Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Clueless

i just need a few more achievements mainly the episodes one till there releasing and i think the achievement difficulty isn't really 8 (hard) at all, give it a 7 because some achievements on certain missions might need skill and the lone wolf achievement on legendary isnt that hard as i done it, it took me in campaign play about 20 hours, the terminals are more easy to find than halo 3's I already have like almost 800G on this game so this ones unlike halo 3 achievements and odst ones so this one is a fair 7 instead of 8

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my Rifle, This is my Gun

Maybe worth noting that you can die, and revert to last save to.

I did this coop with a buddy on Legendary. When I died, I obviously lost my guns and was given a new set. So we just restarted a new checkpoint/save and I had my magnum back. Same tactic as you mentioned if you drop/swap the gun.

Still works.

"Badge" achievement doesn't require LIVE, I completed it offline just by changing emblem's color.

By the way I completed 31/49 achievements offline, in the first post you say 28 so there's gotta be another two mistakes.

Edited by Lekgolo137

Maybe worth noting that you can die, and revert to last save to.

I did this coop with a buddy on Legendary. When I died, I obviously lost my guns and was given a new set. So we just restarted a new checkpoint/save and I had my magnum back. Same tactic as you mentioned if you drop/swap the gun.

Still works.

Hmm I died probably 40 times solo legendary if not more. Never manually loaded checkpoint. I always had the loadout I had when obtaining checkpoint. Unlocked no problem

Hmm I died probably 40 times solo legendary if not more. Never manually loaded checkpoint. I always had the loadout I had when obtaining checkpoint. Unlocked no problem

Yeah, that's solo. If you play co-op then when you die you respawn with covenant or forerunner weapons unless you manually reload the checkpoint.

Awesome guide! Very informative and organized. You might want to add that for "The Challenger" achievement, it may not unlock as soon as you complete 25 challenges. It unlocked when I completed my 26th challenge, and the same thing happened to a bunch of people.

This is the thread where the issue is discussed:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=399615

There was another thread (made by LickableLemons) about Nak3dHalo's speedrun videos and I really think a link to those should be added to the legendary solo achievement as he lets you know a lots of great ways to get through legendary solo!

Here's the link that was in the other thread:

I don't know if there is a playlist for all of them but they are easy to find from that link.

Ps. Very good guide! :)

Edited by DarkSephiroth

No One Left Behind - 20G

"Saved at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder."

Just done this solo on Legendary due to a very fortunate glitch. For some reason there was a marine glitched into one of the pillars surrounding the tower which couldn't be shot at because only his gun was poking out of the wall haha. So once I cleared all the enemies, Palmer went "well at least you managed to save one marine.." and the achievement popped. That will have saved me a lot of time and effort!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14773 Mortardom 20 :gsicon:

In Mission 5, steal a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 5 'Reclaimer' specific. Online not required. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

The easiest way to steal a Wraith is to kill the gunner from a safe distance, and emp blast it with the charged Plasma Pistol shot (hold :rtbut: and release). While it is temporary disabled, you must go along side it press :xbut: to steal it. Make sure you are Holding :xbut: to 'Operate Plasma Cannon'. This will kick out the 'Wraith Operator' and you must shoot him. Then you can Hold :xbut: along side it to 'Operate Wraith'.

Now use it to destroy 4 other Wraiths. The trick is to keep moving & dodging the enemy Wraith's plasma attack while staying a safe distance from them, especially their short/mid ranged gunner's attack. There are a total of 8 Wraiths in the level.

There is a few things wrong with this

1.) after you plasma lock the wraith you need to hijack it by being directly over the gunner seat. Or else you will only be able to plasma grenade destroy it, or tear it apart.

2.) the totals are random. On my legendary solo run there were 13-14. 2 when they first appear, 1 at the first barrier, 4 when you have to destroy the ship, 6-7 at the very end of the level. On my legendary co-op playthrough there was only 11. 1 in the first time you see them, 1 at the barrier, 3 at the ship, 6 at the end.

I don't understand the bro to close achievement, how can there be 6 if i can only see 5 in solo?

That doesn't make sense, i have like 5 people and it's like hard so i dont see 6 in overall and honestly this is the hardest achiever in the game so far

Heroic right?

There is 2 in the start then they meet up with 4. stay behind the barrier with the Railgun and look after them while shooting all the enemies across the level. Then move along and let them go to the turrets. If you count 5 reload checkpoint.

i see 5 everytime i give my 2 marines light rifles i dont mostly see them, so i dunno if a friend in here will help me is my next idea or i'm gonna lone wolf rush cause i only done campaign solo legendary and heroic is nasty on the turrets and knights side though. I just kept eye overall 3 more i dont see 4 even on legendary i saw 3 so i dunno how it makes sense to me :( but they get killed when turrets focus then and the railgun i use is for the knight, watchers and mainly if the turret eye gets naked the closed eye doesnt work :(