Is this the exact same game?

no, it's different.

It's a bit like Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4

2 new characters, new moves for existing characters, balancing etc.

It also has a other updates such as, Tutorial mode, 8 player lobbies etc.

totally different game.... it's actually two iteration of the series after VF5. Also the movement of all characters have been improved and partly changed graphically

• 4 months later...

Didn't saw that much difference, maybe its because im no master player on this game, but my Sarah fight pretty much the same online...

They removed quest mode... added 2 other mode(one requiring a lot of $ DLC so no thanks) wich is hardly to me a complete version...

The 2 new fighters... well didn't play with Jean but the sumo guy seem extremely bad to play with it, not much moves, slow as hell...

New Arenas are kick ass tough, i give it that. But maybe its me, because its been a while i played the boxed version, but the graph didn't look improved, if there is something they seem a bit lower... maybe its because im playing DOA5 who just came out at the same time...

Overall i would say if you have the boxed version and you don't want to play online, and you don't care about achievements, this is useless to play this game. Personally i wanted the "almost free" 400 Gs (playing my first arcade was a joke seeing thos 60 pts pop up all the time) and i wanted to play this game online a bit, since the boxed version is just dead... or you will end up fighting one of those crazy japanese that play this day and night like a religion :p

Was it worth it to buy? Bah... had 600 pts that was laying around that i didn't know what to do with... so i guess yeah, with the DLCs these days being 1200 pts all the time, you buy a 1400 pts card and you always end up with 200 useless points(can't even buy a theme now with those) so once in a while you end up with extra pts you don't know what to do for.

I remember back in the days, that was cool, you would get a 1250 pts card, buy a 800 Ms point arcade game, then a 400 ms point and for the remaining 50 you could buy a gamerpic or well... let them around til your next card, but you only accumulated 50 pts... wich is not much.

Edited by Destro