5 times?! ill watch it the first time but after that, especially in a game that requires grinding, just take me to the action already!!

Edited by shinobigarth

• 3 months later...

Let's not forget the awful dialogue and voice acting that makes the infomercial-caliber actors in Two Worlds II sound like the Royal Shakespeare Society. Yet another reason they should really let us skip cutscenes.

I'm also not a fan of the lack of in-game explanation for the leveling system. I mean I've played enough rpgs and pseudo rpgs to figure it out, but the gf played it first and she couldn't figure it out at all. Not a great feature for a game that seems to have dumbed down the franchise and the rpg format to appeal to a wider audience. And considering they need an on-screen tooltip to explain how to jump, you'd think emma would send you some psychic instructions on how to bump up your skills.