Audio Log ANNOUNCEMENT

AOS Puck

I don't need this, but it's definitely a valuable piece of information for anybody still hunting for them.

Something I don't get though is the 'loading up Mombasa Streets' part. It's never worked right for me. Everytime I do that it takes me to the very beginning of the game where I first drop out of my pod, than it forces me to redo the training area, meet Virgil, and play the first mission with Buck. Only way I can quickly jump into the Streets is to replay a mission like the Safari Level and beating it quickly to get back to the Rookie.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've read the first post over and over again, but just to be sure...

I'm currently playing this COOP with my girlfriend, we've finnished the game, so now we changed to Easy, and started getting all the Audio Logs. It resetted them all, no biggie though.

We're currently at around 20 now, but as I understood the first post:

All the 29 WILL BE DELETED if I go back to "replay mission". Am I right?

So in short: If you've finnished the game (like we have), gotten all 29 on Mombasa Streets, we just can't get the Achievement now just because we finnished the game?

I've got to do it all alone?

Edited by IzzyXbox360

This might clear up some things for a few people:

By 'loading up Mombasa Streets' he/she means that you have to actually load Mombasa Streets and not Prepare to Drop.

If you don't have Mombasa Streets it means that you haven't completed all of the levels yet.

The 30th one (in Data Hive) is in a room that the Cop goes into instead of following the main corridor.

It's somewhere in there: I haven't gotten to it yet. But be careful: he'll turn hostile when you find it, saying, "Sorry friend... You know too much..."

I'm not sure if you can do this on Legendary, as the Cop dies as you go down the second Data Stack from Buggers. And plus, I haven't been able to go that far. A guy in a video oddly did it on Heroic, possibly confirming my thought.

If you're on Co-Op, you need to get them all in one game. So you can't Save and Quit and then go straight to Data Hive. You need to trigger the last Flashback (Kikowani Station), complete it, and then head for the last one in Data Hive.

I just got the All Ears and Audiophile Achievements. I also did the Naughty Naughty Achievement as well, as I thought it would be more beneficial to kill the Engineers I come across.

Edited by MissingNo.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to start a brand new campaign with two separate people where we do all the missions and pick the audiologs up as we go. We've even marked them by crossing the ones out as we go. Now lies the problem. I remember 2 of them that aren't there during co-op that I specifically remember picking up when I played solo. It's in the area where you're first given the opportunity to pick them up. If using the map provided from the first post, #16 and 22. All the others are there when we do a co-op campaign starting with the very first level, but #16 and 22 aren't there. Does anyone know if this is a glitch? He stands next to them and can't see them either.

Also, I've got 28 out of the 30 with 29 being my missing audiolog. 30 is in Hive, so I'm only missing 1.

Edited by JackBauer24

Well, I figured out what is happening. All the audio logs aren't available to click on them from the very first mission. The ones that people say that they are missing (as in my case) appear once you get to a certain level. I've got 7 left now and the two that weren't there before are now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I just load Mombassa Streets and get all the audio files or do I also have to go get the objectives which show the cinematics and change characters? It seemed like I was unable to get to certain sections without picking up the objectives but wanted to ask here about it.

Can I just load Mombassa Streets and get all the audio files or do I also have to go get the objectives which show the cinematics and change characters? It seemed like I was unable to get to certain sections without picking up the objectives but wanted to ask here about it.

If you've completed the game you can just load up Mombassa Streets and have free roam of the city (without having to do any objectives/ missions)

Hope this helps?

Comben

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Despite hours of ponderous running pack and forth I got fed up as I was still missing five audio logs. I already finished the game on solo legendary so placed difficulty to easy for convenience. However, as mentioned I have had checked all the locations numerous times, I decided to make one of the missions. After finishing it (I cant even remember which one), remaining audio log locations unlocked and I was able to get them. This might help for those jammed in similar situation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hopefully this will prevent people from constantly making the audio log topics.

Solo: You can get logs at any time. If you have beat the game, just load up Mombassa Streets and find the rest of your logs until you have 29/30. At this point, save & quit. Back in the lobby, load up Data Hive and get your final log. You will notice that when you try to load Data Hive, it will tell you that it is deleting your progress except for your VISR Comm Logs (audio logs), so don't worry about your logs.

Is this also true with the engineers?

I restarted my game for 2 reasons... 1 to find these (I lost track of how many I received already and also how many engineers I killed) and 1 to finish the game in heroic. (will do legendary another time). I just wished there was a walkthrough that showed where these were as you progressed through the game.

• 3 weeks later...