Collecting Souls/Jackanism FAQ

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and tids from guides before. This was really the first time I had the laptop on the whole game, reading word for word lol. So, thank-you. Second I think I have a pretty good strategy for this, if anyone wants to try it out. I have 5 souls left cuz I stopped to soon lol. I should wrap it up today. Contents below:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/244/0Dc8P2Nl.jpg Capture 100 Souls - First I have tried just about every level and Isla Cruse was by far the fastest and easiest. The drops for the shrunken head are very common. I would say 1 out of 7. Port Royal is kind of slow shrunken head drops and the soldiers spawn to slow as well. Yes, you have Jack and Elizabeth to keep alive, but that is easy in these steps. I guess this just adds to what some people have mentioned.

1. Ok, First. Go directly to the end of the level. Right after Jacks ziplines down to the starting beach.

2. You will team up with Beth and Will here. Of course you have to keep them alive to be successful. You must kill about 10 of Davy Jones Soldiers in order to spawn the mini-boss. He will be very large an have a crablike body type. THE NEXT STEP IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP BETH AND WILL ALIVE.

3. You will need to grab Beth, or Will. Push down to cycle thru players. Then you will see 2 other players helping in the fight, that you can not control. These are NPC's, as we know, NPC's can not be harmed. So take advantage of it. Pintel and Ragetti (guy with wood eye) are fighting to the left of you usually. Head all the way to the left in the water....and make sure the mini-boss is following you. Kill Pintel or Ragetti's Davy Jones Soldier and then run back to the right. The NPC of Ragetti or Pintel should engage the mini-boss. This guy is the reason your other two PC's get hurt so fast.

4. After that, just assist the other 2 PC's (Beth or Will) with their kills. Make sure to use this button config, it is fast and builds your special up:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7918/45203832cr9.jpghttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2122/38614422bg7.jpghttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7918/45203832cr9.jpg

5. With your special you should have a ton of Health Shield drops. So once and awhile Will or Beth can grab one and heal up. I went over an hour without having to heal them.

6. Once a Skull drops, just head up away from the drops. Because bombs drop sometimes. The Jackanism will blow them up. That can kill Will or Beth. So head up to the Palm Tree Line. After that 2 Davy Jones Soldiers will come at you. Dispatch them and kill 3 more. So that is 5 per turn. I got about 87 kills from this in less than an hour. Just rinse and repeat.

7. Just make sure not to kill the Mini-Boss and keep an eye on Will and Beths health. This should unlock for you very easily after an hour or an hour and a half. If you get stuck IM me on Live and I will help you out! Good Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash

i will end up using this guide thx hopefully it works about time i go back to it and finish up this last achievement

yeah thank god for ash's post b/c the port royal way took me 2 hours and only got like 30 souls then i did it on isle la crusa or w/e ash's way and got 57 in 30 mins. so thank you. finally this game is done. and i will never play it again! woot :drunk

the skulls seem to not count when i finish the level and it autosaves?!?!

i am having this problem, if someone could help me, i cant save now that i have finished the game during a level :S, how do i carry the skulls over?

stepbystep guide if any1 doesnt mind

edit: PS Guys, it take me like half an hour to GET a skull. how do you guys do it? just beat up 3 guys until u have special, then LT and Y/B rite, or is there a tactic which gives u more skulls? it took me 2 hours to get 50, and then i died cuz i jackismed and the nade killed me. :(

help

Yay! I finally got this acheivement. Now at a full 1000/1000.

One thing that I noticed when doing to Isla Cruse method, with either Will and Elizabeth or the boss traped in the cave, is let your charge bar in the top left corner fill all the way up before doing the special move. It seems you will get a shrunken head more often or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and.............Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash

I've got a tip to add to this that I didn't see in this thread or any of the others. I found it out the hard way... ;)

When doing the finishing move to get items to drop don't just quickly press LT and then one of the finishing buttons but take a second (or less :)) to look which button has a red circle around it. Press this button and you are guaranteed a "bonus" drop. I found that it still takes some time to get all the shrunken heads needed but it speeds up the process as otherwise I would go quite some time without getting any extra's.

Did anybody else also have this?

Yay! I finally got this acheivement. Now at a full 1000/1000.

One thing that I noticed when doing to Isla Cruse method, with either Will and Elizabeth or the boss traped in the cave, is let your charge bar in the top left corner fill all the way up before doing the special move. It seems you will get a shrunken head more often or not.

Congrats on the full 1000. I got mine over the weekend using the Will & Elizabeth cave method on Isla Cruses as well. I understand what you are saying with the special bar, but I did not have that experience. I would always try to get the bar maxed out, but it didn't seem to have any affect on what items dropped from the enemy. Most of the time, I noticed that the shrunken head would drop when the bar was half full. I honestly think that it is completely random what item will drop and I think that there is a greater percentage of bombs, guns and hearts over shunken heads.

There was a time when I was boosting that I wasn't getting any heads for about 10 minutes. I persisted though and got 90 kills on that level which got me the achievement.

Ok, first off. Crimzen....your guide inspired me to register. I have always used bits and tids from guides before. This was really the first time I had the laptop on the whole game, reading word for word lol. So, thank-you. Second I think I have a pretty good strategy for this, if anyone wants to try it out. I have 5 souls left cuz I stopped to soon lol. I should wrap it up today. Contents below:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/244/0Dc8P2Nl.jpg Capture 100 Souls - First I have tried just about every level and Isla Cruse was by far the fastest and easiest. The drops for the shrunken head are very common. I would say 1 out of 7. Port Royal is kind of slow shrunken head drops and the soldiers spawn to slow as well. Yes, you have Jack and Elizabeth to keep alive, but that is easy in these steps. I guess this just adds to what some people have mentioned.

1. Ok, First. Go directly to the end of the level. Right after Jacks ziplines down to the starting beach.

2. You will team up with Beth and Will here. Of course you have to keep them alive to be successful. You must kill about 10 of Davy Jones Soldiers in order to spawn the mini-boss. He will be very large an have a crablike body type. THE NEXT STEP IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP BETH AND WILL ALIVE.

3. You will need to grab Beth, or Will. Push down to cycle thru players. Then you will see 2 other players helping in the fight, that you can not control. These are NPC's, as we know, NPC's can not be harmed. So take advantage of it. Pintel and Ragetti (guy with wood eye) are fighting to the left of you usually. Head all the way to the left in the water....and make sure the mini-boss is following you. Kill Pintel or Ragetti's Davy Jones Soldier and then run back to the right. The NPC of Ragetti or Pintel should engage the mini-boss. This guy is the reason your other two PC's get hurt so fast.

4. After that, just assist the other 2 PC's (Beth or Will) with their kills. Make sure to use this button config, it is fast and builds your special up:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7918/45203832cr9.jpghttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2122/38614422bg7.jpghttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7918/45203832cr9.jpg

5. With your special you should have a ton of Health Shield drops. So once and awhile Will or Beth can grab one and heal up. I went over an hour without having to heal them.

6. Once a Skull drops, just head up away from the drops. Because bombs drop sometimes. The Jackanism will blow them up. That can kill Will or Beth. So head up to the Palm Tree Line. After that 2 Davy Jones Soldiers will come at you. Dispatch them and kill 3 more. So that is 5 per turn. I got about 87 kills from this in less than an hour. Just rinse and repeat.

7. Just make sure not to kill the Mini-Boss and keep an eye on Will and Beths health. This should unlock for you very easily after an hour or an hour and a half. If you get stuck IM me on Live and I will help you out! Good Luck! Hope that helps.

Ash

Big big thanks for this, also thanks to crimzens guide i managed to easyily get through the game. Currently on 92 souls just going for my last 8 on Davy Jones locker.

EDIT: I found Tortuga a good level for mopping up your last few souls seeing as it has many heads in the chests and a fair few enemys to kill in bunches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was playing on Isla Cruse and I did kill the boss on that level with the shrunken heads. When the stats screen came up it said I had /+100 for the level. (I can't remember the number in front of the /)

I didn't get the achiever. Is this because I killed the boss like everyone has said?

I found it hard to keep the mini-boss alive for any decent length of time, and even when you do you can end up in a fight for ages just waiting (and hoping) for another shrunken head to drop.

I found Davy Jones Locker to be a good mission to build up a lot of souls, though I needed to play it several times to get the most from it. I found that using heads individually where possible was enough to collect up to 3 souls, rather than saving up 2 or 3 for a longer jackanism, but not having so many people very close by to kill.

I've got every achievement so far but the 100 souls.. I'm working on that one now.. My question though is right now I have 57 souls.. but I don't feel like playing anymore.. the game doesn't allow me to save at any of the menu screens, so if i wanted to come back to this later with my 57 souls what do I do.. yeah I know it's probaly a stupid question.. but i've worked most of the morning on this and just don't wanna fool with it anymore right now and i'm afraid of urning the game off and losing wha ti worked at today already. I had 39 last night but when i loaded the game today I only had 20 something

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was playing on Isla Cruse and I did kill the boss on that level with the shrunken heads. When the stats screen came up it said I had /+100 for the level. (I can't remember the number in front of the /)

I didn't get the achiever. Is this because I killed the boss like everyone has said?

the /100 is like 50/100

which mean you have collected 50 souls out of 100

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure I found the easiest way to 100 souls. Go to Port Royale. When you have the first sword fight, punch all of the pirates to death. This should boost up your whatever meter. When it fills enough, finish off someone. Every 5 or so drops a shrunken head. Run up the balcony, wait for all the enemies to follow, and jump off the other side. The enemies will run around and take the stairs. Use this time to activate the shrunken heads, and dispatch everyone. You should get about 6 every time, and make sure to not kill the lieutentant or whatever. Rinse and repeat until you get your 100.

I tried this many of times (around 30?) and not once did I get a skull drop. Secondly you say pirates, the time you fight pirates there's no "boss" guy so they all die and not respawn, therefore I take it you mean the smartly dressed people right? I did as said but never seeing any Shrunken Heads. :(

Looks like I'll be trying it another way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to abreviate on Ash's idea below which was by far the easiest (good work) and say how I got mine.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/244/0Dc8P2Nl.jpg Capture 100 Souls

Isla Crusces is by far the best level to get this on. Wait untill the very end after Jack reaches the beach and watch the cutscene. You will now be controlling Elizabeth, Will and Jack, however it is difficult to keep all three alive for a prolonged period. Use either Elizabeth or will to climb up the wall and then open the cave below. Enter the Cave with Will and Elizabeth and wait for it to close. Now those to players a looked away and can't be hurt. I've noticed that Elizabeth is wreckless and runs off, whilst Will will follow Elizabeth and protect her, so if you enter with Elizabeth, Will should follow. Make sure they don't leave the cave before the gate closes.

Now only Jack and your two friends should be fighting kill off the remaining fish-people and wait for a boss to arive. Given two of your players are in the cave he immediatly rushes other there and starts banging uselessly at the gate.

Now start getting souls on the beach.

Important Notes:

Use the combo A,X,A to kill, and then use finishing moves to get skulls every blue moon (sigh). The longest part is getting skulls, just be patient they will come.

The game will feeze if you don't clear out items as droped by the fish-people so you might want to stay on one side of the beach with your two friends on the other and throw grenades over there every once in a while (they are invincible).

If there are grenades around when you activate jackanism they explode so make sure no grenades are with you or you could loose a lot of work.

I found that if you waited to get three skulls it seemed to last for longer and the process was quicker (by observation, not measurment).

Get to know the patern and where the fish-people spawn so you can make the most out of the time you've got.

The ideas above were take from the below post and others and I only improved there ideas (don't sue me).

I got my achievement using this method in the time it took me to get five at Port Royal.

Ash

Edited by SPNKr M19
Someone can't sp3ll

• 1 month later...