DLC: Hostage Negotiation Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

- Offline: 1/4 (Old School Moves for 10:gsicon:)

- Online: 3/4 (Early Adopter, WMD, and 60 Seconds of Intimidation for 115:gsicon:)

- Approximate amount of time to 125: 10-30 minutes

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitchy achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction

The Hostage Negotiation Map Pack DLC for Max Payne 3 features four new multiplayer maps specially designed for online action. Battle it out in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer on Club Moderno, Estadio Do Galatians, Favela Heights, and O Palacio Strip Club. In addition to new maps, there are new weapons and items too. The IA2 Assault Rifle and M24 Sniper Rifle bring two more powerful weapons to the multiplayer arena plus the new Bomb Suit, Heavy Helmet and Intimidation Mask Items provide even more flexibility for your arsenal. Lastly, there is an additional faction known as the "Filhos De Ogum" and the devastating new Explosive Burst for use in Multiplayer.

The Hostage Negotiation Pack is available for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE. Rockstar Pass owners of course receive it free of charge.

Step One: Early Adopter + WMD + 60 Seconds of Intimidation

It is possible to earn all three of these achievements in a single game of Deathmatch, as long as you have a full boosting party of 8 players.

Step Two: Old School Moves

This can be done on your own in a Private match.

----------------------------------------------

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/UPyItXk=.jpg Old School Moves 10:gsicon:

Perform a 720 spin while prone in Nightclub.

This must be done on the "Nightclub - Club Moderno" Multiplayer map and can be done in a Private Session. Use Shootdodge, :rbbut:, anywhere on the map. Once you land in the prone position on the floor, rotate yourself with the left analog stick three times until the achievement unlocks.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/UPim0p4=.jpg Early Adopter 40:gsicon:

In a single game, kill the same player with both the M24 and the IA2 AR.

The M24 is a Sniper Rifle, while the IA2 AR is an Assault Rifle. This is easily done in Deathmatch and can be unlocked on any map, wether it be a DLC map or original map.

Make two different loadouts, one with the Sniper Rifle, and the other with the Assault Rifle. When the game starts, aim to get about five to six kills with the Sniper Rifle, in hopes that each of the kills are on a different enemy player. Switch to your Assault Rifle class and get another five to six kills and hopefully, one of the enemies you kill will have fallen victim to both your weapons. The achievement will unlock once the same enemy player is killed with both the new weapons.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/UPlGKg0=.jpg WMD 40:gsicon:

Get 3 kills from a single use of the level 3 explosives burst.

Equip the 'Explosive Burst' to any of your loadouts. Hop into a Gang Wars game and proceed to get a couple kills until your Burst meter reaches Level 3. Melee kills will fill up the meter faster than regular kills.

This Burst essentially drops a live grenade at the feet of all visible enemies on the map. Your best chance to get this legitimately would be to wait until there is a round of 'Turf Grab' , as the chances of the enemy team being bunched up are high. Once you see at least 3 players on the enemy team, activate your Burst and hopefully the enemies die from the explosion.

If boosting, simply follow the same steps to get your Burst meter to Level 3, then have your partners stand in a circle right in front of you while you activate the Burst. They will all drop a grenade and once the explosion kills them, the achievement is yours.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/UPtnI7g=.jpg 60 Seconds of Intimidation 35:gsicon:

Grind 60 Seconds of Intimidation on enemy players.

You will need to equip the Intimidation Mask to one of your loadouts. This mask essentially effects the reload speed of your enemies. When you are near and enemy who is reloading, they will reload slower than normal.

This achievement's 60 second requirement is cumulative so it does not need to be done in one match. With the Mask equip, simply play Multiplayer as regular and it will unlock overtime.

If boosting, simply have your partners stand in front of you and have them shoot one bullet at a time, followed by an instant reload. If all players have the Mask on, everyone can the achievement in one match.

Great guide BiggD and thanks again for helping me boost these achievements.

Thanks, my man. And don't mention it. You have my thanks as well!

Yo BiggD you are a workaholic, time to do some 720 spins in the next game haha.

I do try :p We must boost anything and everything that involves annoying MP cheevos in the months to come, bro!

Thanks, my man. And don't mention it. You have my thanks as well!

I do try :p We must boost anything and everything that involves annoying MP cheevos in the months to come, bro!

I'm sure we'll all meet when it comes to Crysis 3 & Tomb Raider and exchange powerful quotes of how good we at ehh..boosting. :p

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Max Payne 3 / DLC: Hostage Negotiation Map Pack Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

with the total lack of people still playing online lately especially with all the dlc im really looking for some people to boost DLC achieves with and possibly multiplayer level if interested. Let me know in game GT: Gweel9

(Im on all the time so getting in touch should not be a issue)

• 2 months later...