Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 1 year later...

These achievements look somewhat time-consuming, but not difficult. If the multiplayer is at all good (think around the level of Medal of Honor) then I will tackle and destroy these achievements. If it is poop, I will pass.

I can't help but want to go for the multiplayer achievements. I find them to be a decent test of dedication to earning your 1k. Not that I don't like an easy pass (like dead space 2); I just enjoy a decent competitive challenge.

Here's hoping this game is going to be good! :drunk

these achievements are kinda crazy lol. be party leader with 16 members lol. Most of these mp achieves can be boosted, prob all of them..and plus you have to play the single player prob 2-3 times (depending on the difficulty u start from)...and another lvl 50 achievement -___- im def gonna boost that if i get this game.

I actually think these achievements looks decent, never understood why people always whine when there is online cheevos involved, I actually like them, when they aren't that annoying/hard or just stupid.

And these cheevos looks like fun, not that hard, maybe only time consuming. See it as a reason to keep playing the game otherwise.

For the 16player-thingy, I think you only need to play in a game where your team is full.

If you have too invite 16 friends to a party, then it's messed up.

Is it just me or does this achievement list seem kind of unoriginal. Sure there are mission specific cheevos and collectible cheevos, but 3 achievements just for completing a level. One for just complete, one for complete on hardest and one for not dying or restarting, kind of bland in its list.

Not saying that its hard in any way but come on, a little more variety would have been appreciated.

The party achievements are just annoying...16 people in a party??!!?? pathetic sales pitch IMO

Exactly what i thought, ive just cancelled my pre-order cause of this crap. Went for crysis2 instead now. Achievements look solid and rewarding.

Exactly what i thought, ive just cancelled my pre-order cause of this crap. Went for crysis2 instead now. Achievements look solid and rewarding.

Why on Earth would someone cancel a pre-order and not play a game just because of achievements. Yeah this is an achievement forum but dosn't anyone remember a time when video games didn't have them and we just appreciated games for what they were. Today's gamers are too spoiled with achievements, auto-saves, etc. I spend my hard earned money on games that interest me and not cuz the achievements are too hard or time consuming. If the achievements are worthwhile then it's a bonus.

If you want to play just for achievements than your not a true gamer. Go play something shitty and easy like King Kong or Avatar.

Why on Earth would someone cancel a pre-order and not play a game just because of achievements. Yeah this is an achievement forum but dosn't anyone remember a time when video games didn't have them and we just appreciated games for what they were. Today's gamers are too spoiled with achievements, auto-saves, etc. I spend my hard earned money on games that interest me and not cuz the achievements are too hard or time consuming. If the achievements are worthwhile then it's a bonus.

If you want to play just for achievements than your not a true gamer. Go play something shitty and easy like King Kong or Avatar.

If you're a score whore annoying, pain in the arse achievements can ruin an otherwise perfectly decent game.

Is it just me or does this achievement list seem kind of unoriginal. Sure there are mission specific cheevos and collectible cheevos, but 3 achievements just for completing a level. One for just complete, one for complete on hardest and one for not dying or restarting, kind of bland in its list.

Not saying that its hard in any way but come on, a little more variety would have been appreciated.

I agree a little more variety would have been awsome. I can not even begin to thing how manytimes you will have to play the SP to get all of them.

If you're a score whore annoying, pain in the arse achievements can ruin an otherwise perfectly decent game.

I totally get that. It's just a shame to miss out on what could be one of your top ten gaming experiences and not even get to taste it because the achievements don't look appealing. Im not saying Homefront is a top ten contender; just speaking in general. When I first started out w/ x360 I was a total "score whore" but quickly learned to appreciate games for what they were, achievements aside. ;)

I totally get that. It's just a shame to miss out on what could be one of your top ten gaming experiences and not even get to taste it because the achievements don't look appealing. Im not saying Homefront is a top ten contender; just speaking in general. When I first started out w/ x360 I was a total "score whore" but quickly learned to appreciate games for what they were, achievements aside. ;)

Score whoring attracts plenty of OCD types... luckily I'm mild to middling, so I'd tend to agree that you shouldn't let achievements put you off a good looking game... as long as I can maintain my 85%+ completion rate that is.