Update News

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://playxbla.com/check-out-whats-coming-in-the-update-for-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/ Heres play xbla's summary of everything what will be here in 1.8.2 xbox 360 edition

Awesome, I'll replace the list on the front with the actual official list now.

I suppose I should get working on a list of all the updates up to 1.2.3 So the page is ready.

These new additions actually give me a lot to do:

1. Redoing Skyblock will be so much easier with superflat and creative mode.

2. Trying to hunt down the 12 music discs in the tutorial world sounds like a lot of fun.

3. Will melon seeds, pumpkin seeds and the ability to actually keep livestock without it despawning You can actually set up a decent farm.

Though I wonder why they bothered fixing the duplication glitch when you will be able to freely go from creative mode to survival mode.

EDIT: Nevermind I realized you can't do that on servers. so it's for multiplayer.

@4JStudios: We've handed over the final 1.8.2 build to Microsoft!

They'll run some confidence tests then put it into Certification Testing.

4J JUST TWEETED NOT LONG NOW

Sweet jeebus! Now that's the news I've been waiting for. If its 10 working days, then it means 16/17th October is the day for the update. Something to look forward too.

Looking at the "special additions" they're adding in 1.8.x Beta, for the Xbox 360, gives me a bit of a bigger smile than it should... you all *~do~* realize that a lot of these special features (especially turning on/off Fire spread and TNT) weren't EVER a "feature" added in Vanilla Minecraft on the PC (and I don't think were even around before 1.0.x Full). Some of these features are beloved MODs, that mostly feature in Bukkit or on World Guard and other "anti-grief" MODs.

Makes me wonder what other amazing features we can expect in the future, before it's time.

...though, now this means I might actually have a reason to fire up the Xbox 360 for the first time in almost a month. >_>

Looking at the "special additions" they're adding in 1.8.x Beta, for the Xbox 360, gives me a bit of a bigger smile than it should... you all *~do~* realize that a lot of these special features (especially turning on/off Fire spread and TNT) weren't EVER a "feature" added in Vanilla Minecraft on the PC (and I don't think were even around before 1.0.x Full). Some of these features are beloved MODs, that mostly feature in Bukkit or on World Guard and other "anti-grief" MODs.

the ability to turn on and off fire and things are being added in the next pc version with the new player commands and command blocks

Makes me wonder what other amazing features we can expect in the future, before it's time.

...though, now this means I might actually have a reason to fire up the Xbox 360 for the first time in almost a month. >_>

Looks like 4J really is trying to make this a different experience from the PC version :) Can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us.

Looks like 4J really is trying to make this a different experience from the PC version :) Can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us.

I think what they are trying to do at the moment is balance what the PC version actually has with what tools the PC version actually has available to it, things like the anti griefing tools that are in this one have never been necessary in the PC game because we can just edit the server files to do it but that is obviously impossible on a console so they need to provide an option for it

the ability to turn on and off fire and things are being added in the next pc version with the new player commands and command blocks
Oh, trust me, I know.... and I'm ~soooo~ looking forward to playing around with that, and tinkering with Beacons.

Though... my buddy, and host of my favorite server, showed me something similar, but totally different... he's got a plug-in that does all manner of insanity, while using a similar "command block" interface. He set one block up so that you can use it for teleporting (that's easy enough), another to summon forth selected mods (he brought forth countless Ender Dragons, which started wrecking the overworld... thankfully, this was just a test server)... and even set up a "Smite the Admin!" block... which I loved abusing.

Makes me want to run a server of my own, just to get Bukkit and all those delightful plug-ins.

Indeed... and for once, it's a company that doesn't go: "Our version is a different experience from the PC version..." and then s*** all over the fanbase, with half-done updates, and garbage content... all while expecting the same amount of money from it's customer base. 4J and Mojang have me feeling mighty happy with them.

I think what they are trying to do at the moment is balance what the PC version actually has with what tools the PC version actually has available to it, things like the anti griefing tools that are in this one have never been necessary in the PC game because we can just edit the server files to do it but that is obviously impossible on a console so they need to provide an option for it
Exactly what I was thinking. With "World Guard", one can basically rollback everything that a griefer does to their server... or limit people to being unable to do anything grief-like. Now, the Xbox is going to have some of those delicious features to chew on. And did anyone else get a big grin, upon seeing that the "Autosave" feature now has a countdown, to warn you of when it's going to save? That'll be ideal for people who want to host "twenty-four hour servers" on their Xbox, and people playing on those "servers".

Sounds like a great idea to implement these ideas for xbox. Nothing worse than people coming into your world and grief stuff when you're not looking. Happened to many times to me.
Exactly. And while I've not been the target of griefing, I have seen it happen to my friend's worlds. Nothing makes me more annoyed than people whos idea of "fun" is ruining the fun of others. It's a jerk move, and these new features should nip some of that crap in the bud.

Yeah, griefers have a wall of shame in my world that shamefully hides behind my wall of fame. I will be happy that I can limit what goes on in my world now and who by. That way I can let friends of friends on, without them screwing up everything. Least they can look at what they'd love to destroy. Then I can skewer them on my diamond sword.

Cheers, looks like I'm making loads more powered rails then. Got a metric shit ton of gold, so that's not a problem. Don't really matter, as when Creative mode is out, I'm turning my world on to Creative and finishing the world off. Taking too long to build everything I want to make. Plus all the new blocks coming in will help me update current buildings to look better.