Stuck on Chapter 2 - 'Defend the Viewing Platform"

Rascalov

I am playing on Hard difficulty and, during this chapter, Alan is accompanied by a man with a gun, but Alan himself has no gun during this section. You have to fight off several waves of enemies. I can get to the part where a big guy with a huge axe appears, but by that point I have almost no health and no flares. The big guy is just too strong. He blocks your flashlight with his arm and charges at you. I have to use up all my flares just to survive up to that point. Just wondered if anyone has any tips for this part, I've been at it for a while now but I'm not getting anywhere with it :)

I know the part you are talking about & since you have already used your flares, your only option is dodging. A successful dodge will buy you enough time to get a good distance before he catches up. Not sure but a quick blast with the flashlight might knock him back buying you a couple of seconds more as well.

Dodge, flashlight blast & running to the next light otherwise restart the chapter & try not to use up your flares before this point and just dodge/flashlight blast/run to each light.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

it's a piece of cake even on nightmare, dodge dodge dodge and eventually a flare, I guarantee you won't run out of them if u use them just when tke taken guys (not just one of them - u use flares even when one gets close to you I suppose, don't panic) gets really close to you.. like really really close ;)

###

as I said before, it was very easy on Nightmare, I used only 4 flares on this part (before the final defence had 12 pieces !!) - did it just yesterday.. currently @ ep4.

Edited by dybecki

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...