Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition

StephenJ360

This is coming out October 12, I was at work today (GameStop), and went to do a pre-order for Dragon Age 2, and saw that Dragon Age: Ult Edition is coming Oct 12. So this is just a heads up for everyone who doesn't own the DLC, go trade your copy in soon and put it towards the Ult Edition because Origins is gonna get a massive price reduction when it comes out.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any details on Ult? I assume it'll be a "game of the year" edition, but details as far as which DLC's will be on it?

My best guess is that all the DLC will be on it except for Awakening, considering Awakening is already on a disc at retailers. This will include Stone Prisoner/Warden's Keep/Return to Ostagar/Leliana's Song/Darkspawn Chronicles, and the latest Golems of Amgarrak.

I'll update more when I get more info on it, what I said will be on it is purely speculation.

Also, it will be called Ultimate Edition, not GotY Edition. They're also re-releasing BFBC:2 this way as well on Aug. 30 of this month.

Sounds awesome. But I've heard the game has some difficulty spikes, is that true?

Just play it on Casual difficulty. The whole game is easy, so no, not really true. Some people have had a hard time with the Archdemon even on Casual, but that's mostly because that fight glitches like a mofo.

Just play it on Casual difficulty. The whole game is easy, so no, not really true. Some people have had a hard time with the Archdemon even on Casual, but that's mostly because that fight glitches like a mofo.

Then I might have to pick this up considering I won't have to buy all the separate DLC.

Thanks.

^This^

No regrets on picking up all the DLC here but would be nice to have an ultimate edition. Didn't realize how much I'd like the game when I bought it! The only things I don't have yet is "Golems" and whatever they may release to fill that last 100pts in. Should be a doozy.

Sounds awesome. But I've heard the game has some difficulty spikes, is that true?

it has "gating" difficulty. in other words, certain areas are designed for certain levels -- while everything essentially scales with you, some areas/enemies have a minimum (and maximum) level, such that if you try to fight them at a lower level, it'll be more difficult. the game designers did this on purpose to encourage you to play quests in a particular order.

that said, play it on casual, and it's not very difficult.

This is coming out October 12, I was at work today (GameStop), and went to do a pre-order for Dragon Age 2, and saw that Dragon Age: Ult Edition is coming Oct 12. So this is just a heads up for everyone who doesn't own the DLC, go trade your copy in soon and put it towards the Ult Edition because Origins is gonna get a massive price reduction when it comes out.

have they confirmed what's in it? is it just origins + all of the DLC? origins + awakening + DLC? i'm gonna be not happy if there's exclusive stuff -- i just bought the last of the DLC.

have they confirmed what's in it? is it just origins + all of the DLC? origins + awakening + DLC? i'm gonna be not happy if there's exclusive stuff -- i just bought the last of the DLC.

I'll update the post whenever I find out. Waiting for a memo on it any day now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely say this game spikes depending on your play style. If you are a stealthy rogue for example some fights just initiate without the possibly of going to stealth. Also you can have 2 mages fire blast you and be dead instantly sometimes.

Heard about it but I just bought the normal version with most of the DLC except for Awakenings.

Guess I will save the cash for this game for on the PS3 as I allready completed most of it on the PC and half way on the 360 and need the PS3 for later :p. Kinda addicted to this game.

• 3 weeks later...

I think i might pick this one up now seeing as its such good value.

I did see this though on bioware's site.

A limited-time offer of the 2009 'RPG of the Year' Dragon Age: Origins, the Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening expansion pack, and all nine additional content packs

Critically acclaimed winner of more than 50 awards including more than 30 'Game of the Year' awards

A tremendous $114 value at one low price

Limited time offer? so im guessing when its gone its gone, either that or its a crafty sales pitch, time to preorder then i guess :D