Kino Der Toten Knocking sound Is actualy part of an easter egg. (help required)

I dont know if anyone else has found this but so far im the only one who has thus far uploaded a video to youtube. ive seen videos about the knocking noise but not about this.

Now first off i was just messing around since i only just found it there was an ascension easter egg that resulted in all players recieving a death machine i thought i might experiment with other maps.

SOOO i found the knocking video and thought id mess around with that.

at first nothing happened. But then i shot at each of the little red power boxes. some of them are well hidden.

i think theres about six in all.

Then when i went back i decided to mess around in the area with the knocking sound i tried everything scaling rooms shooting walls mirrors bulb lights etc threw grenades in etc

Then i threw a C4 Monkey down right at the window that the knocking sound came from and a voice played ( the same eerie voice from the box ) talking about the monkey, repeatedly. during this time the knocking stopped.

Now i want to know if anyone else has found this and if they have found anything more to do with it.

i have theories but id need a team of people with mic's to try them out.

If you want proof about this then i have a video on youtube and ill post a link if need be. but if it has already been discovered then help would be much appreciated

I would like to see the video please,

It may give me a reason to play that map again because it became boring.

I knew there had to be some easter eggs that weren't found yet.

I just wish that Treyarch will tell us all the easter eggs they have put in zombies when MW3 comes out, even the real small easter eggs, cause i know there are still easter eggs unfounded.

holy crap! im a born skeptic, so i thought this guy was full of bs. I went to youtube and searched his GT and kino and found what im pretty sure is his video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVup0lrZuA]Kino Der Toten Zombie Voice Easter Egg (help required) - YouTube[/ame]

Never heard a zombie say that before. I havent speant alot of time on kino though. I have a hard time believing there is something on kino that has gone unnoticed for this long, but that was a lil weird.

OP - did you try throwing any monkeys through the window? was the crawler anywhere near you when this happened? Ive heard zombies respond to a MB before but nothing like that.

Yeah that is my video sorry i should have posted it myself, I should note that the zombie (or whatever it is) because if you remember the speech from the scientist with the video tapes he talks about a experiment were a zombie retains some human qualities so maybe this *creature* could be it, makes the sound 4 times so far as ive done it on solo and done poorly because ive spent all my money opening all doors and not getting perks.

Im glad its been recognised and i am the first to find this.

It would be good if someone else tried doing this and telling me what if they found anything else

because it would not speak until i shot at all the red electrical boxes.

Oh and the crawler was still down the isle of chairs in the theatre when this was going on so it wasnt the crawler.

If possible having one or two people getting to this point with me and trying to figure out anything more would be great.

Mic's only of course

how many non functional red boxes are there and where are they. I remember seeing a post a long time ago from a guy who thought he was on to something with these red boxes.

Sorry for the crappy photo quality i just took these from my mobile.

Okay the first one is here right in the beginning remember to shoot dont knife itll emit some blue smoke once you shoot it.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/892/21082011255.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The next one is the first door you unlock for 750 points downstairs

shoot it a few times to take out this red box

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/913/21082011260.jpg

This room has 2 red box's its the room with the weird knocking sound and the mp5k its through the other zombie wall one of them is to the right and the other is straight ahead to the left it looks darker than the red one but shoot it anyway

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/253/21082011256.jpg

See the blue smoke coming out of it? surely treyarch wouldnt put these in As interactibles without some sort of reason. or maybe they did for annoying purposes

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3701/21082011257.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (sorry this one hasnt come out well

the last two are in the theatre. in opposite ends of the room were the two zombie walls are.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5812/21082011261.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us right next to the teleporter

and the other is right in the other direction

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3493/21082011262.jpg

now im sure that there is another in the alleyway it didnt affect the zombies noises in the knocking room but you can shoot that aswell.

Im pretty sure there is some link between these boxes the paintings of your individual characters and the zombie talking about the monkey.

Edited by Manifestation

It sounds like the monkey bomb itself talking. It says "your not Sam" referring to Samantha. Of course the cymbal monkey was one of her toys that most likely Edward strapped explosives to. They is radio, not sure which map, that as the recorder is making his recording, a knocking on a door interrupts him. Pieces of the puzzle.

It would definitely make sense for there to be an easter egg. I mean there have been these "big" easter eggs on every zombie map from Der Riese to Moon, so it seems strange for Treyarch to not put one in Kino.

My guess is, you're on to something with the red boxes, but the monkey bomb thing doesn't seem relevant to me. Has anyone tested whether or not that voice always happens?

I am going to test it out.

Im currently playing through kino now although ive spent over 20k and not a single monkey bomb from the box yet damn thing.

It would be great if the map had an easter egg that had been missed for so long.

Five is a map not many people play through mainly due to the pentagon theif so i doubt its been explored thoroughly enough to tell if there is an easter egg or not

Itd be great also if someone else could try this out besides myself.

Shoot all red box's shown grab C4 monkey and throw it in the desired location

Maybe after you do the monkey thing you need to interact with the monkey bomb on the bed in that bedroom through the teleporter? The way the map is and those random teleportation rooms does make it look like there's an easter egg hidden away. I would look for stuff but my xbox doesn't want to read the disc.

thats a really good point if only i could get the damn monkeys out of the box its really taking the mick!

well ill look into it if your game ends up reading the disk invite me and i shall play.

Maybe throwing monkey bombs in these teleportatio rooms could do something as you would leave before your bomb would go off.

Many speculations over this monkey bomb

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Kino_der_Toten/Film_Reels_and_Radios

Heres a link to the Zombies wikia page for Kino's film reels and radios

Maybe its subject two-six. I know the last radio says that he was killed, but it also says that his break in programming coincided with a fire alarm. I know the theater is kinda old for a fire alarm, but I cant think of another reason a building has red boxes on the walls. There are way more boxes than traps. Also, the last radio ends with someone knocking.

That aside, I think we need to start looking at the big picture. So far, weve seen we can interact with the following:

The red boxes

The charecters pictures

The knocking zombie

The radios

The filmreels

and the 3 metiors that start the song, which are probably unrelated.

Now its a question of how we can interact with them and in what order to see what kind of different outcomes we might produce. Maybe there are more things we can interact with we havent found yet, and maybe there are things we cant interact with until other things have been completed.

Im interested, but I generally dont play until after 10pm EST. But Id love to get a party of 4 together to scoure the map.

Edited by abstract1620

Thats interesting but adding to the fact theres a talking zombie theres more to it than i thought.

no one really thought about giant easter eggs only became apparent when call of the dead came around then ascension had one so who knows.

I dont know what time it is were you are but add my tag and we shall have a round.

I need one or two more people to join anyway!

test these theories out.

I love that there could still be an Easter egg on kino it makes it exciting again after already playing it so much. That knocking has to be something, because since the original release, all the dlc zombies have involved someone being trapped. I think that no one really caught on so in ascension they made slightly more obvious by having gersh speak to you and ask for help. The same format then followed in cotd and shangri la.

Just recently I also read a statement from treyarch saying that there are still things that have not been discovered in every map going back to nacht der untoton though I can't remember the source I will have to look round and post it later.

I love that there could still be an Easter egg on kino it makes it exciting again after already playing it so much. That knocking has to be something, because since the original release, all the dlc zombies have involved someone being trapped. I think that no one really caught on so in ascension they made slightly more obvious by having gersh speak to you and ask for help. The same format then followed in cotd and shangri la.

Just recently I also read a statement from treyarch saying that there are still things that have not been discovered in every map going back to nacht der untoton though I can't remember the source I will have to look round and post it later.

Exactly. We're might be on to something. :]