Worst racing ai ever!

flyinace87

The AI in this game are just plan god. Sega really took the lazy ass way into programming this one. Every AI car takes the perfect lines and always brakes and gas perfectly. Never do they under steer or over steer. Downloaded it, played it for 3 days and then deleted it. Its not worthy of my memory

• 1 month later...
The AI in this game are just plan god. Sega really took the lazy ass way into programming this one. Every AI car takes the perfect lines and always brakes and gas perfectly. Never do they under steer or over steer. Downloaded it, played it for 3 days and then deleted it. Its not worthy of my memory

Wow... total quitter, huh?! I just finished my last four achievements in the game, today. I would not say I am an experienced racer, but I do okay. I would have finished three of them back in November (2011), but I didn't know what was required until I checked this forum (actually, the "achievement list" on this site had better info on unlocking the final two cars than the forum).

Seriously... if you're having that much trouble with the racing... start with the quick races and the classic races. You only have to do one track at a time, instead of one after another in the championship mode (which might make you feel inadequate, if you don't come even close to finishing in 1st place in the Alpine race)!

I actually won 5 races against the AI on Lakeside with each of the required cars for unlocking the Icelandic race car (I lost, using the Citroen... though I know I could beat him if I wanted to do it again, but I don't have anything to prove to myself - I simply messed-up on a turn, something I didn't do with the other cars)!

BTW... the AI drivers are NOT perfect! In fact, I've seem them do pretty lame turns and go into sharp turns like they were driving a Suzuki Samurai (the infamous roll-over jeeps)... afraid to go too fast.

You can't play this game and expect to master it and unlock all the achievements in a couple hours. Give it enough time to learn the points where you need to turn BEFORE going into a turn, and learn to use the manual transmission (MT). I almost never brake, and usually just downshift going into tight turns or when I've done a hard drift, that my speed/RPM drops down to where I need more torque.

I just wish more of my friends got this game. I only have one friend who has it, and it took a couple of months to get him to put down Skyrim for a few hours! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got it last night as it's on 50% off.

I played it for about an hour, and unlocked 4 achievements. My first attempt at championship, I finished second. I was streets behind the 1st placed car. Way, way behind.

Similarly, it took me four attempts to win a quick race (while bumping all cars). I would get into 2nd place within the first lap, and could never catch up the first placed car even with two full laps to chase it. Only when I did a perfect run on a quick race (that's 3 laps without hitting anything, and luckily making every turn without losing ground or getting my ass knocked onto a cliff), I was able to finally overtake that SOB close to the last checkpoint, which I barely held the lead to the end and popped the achievement. And this was on casual.

It leads me to believe that this game requires you to be perfect in every turn you take to get all the achievements. Which is impossible for me, because the only thing I know is RT, and maybe A a little at times. :D

PS: Winning classic matches are easy though. That's a plus. 60G and I think that's the most I'd get for this game.

I just picked the game up today and grabbed 6 Achievements. I finished 2nd on my first attempt in Championship mode, and easily got in 1st my second try. I got smoked on the Lakeside track, but my third Championship playthrough I managed to win.

The game really isn't so hard. I'm not an ace at racing games by any means, but if you just set it to Casual and use Manual Transmission, you should do fine. I basically switch all the way up to 6th gear within the first ten seconds, then ignore the speedometer.

If you want a REALLY tough game, try Daytona USA. It's short, so it doesn't take to long to complete, but that last track's a real pain...

By the way, since the online in this is pretty much dead, I'd very much like to find a boosting partner for this. If anyone's interested, send me a friend request and message letting me know you wanna boost this. My Gamertag's Brianzilla2004.

I can help you boost. My first achievement is win 5 online games... with a friend, since we both bought it because of the 50% off. Lol

Daytona USA is tough? I don't concur. I got 200G in one sitting. I managed to win the expert track on my second attempt...

I got 200G in one sitting too, but that Expert Track was a real pain. I just REALLY suck at that game I guess. It's awesome though. :D

Thanks! I only need to do the five online wins and then all that'll be left is the 50 races Achievement (assuming I don't get it while boosting).

• 2 months later...