Modern Times DLC

eHeadache

Modern Times DLC - 1200 MSP

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRbcmgUlDAE&feature=player_embedded#]Tropico 4: Modern Times Teaser PEGI - YouTube[/ame]!

- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the Cold War era to modern times and even into the future

- 30 new buildings become available as time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, Organic Ranches and Biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs

- Upgrade old buildings to new variants -- modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more

- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens' lives. Block or limit citizens' Internet use, create a police state or be a "good guy" and launch the Festival of Love edict

- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces

In case you hadn't already found out?

All I want to know is Achievements? Yes PLEASE!! For 1200 points I would in the very least expect them, I have failed to be tempted to spend on any of the packs despite a serious passion for this game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was going to buy this without achievements, great news about them but I find it odd that they announced the dlc and didnt say if it had achievements and its all gone quite from Kalypso in the past month or so.

EDIT: one of the mods on the kylpso website has said the dlc will be delayed for a few days.

EDIT 2: Statement from Kalypso Tropico 4 forums

We have good news! Tropico 4: Modern Times will be released simultaneously on XBox Live Marketplace and PC next week on Tuesday, April 3rd (USA). We thank you for your patience and understand the frustration coming from this delay.

Edited by gazmaster1

I was going to buy this without achievements, great news about them but I find it odd that they announced the dlc and didnt say if it had achievements and its all gone quite from Kalypso in the past month or so.

EDIT: one of the mods on the kylpso website has said the dlc will be delayed for a few days.

EDIT 2: Statement from Kalypso Tropico 4 forums

We have good news! Tropico 4: Modern Times will be released simultaneously on XBox Live Marketplace and PC next week on Tuesday, April 3rd (USA). We thank you for your patience and understand the frustration coming from this delay.

thanks gaz, i've been waiting for some news on when the dlc is out,

does anyone know the secret achievements??

I believe the four secret achievements are all story-related to the 12 new campaign missions with the DLC, and are probably un-missable, much like the four secret achievements in the main game -- I received the first one after the very first mission of the DLC.

The only one that Im not sure on is the Palace renovation, have reached 250 population as per the requirement and noting has popped. Everything else has though.

That achievement is a 4 part achievement -- after reaching the 250 population, you must next have $20,000 in your Swiss Bank Account for the current mission, then a population happiness of 60, and finally, pay $20,000. After you pay, the palace goes through a quick auto-upgrade, after which the achievement pops.

That achievement is a 4 part achievement -- after reaching the 250 population, you must next have $20,000 in your Swiss Bank Account for the current mission, then a population happiness of 60, and finally, pay $20,000. After you pay, the palace goes through a quick auto-upgrade, after which the achievement pops.

Just realized that yesterday and unlocked it, just have the secret achievements left to get myself after mission 3 so it is an easy 250gs.

Does anybody have any tips for mission 8, Presidente vs Zombies? I can't get past the start of this one. Not enough cash or industry available.

Edit: I beat it. The start is the only challenging part. I just did everything the executive said and after that I was able to get a Weapon's Factory up and allowed imports. After that got going it was really easy.

Edited by Thai J

this dlc isnt yet out on aus/nz dashboard , anybody know when its coming for us

Just had a quick look on the Kalypso forums and it seems you are not the only aussie asking this. Unfortunately there is no answer or release date and Kalypso themselves said they dont know. You should be able to change your region in the system settings to uk or us, download the dlc and change back. Hope that helps.