Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

halo 3 ODST I thought was alright, Legendary difficulty solo was a challenge but not exactly tough (so no frustraiting bits). Firefight is amazing and I much prefer to horde mode on gow2.

besides the lack of any decent storyline in the campaign my only complaint is that I want to play firefight with strangers when my friends aren't online... so why cant I do this?!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appear to be in the right thread. Because I hate Halo 3: ODST more than anything!!!! This game is impossible due to the fact that Campaign Mode has no co-op feature. No way out of the very first mission. Die easily within seconds. Bungie was wrong. I can never imagine how ridiculed I was upon playing this nasty piece of trash game! No one! No one! No one! No one will ever defies video game series! Bungie has indeed committed a treasonous act against the video game industry. Halo 3 ODST is now "Halo 3: Overkilled Dead Series Terminated". The end. Don't even try to make me reconsider or change my mind to go back because I won't and this is the most boring games ever. EVER! EVER!!!:uzi:

Just in time for the fireworks, Bungie.:boomBOOM! To all your future!:whs

Wow...I hope that was sarcasm or an attempt at joking. ODST is not hard at all. If you're getting lost on levels and "dying in seconds" then I think you found your problem (and it's not the game).

...my boy pulls that crap too, blaming games when he sucks it up. ha

Have you tried using the map provided in the achievement guide sticky for the game? It provides several shots for each audio log to determine the specific locations of each log. Also, as a side note, it's best to do it after you've completed the game. For whatever reason, some of the audio logs won't show up between missions; so, once you unlock Mombasa Streets on its own, your hunt can officially start with few problems.

I did, but I just didn't care enough about the game to search through all those locations to see which ones I missed. I started to and then quit because I wasn't having fun at all. I was just too bored.

You want some firefight sadness? Here you go:

1st (as in, first time trying it online) attempt on Lost PLatoon - Made it to 4th set, 3rd round, wave 3 and we had over 10 lives left after almost losing several times. In the end, the connection broke, everyone blames me because I'm Canadian.

2nd attempt on Alpha Site - This level sucks, anyone who says it's best is functionally retarded. We made it half way only to completely run out of ammo and then get brute fucked.

3rd attempt on Lost Platoon - Made it to the middle or so of 3rd set. Almost died, came back and were doing good until we got fucked by lag. Without lube.

So at this point, I say "I'm done, not completely, but for now." I can't stand another 2hour + marathon into the black depths of lagout. Two of the guys I was playing with from previous attempts decided to try one more time......AND GOT THE FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT. Had I stayed, I would have too. Or maybe lagged out.

There were a couple of other attempts here and there, but none ever even got off the ground because of the lag. Firefight fucking blows.

This game is fucking awful.

I can see why it's popular with the kids: the story is average and generic - perfect for a kid and the action is mindless and unjustified - again perfect for kids.

Why is this game hailed so much? People need to open their eyes and see what this game is really like.

Awful, mediocre, generic, uninspired, poor story development, atrocious voice acting, laughable cutscenes (I'm talking about the bit where the female ODST soldier just randomly kisses the dickhead ODST soldier - what the fuck was that all about?), lacklustre appeal and unbalanced enemy frequency.

Why does almost every 'corridor' style area look the same? I'm talking about Coastal Highway and Data Hive. Did they just copy and paste the rooms over and over again?

This game is just about moving to an area, killing a bunch of enemies, moving on and repeating the process - in some areas.

I don't find that fun, nor do I think this constitutes to being a good game, as everyone thinks it is.

What's with the health system? Why did they switch from the OK Halo 3 system to this one? It's annoying when you have to scout out for these medstations when they don't make themselves obvious to you.

LOL...this is so sad. I dont know where to begin. It's obvious you hardly played the game cause your wrong in so many levels...

It's your opionion, but its seems to be a little to biased. You sound like someone who hates the Halo Series.

ANYONE who says they should add matchmaking to Firefight is retarded...

have any of you guys played public horde in Gears 2?

you would just have some teammates who would quit in the middle or just play around. How about just making some friends to play firefight with?

My Turn:

First I'm going to say that ODST is probably ten times better than Halo 2 or 3 and I'm assuming 1 as well but I played that too long ago to remember. That being said I will now bitch...

Bungie should be stripped of its right to even make video games. They finally have a chance to make a central character that isn't a bland, faceless, hologram-loving retard and they failed utterly. You might as well take Rookie and replace him with master chief. Everytime they make a good secondary character too they ruin them by either killing them(Johnson), pushing them to the side(Arbiter), or ruining them with the script(Most of the ODST and Cortana). The games are rated M, so why do we have jokes that would entertain a friggin middle schooler?!!?? (Why are all of them rated M anyway I always wondered that. There's T games that are more intense).

I will give them props for the Firefight mode though. They basically picked the good elements from nazi zombies and horde and made some good maps. They should've added an online search though; not having one was pretty ignorant.

As for the campaign, other than the overworld type deal its pretty good. Guns are better (should've taken out the assault rifle along with the BR though), there's no flood, there's no master chief, no cortana, no halos, and the best part; no multiplayer you have to spend extra money on as a requirement to play everything when the maps suck anyway after playing them two times.

Oh ya, 60 bucks? F*** YOU Microsoft and Bungie you greedy :assholes. The only way this would be worth that amount was if I had never bought the heroic and Mythic maps and got a free 800 pt arcade game too.

Edited by Lunndonbridge

Things I want them to fix in the first patch:

1. No matchmaking in firefight, I mean seriously who made that call?!

2. the lag in firefight, its bad all the time and I can play halo 3 multiplayer with no lag, why is it so bad in firefight? I just had my second game today get ended with our score on over 100k points due to someone getting disconnected due to lag. EDIT: I just got disconnected from a game with only 3 players with our score on 192k!!! Please work on the lag/disconnections bungie, it is making firefight rally annoying to play :(

3. the length of the campaign, as fun as it was it was waaaaay too short

please Bungie, you need to address these points!

Edited by Killswitch9000
addition

I appear to be in the right thread. Because I hate Halo 3: ODST more than anything!!!! This game is impossible due to the fact that Campaign Mode has no co-op feature. No way out of the very first mission. Die easily within seconds. Bungie was wrong. I can never imagine how ridiculed I was upon playing this nasty piece of trash game! No one! No one! No one! No one will ever defies video game series! Bungie has indeed committed a treasonous act against the video game industry. Halo 3 ODST is now "Halo 3: Overkilled Dead Series Terminated". The end. Don't even try to make me reconsider or change my mind to go back because I won't and this is the most boring games ever. EVER! EVER!!!:uzi:

What the f*ck are you talking about? If it's too hard, put it on easy... If it's boring, don't play... And are you blind or something? This game is pretty much the most co-op friendly game to come out this year...

On topic, the only thing I have to bitch about is Endure.

We get up to Set 4, Round 3, Wave 5 and some dumbass gets disconnected. Fuck off.

Matchmaking would mean 12-year olds in every game disconnecting when they get distracted, and people coming to game to just mess around, or without any skills.

Lag in Firefight could be from parties. If none of the players are on a party the game runs more smoothly, and people disconnect way less (First hand experience.)

The only thing that I bitch is dropping Battlerifle. I don't think that memory was so strained that they coudn't add it in.

My opinion isn't really whether or not this game is good, but it is more about whether or not this is worth the $60. Keep that in mind. I hate that the story is so fucking short. The first review I read on this game was about 4pm the day it came out when I got home from school... the review had gone to the midnight release and by 4pm he had beaten the game 3 times and had a complete 1000 for the game and has already working towards getting 1750 in Halo 3. With a campaign that short, a Firefight mode that is basically CoD:WaW zombies (got bored of and sold) and Horde from Gears 2, and the same multiplayer I played to death for over a year and sold... not worth $60 in my opinion. Plus, I already sank $30 on overpriced map packs and they expect me to re-buy all those again just to get 3 more maps (1 is a remake I already played in Halo 2... and hated). The Firefight mode seems fun, but I already played that in CoD5 and sold that, and in Gears 2, which has WAY MORE maps to play it on than the 7(?) maps for ODST.

Learn to get your facts straight. All Halo games have had Coop, pressing up on the Dpad will show you where to go and if you keep dying then you must really suck at playing video games (or you are on legendary).

Matchmaking in Firefight and Coop would of been nice and a cheaper price point (but that can be blamed on MS not Bungie). Oh and what happen to taking videos?

My opinion isn't really whether or not this game is good, but it is more about whether or not this is worth the $60. Keep that in mind. I hate that the story is so fucking short. The first review I read on this game was about 4pm the day it came out when I got home from school... the review had gone to the midnight release and by 4pm he had beaten the game 3 times and had a complete 1000 for the game and has already working towards getting 1750 in Halo 3. With a campaign that short, a Firefight mode that is basically CoD:WaW zombies (got bored of and sold) and Horde from Gears 2, and the same multiplayer I played to death for over a year and sold... not worth $60 in my opinion. Plus, I already sank $30 on overpriced map packs and they expect me to re-buy all those again just to get 3 more maps (1 is a remake I already played in Halo 2... and hated). The Firefight mode seems fun, but I already played that in CoD5 and sold that, and in Gears 2, which has WAY MORE maps to play it on than the 7(?) maps for ODST.

Umm according to your profile you haven't even played ODST so why r u complaining? And people lie you know. The campaign takes at least 3-4 hours even on Easy and even if you just run through everything.

PS: Sorry for the double post.

Umm according to your profile you haven't even played ODST so why r u complaining? And people lie you know. The campaign takes at least 3-4 hours even on Easy and even if you just run through everything.

PS: Sorry for the double post.

well said...I hate when people trash a game cause their friend said it sucked. I LOVE this game!!!

Having all the maps for halo 3 has peaked my interest in the mulitplayer again (not to mention boosted my gamerscore another 600 points!!!)