Onsluaght strategies

TwitTheShred

Took me a bunch of tries, but I finally beat him with Jin and War Machine. Play defensive with Jin on phase 1, use Bloodia Punch if you must. When you get to phase 2, War Machine's War Destroyer kicks ass. It's an aerial attack that hits while going up (if he's right above you) and coming down (relatively homed in on his position). War Machine's shoulder cannon is also pretty good to play if he's on the other side of the stage.

For a helper character, I used Iceman. He drops ice on screen. If Onslaught is right on top of you, it'll hit. Thor also works in this situation.

It's also worth restating that it took me a LOT of tries. Onslaught was designed to be insanely unfair. After all, it was a Quarter muncher back in the day. I probably would have spent $15 in Quarters getting to and beating Onslaught. I got so close a bunch of times before I got him.

Good luck!

I used Wolverine/Hulk. I used low, quick combos with Wolverine on the first part and once he died I was able to use Hulk's hypers to do a lot of damage to the head and jumping Fierce punches to finish him off. Bear in mind, on Onslaught's second stage, you have to hit him in the head to cause damage. On a more general note, patience, blocking, and quick dashing are essential for staying alive long enough to get the hypers off.

I just stuck with Ryu and Hulk. On the first round, I crouch with Ryu while blocking attacks, when Onslaught gets close, jab him in-between attacks, and during attacks that can't reach you. On the 2nd round, I just keep hitting his head with Hyper Combos in the air (Shinkuu Hadouken) and Hulk's fist attacks. It helped me win the no-round-loss achievement.

Just assault him with a your assist plus fierce attacks. Chun Li owns first form of Onlsaught for free, just keep mashing Forward+Fierce Punch, literally nothing he can do.

This helped me a lot. Zangief and then Mega Man in the back. As long as I can get to second phase I can beat him making it easier for the beat with X person with that forward FP killing him

Now that I have gotten back into the swing of things with this game he's fairly easy, patience is your friend with Onslaught, and a good assist.

For the first form I usually send out my assist in the middle of his teleports to stagger him and to get a couple free hits. Another good thing to have is a character who will not get his by his beam attack when they are ducking, it can get you a good free 4 or 5 crouching attacks on him.

Second form it's all about picking your spots with a jumping high kick, and supers that can reach him. Dodge the hyper grabs and stay defensive and watch out for the eye beams. Jump over the charging hand attack and he's really not all that tough.

I recommend Mega Man, and whoever else you need to beat the game with, to unlock more endings/EXP

HELPS SO MUCH - hold Start + Medium Kick before the Helper selection screen appears, to always get Pyslocke as your helper.

she has I think 6? uses, and comes out fast and will stagger Onslaught out of moves, most important one being his Hyper-Grav (the unblockable hold move). use crouching Mega Buster shots, and throw in a Psylocke whenever you need to stop Hyper Grav or other moves

If you're right up next to Onslaught when he does the Mega Optic Blast, you can either use HP Mega Busters or the crouching HK (slide)

• 6 months later...
Easiest method by far.

Choose first player as megaman , and the 2nd player who you need to finish it with :

Marvel Vs Capcom Origins Onslaught Fight - YouTube

Could you just add some written content too?

....perfect until Onslaught. Got him down to a sliver of health on his second form and died on character 1. War Machine comes out and just like cheap stupid games go, I died from full health before I could even press start on another controller because it happened so quickly. I think that War Machine is garbage and I hate him for sucking so bad. He has a ton of weapons to his disposal but I cannot hit the boss with any of them because they are low or at weird angles. Why would they make something so difficult to hit? Literally most characters are useless against the boss. Zangief (sp) can't do almost anything to the boss because you can't do grab moves and of course he has no projectiles. Is there a reason a game would make it so difficult for a specific character to beat the boss? It must be near impossible unless you play this game for hours and hours and practice. I hate being punished for not wasting all my time in one specific game.

Edited by Tyger7