Researchers Handbook

Fizzmatix

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide says there are Brute Splicers in Fontaine Futuristics...but I haven't seen one yet. The problem is that I need to research one more to max out the research on that enemy. Please tell me I haven't missed the boat?!?!

I'm actually in the hidden labs now...still haven't seen one.

There's not. I'm in the same boat of needing 1 maybe 2 more brute's for research and haven't seen one since the level with the priest dude...

I'm hoping there is at least one in the final few levels.

Edit: There are plenty in the final few levels but none in Fontaine Futuristics.

Edited by C0V3RT

You should put in your guide that you can research from corpses if you didn't research them when they were alive. It doesn't give you all the experience but if you didn't have time to swap back to the camera in the middle of combat it's quite helpful. By researching corpses I completed Thuggish Splicer and Leadhead Splicer research tracks before going to see Gracie.

Same situation, missing two tiny slices on the Brute Slicers. Moved on from Siren Alley where I know they randomly spawn, since they guide say they are present in all levels after that. Haven't seen a single Brute since Siren Alley, and I'm about to move into Persephone =/

Here's to hoping that Elite Brute is a special encounter.

Update: Indeed, when you get to the second to last level, Outer Persephone, the Brutes return. Encountered two of them (regular brutes, difficulty related?) at the beginning and unlocked Master Researcher. Note that on Easy, there were zero Brutes after Siren Alley and up until Outer Persephone.

Edited by Ellusion

im just starting fontaines futuristic now, 2 questions, im on just over level 2 of the big sister research, will i have enough of a chance, also do the alpha series respawn because looking at the guide it only mentions 2 alphas? (haven't met any yet)

also any tips on a good score on the big sisters and alphas? what plasmids/weapons are best to use and how?

finally i have keen researcher, researcher2, and extended film reel, i get damage research in this level i think, do u need all 4 on? which did u use?

cheers.

im just starting fontaines futuristic now, 2 questions, im on just over level 2 of the big sister research, will i have enough of a chance, also do the alpha series respawn because looking at the guide it only mentions 2 alphas? (haven't met any yet)

also any tips on a good score on the big sisters and alphas? what plasmids/weapons are best to use and how?

finally i have keen researcher, researcher2, and extended film reel, i get damage research in this level i think, do u need all 4 on? which did u use?

cheers.

You will run into a lot of Alphas though this level and the next. You will also encounter 3 Big Sisters if you are saving/harvesting the little sisters. As long as keep hitting the enemies regardless of whatever Plasmids you use, you shouldn't have any issues earning a decent score. Just make sure you use a Plasmid with a weapon, some users have said Freezing and using the Drill works best but it's really down to your own discretion.

As long as you get in the hits and deal a decent amount of damage you should get a good score regardless. I found using the Incinerate! Plasmid with the Rivet Gun would always produce good results, just make sure you use different weapons every once in a while.

You will run into a lot of Alphas though this level and the next. You will also encounter 3 Big Sisters if you are saving/harvesting the little sisters. As long as keep hitting the enemies regardless of whatever Plasmids you use, you shouldn't have any issues earning a decent score. Just make sure you use a Plasmid with a weapon, some users have said Freezing and using the Drill works best but it's really down to your own discretion.

As long as you get in the hits and deal a decent amount of damage you should get a good score regardless. I found using the Incinerate! Plasmid with the Rivet Gun would always produce good results, just make sure you use different weapons every once in a while.

ok, thanks.

Can you research Elite Brute Splicers and still have them count towards the ordinary Brute Splicers' research tract? I only need like one more dude to kill. ~_~

Yes, it all goes towards the same research. The "Elite" just means they're stronger or whatever.

I have a question that may has been asked 1000 times before.

Do big daddies respawn in the same area and am i able to scan them?

Is there a good place for scanning brute splicers?

Last (yay) can i carry over the research progression to my next playthrough?

Thanks for the answers ^^

All enemies will re-spawn apart from the big sisters and the alpha series. You just have to hang around long enough and go to new areas of the levels and come back.

Excellent guide man. Huge help. Yea I think equipping those keen observer tonics as soon as possible is pretty crucial so that you get as much research done as quickly as possible so you don't miss the cheev. Along with he extended reel too. I found using electric shock 3 and blasting them in the face with the shotty got good scores everytime, and switching to the machine gun every now and then. I always used electric shock though. Those Houdini splicers can be a real pain to keep immobilized. :uzi::eek:

Thought I'd post this little tidbit, which basically got me a full bar of a research on any subject for each reel I recorded.

I don't think order matters in this. I think what matters here is plasmids used, and how many times.

Start recording. The first thing you want to do is use Incinerate/Electrobolt. Second, use the opposite. Then use freeze. Each one of these plasmids is 100 research points, right off the bat, +1 for contact. Should be at a minimum of 303 right now.

I would then let the enemy unfreeze. Hacking away or shooting at them might cause them to shatter, reducing any potential for more points.

Second, (this should actually be first), you might want to have a few bots on you. Each unique bot counts as unique points. One bot landing a single hit on your enemy counts as 101 points. If you have two bots, that's 202. If there's a sentry turret thrown in there, that's 303. If a friendly camera spots an enemy and calls in a 3rd bot... well you get the idea. These points start adding up FAST. You're probably at about 700 now, and we haven't even used a weapon yet!

From here, the best way to add points is absolutely the drill. Without the bullet damage tonic, bullets do not add a ton. The drill is exempt from the rule, as holding it down for about a second will net you somewhere in the range of 150-200 points. If you have the bullet research tonic, switch to that and land about 4-5 machine gun bullets in the enemy for another 150ish points.

If you follow that guide I posted above, you should get one research track per enemy with no problem.

Great guide! Too bad i saw it after completing paupers drop though...

One question aswell-do the Rumbler, Rosie and Bouncer and Turret, Bots amnd cameras share the same research or is it just that they are grouped together as one "research track".

Thanks.