[Redacted]

SolidSnarf86

well from what i gather then from the employees although very nice but lack of any kind of knowledge said that the regular (first skylanders game characters were gonna be released on the 23rd) yeah lol

ne ways when should i go start stalking the stores does anyone know since tru and walmart are open 24-7 what would be a good time to be there ?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Casey, I want to apologize for your ignorant former coworker. She clearly didn't get the memo that some amount of each store's stock was supposed to be released this morning. I would have to blame the management for not keeping the E&E people informed. If anyone deserved to not work there, it was your former coworker.

On to why I'm here. Why are so many people SO SURE that just a ton of characters were supposed to be released in wave 3? Toys'R'Us was given all of 6 characters (5 S2 & Lightcore Shroomboom), and our email only actually showed 3. From all my research tonight, all other characters were just rumors and speculation (barring the apparently Gamestop timed-exclusive Scorpion pack). I just want to know if maybe there's some secret website somewhere with info nobody else has. If there's not, at least I have answers for the people who are going to complain Sunday morning, even if it won't make them happy.

Edited by Higginjoe

There is not an offical wave 3 list people were going off of but with four waves total and the game called Skylanders Giants people were thinking they would release one of the three giants left. Very disappointed that they are waiting until wave 4 to release the last three giants. Maybe they will release a giant in limited quantities like they did with Hothead. Will have to wait until Sunday to see what TRU and Wal-Mart release again. Maybe a giant will be release the 1st with the Hotdog pack.

What Im understanding is thumpback is suppose to snorkle out this coming sunday..lol....Like I posted earlier, I'll b at walmart this saturday nite before midnite to prepare for picking up what I believe to have left...... for wave 3?

drobot s2 repose

shroom boom lite core

scorpion pack {I hope and pray]

thumpback

So here's to hoping I'll at least get these this saturday nite at my local walmart.....I'll keep everyone up to date........

From my understanding, the Scorpion Striker Pack is apparently a Gamestop timed-exclusive, which they have rights to for about a month. I'm unsure when it's coming out, though. It sounded like it was in a Gamestop ad, probably for Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday ads, TRU's says people can come and see the 8 new Skylanders, which is confusing to me since we've only gotten 6. I'm hoping it's just a typo, but at the same time I'm not, since that means I'm going to have to do far too much bomb-defusing. I swear, some people take this thing WAY too seriously. I understand wanting to get a toy your kid really wants, and trying to get as many as you can find, but come on.

guys i need your help in something that someone here prolly knows more about than me i recently found a hot head variant when i was looking for wave 3 guys at best buy

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/suntzu0142/decentfind.jpg

whats this guy worth ? i know some of them can go for big $ and being this is the first one ive ever seen wondering what its worth ... ?

after i posted i did alot of mixed value research it does appear to be one of the rarest ones according to most and i don't know how to look up what they actually sold for on evilbay but the lowest bid ive seen is about 75 bucks and amazon actually has one listed for 699.99 OMG lol

its really kewl and i couldnt help putting on the portal still in its box and all but he glows BLUE for crying out loud so sweet looking too bad ill prolly end up posting his to ebay or craigslist soon

I'm also curious why Thumpback might be believed to be out tonight. Casey could just be hoping based on nothing beyond the fact that Thumpback hasn't been released so far (which I consider most likely).

When I went to my local TRU they totally broke street date in all matters of everything. Yes they had the few they released on Friday, but then they just started putting everything out on Sat. No stock was really saved for Sun. I was lucky enough to walk in when they were unpacking. I was able to pick up these characters:

Lightning Rod S2

Prism Break S2

Eruptor S2

Stealth Elf S2

Lightcore Shroomboom (They were sold out)

Cynder S2 (Already had because of starter pack)

Called them at midnight and about 6:30 AM on Sunday to see if they got any Giants in or what was supposed to be released. Nothing came in. Looks like Activision has failed us once again telling us that Thumpback would be out before Christmas along with Drobot S2. Not a happy person at all.

Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Kmart, GameStop, and EB Games did not even have any in my area. Only TRU had the wave 3 characters. It was also funny when the stock clerk opened the box marked wave 3 it also had Flashwing, Terrafin, and some other previously released characters. The boxes were not truely all wave 3 characters.

Same thing here in Florida, Only the Toys-R-Us had the wave-3 Skylanders.

Lightning Rod S2

Prism Break S2

Eruptor S2

Stealth Elf S2

Cynder S2

ShroomBoom Lightcore (Also sold out)

Wal-Mart didn't get anything in. No one has even seen any of the new Giants. No one on eBay has them so they must of not been released yet. :confused:

Well at least I got 5 of the 6 characters released.....just wished I could have got shroom boom, but hey....January 1st is just around the corner.

I was speculating for thumpback to come out. Ive got a 4 year old that is just dying to have it added to her collection......man I must truly still b a kid inside, lucky me I guess....it drives my wife crazy because Im just never gunna honestly grow up.

Im hoping that on January 1st they do release some giants. I just need that last three, of course this doesnt include any variants which Im looking forwards to as well.

Any way Im getting everything that comes out on the 1st at gamestop. Ive got an inside scoop with the gm of the store. He'll will give me a call when they come in and have them for me. man I love communication, u treat people respectfully they most of the time will return the favor....any way, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Edited by caseysrodeo13

Whamshell has been coming in more frequently, so there's a much better chance of seeing him now than there was pre-Giants. He's 2-per-box, and if other larger TRUs are anything like mine, they probably have a ton of boxes (not to say those boxes are ones that contain Whamshell, however). He seems to only be present in maybe every few handfuls of boxes.

Edit: This is just speculation on my part, and I hate to only add to the rampant speculation that's been going around, but I think it's possible that a Giant could be released January 1st, when all the stores get stock. After all, 6 characters in a wave is honestly kind of pathetic, unless they really want to cause some kind of Skylander explosion with the final wave (which is always a possibility; it'd really drive up sales in the spring). Also, I guess we should stop saying there's only 6 characters in wave 3, since Hot Dog and Zap2 are also part of it. Because Gamestop will be adding to the number in January, maybe other stores will get a chance, too.

Edited by Higginjoe

Whamshell has been coming in more frequently, so there's a much better chance of seeing him now than there was pre-Giants. He's 2-per-box, and if other larger TRUs are anything like mine, they probably have a ton of boxes (not to say those boxes are ones that contain Whamshell, however). He seems to only be present in maybe every few handfuls of boxes.

I have noticed scalper prices have dropped on him (now about $20). Still, it's going to be a while 'til I get one as the last shipment of series 1 my store got was 100 figures, but only Double Trouble, Wrecking Ball, and Stealth Elf.

Question, how do we know there are only 4 waves? Since wave 3 only had 6 characters it sure does leave a lot of characters for wave 4. As far as i can tell these are the ones left:

Ninjini

Scarlet Ninjini

Thumpback

Legendary Chill

Lightcore Chill

Zap 2

Drobot 2

Lightcore Pop Fizz

Eye-brawl

Lightcore Hex

Jade Flashwing

Polar Whirlwind

Hot Dog

Molten Hot Dog

Spyro 2

Wrecking Ball 2

Edited by Lord Dirt

Question, how do we know there are only 4 waves? Since wave 3 only had 6 characters it sure does leave a lot of characters for wave 4. As far as i can tell these are the ones left:

Ninjini

Scarlet Ninjini

Thumpback

Legendary Chill

Lightcore Chill

Zap 2

Drobot 2

Lightcore Pop Fizz

Eye-brawl

Lightcore Hex

Jade Flashwing

Polar Whirlwind

Hot Dog

Molten Hot Dog

Spyro 2

Wrecking Ball 2

That's why I think there's got to be more of Wave 3 coming out, either as a Wave 3.5 or because they just didn't want TRU and Wal-mart to release everything. I suppose a Wave 5 is possible, but unlikely since 4 is just such a good number.

Can anyone fill me in on what those weird variants are, like "Jade Flashwing" and "Molten Hot Dog"? Do they appear differently in the game, or are they like Blue Bash and Red Drill Sergeant and are just differently colored figs? As for that Legendary Chill... it's strange that I'd not heard of that one until a couple days ago. I'd figured we'd (TRU minions) been informed of all the Legendary characters, since I saw graphics with L. Stealth Elf before the games launched, but I guess not.

As a side note, L. Chill might not be released as part of a wave, exactly, since L. Stealth Elf wasn't either. Then again, she was released for Black Friday, so who knows.

The characters with adjectives in front of their names are considered separate characters in the game. They have alternate appearances in-game and have different stats (for example Dark Spyro has better attack but weaker armor compared to his regular counterpart).

They would still use the same soul gems and unlock the same heroic challenges as the regular versions though.

Well what ever variants or colors they come in if I like them I will own them.....to me there r several different variants I honestly just dont care about.

red drill sergeant

green bash

glow in the dark cynder

glow in the dark sonic boom

etc, etc,..

I just like all the different color combos, just me I guess. Besides some of the variants still show up in the game as the original color scheme and pretty much have the same ability.

Merry Christmas everyone! Lets celebrate the new year with some new Skylanders Giants.......