Persuasion Hints [Slightly Spoilerrific]

I saw this was started on PS3Trophies, so i started one here as well. This is specifically for the A Wink and a Smile achievement. Original thread - http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/kingdoms-amalur-reckoning/145903-persuasion-hints.html

Saving is highly recommended before persuasion options. Some of them are hard, even with maximum persuasion skill. This list is complete

Main Quests:

In the Tutorial, there's a persuasion option from Encel when meeting the Praetorian Guards.

Once you get out of the Tutorial Tower, run over the bridge and stick to the left side. Save the Gnome from a bear, then chat with him for a persuasion option.

Shortly after the above, you'll meet a Fateweaver on the path ahead with a persuasion option. After this, you'll be sent to a house elsewhere. Choose the dialogue ''What did you expect?'' for another persuasion option.

During the main quest '' Old Friends, New Foes '' you'll speak with Nyralim. Complete the objective he gives you, then he'll have a persuasion option the 2nd time you speak with him.

During the main quest '' Breaking the Siege '' you'll meet Elund Carth in Rathir. He'll have a persuasion option.

During the main quest " Breaking the Siege " just before you fight Balor, you'll come across Captain Mys. If you investigate all his conversation choices, he'll gain a new option that says "Join Me" after which you'll be given a persuasion option.

During the main quest '' Pride Before A Fall '' you'll face Callis Dren in your path. He'll have a persuasion option before and after combat.

During the main quest '' Taking Vengeance '' you'll talk to a certain someone before entering the Winter Court in Bhaile. A final persuasion from the Main quests presents itself.

Faction Quests:

The House of Ballads Faction quest '' Ballad of the Bloody Bones '' has one persuasion option, right after opening the cells from Bloody Bones.

In the Warsworn Faction quest '' Lock and Key '' you'll have to speak to Livia Fenan in her prison cell at Helmgard Keep. There are two persuasion options in this conversation.

The Warsworn Faction quest '' The House of No Doors '' has a persuasion option from Elbin Meroch. The Customs House in Rathir has two, one from Oneth Tansand and a grille in the wall.

In the Warsworn Faction quest '' The Mountain Prison '' you'll eventually destroy the last Pillar in your way. There's a persuasion option before the final fight ahead.

The Travelers Faction quest '' The Guided Hands '' has a persuasion option from Gunnar Frode in Vorm Lodge.

The Travelers Faction quest '' The Silent Step '' has a persuasion option inside Arduath, just after you open the door.

The Travelers Faction quest '' Something Borrowed '' has a persuasion option from Maire, Queen of Cups when going for the cowl.

The Travelers Faction quest '' Outside the Box '' has a persuasion option from Eloren Criet in Adessa.

In the Scholia Arcana Faction quest '' Trial By Fire '' you'll eventually cross a bridge. Kill the enemies there, and the sorceress will have a persuasion option.

The House of Sorrows Faction quest '' The Sorrows Call '' can be obtained from Bisarane on the path to Foes' Hearth. It has 3 persuasions, two from blue orbs, and one from a poisoned Fae inside the Proving Halls. The first orb is not one of them, but after that the order is Orb > Fae > Orb.

The House of Sorrows Faction quest '' Such Sweet Sorrow '' has a persuasion option, just after dispelling the 4th Nexus from Bisarane.

House of Valor Downloadable Content:

In the House of Valor quests, you'll get the quest ''Meeting With Magnus''. Do so and there's a persuasion option from Cyrus Erlin.

The Legend of Dead Kel Downloadable Content:

The Main quest '' Dark Harbor '' will lead you to a cave. Just before you reach the cave, you'll be stopped by Tari on the last wooden platform. He has one persuasion option.

Conrad Cronberg can be found just outside Mudhold Fasting in South-West Dark Harbor. He'll start the Side quest '' Ties That Bind ''. Angharad Glyndowr has two persuasion options inside Mudhold Fasting.

The Side quest '' Master of the Keep '' is started by Paddy, after you finish rebuilding Gravehal Keep. There's a persuasion option from Elwa Brond in Cape Solace.

The Teeth of Naros Downloadable Content:

The Main quest '' Rites of Passage '' starts as soon as you enter Teeth of Naros. Secandra will approach you at the camp below, but you'll be interrupted by a Jottun attack. After you kill the Jottun, she'll have 2 persuasion options in a row.

The Main quest '' Shapen in Iniquity '' has one persuasion option from Secandra. This happens as soon as you loot the Circlet in Idylla Under Sewers.

Pacetor can be found in Idylla, he'll start the quest '' Labor of Love ''. Inspect the statue, then return to him for a persuasion option.

Hystis can be found at his camp in North-West Teeth of Naros, after completing Rites of Passage. He starts the quest '' Back to Basics ''. Korrinna and Heliodorus both has one persuasion option. Returning to Hystis presents another persuasion option.

Straton from Idylla starts the quest '' Dramatis Personae '' after completing the Main quest. After you've chosen who to play the 3 roles, speak to Straton again. The next part of the quest has 3 persuasion options in a row.

Side Quests:

Father Dynwel in Gorhart will give you the quest '' Crisis of Faith ''. Complete the Brother's objective in the dungeon, then there's a persuasion back where you met him.

Gizela Wulflae can be found in Gorhart. She'll give you the quest '' Homecoming '' which leads to Didenhil. Talk to Camden for a persuasion option.

Brother Delf can be found in the Gorhart Reliquary. He'll give the quest '' Out of the Past ''. Ugnar Odgray in Gorhart has a persuasion option.

Penri Kell can be found in the second half of Odarath, to the right of the main road. Complete the first quest she gives you, then you'll fight a troll in the next quest. Persuade her after the troll is dead when she approaches.

Enconeg Holn can be found in Holnstead (located in Ettinmere). The quest is named '' The Fisherman's Bride ''. He'll show up when you find what he's looking for, and then there's a Persuasion option.

Avicenn Etell can be found next to Enconeg. He'll give the quest '' Shine and Shadow '', return with the item and there's a persuasion option.

Kester Barclay can be found In Didenhil (Glendara). He'll give you the quest '' The Natural Order ''. When you open the second door in Coilsbain Ruins, there'll be a persuasion option.

Brother Gamian can be persuaded (Lie) at St. Hadwyn's Mission in Glendara.

You'll find Marga Sammoc in Lorca-Rane. She'll give you the quest '' The Antelope ''. There's a persuasion option when completing the quest.

You'll meet Osduin in Lorca-Rane. Talking with him initially will have a persuasion option, before starting the quest '' The Flowering ''. After collecting what Osduin wants you to get, meet up with him again. There'll be another persuasion option after you fight the enemies.

The quest ''Oh, The Indignitaries '' in Ysa, given by Squire Brio has 3 persuasion options.

Ratofer can be found walking around in Ayten, located in The Wolds. Just follow the quest '' Ratofer's Pawns '' until you need to sell a charter, then there's a persuasion option from Gordan Lot.

Elrod Edman can be found outside of Emaire in Forsaken Plain. He'll give you a quest named '' They Walk Among Us '' Which leads to 3 Persuasion options.

In the Middle of Cradle of Summer, you can find Lord Callor. He'll give you the quest '' Rivener Tarsus ''. Purta in Forsaken Plain will have a persuasion option.

Lord Cras can be found at New Culn in the second half of Forsaken Plain. He'll give you the quest '' The Treasures of Culn ''. When you have to follow one of his men, you'll have a persuasion option at the end.

Orieator's Tomb is located in the second half of Forsaken Plain. Idwa Widfrond will be nearby with the quest '' Raising the Dead ''. Eventually you'll meet up with Britt Hagni, he'll have a persuasion option.

Faitir Scaith is wandering around near Dolve Wayle in Tala-Rane. He'll give you the quest '' Bell, Book and Candle ''. Meet up with him in the location, then follow him until he stops for the first persuasion option. Follow him again until you're in the library, defend him and another persuasion option appears afterwards.

Located in the first half of Kandrian is Derfel's House. Follow his quests until you need to collect 3 items, then when you meet Kells Caferty (Tiren's Rest - Galafor) persuade him to reduce the price.

Priestess Corelon can be persuaded (Lie) at Tirin's Rest in Galafor. She's in the middle of town.

Atheof Cergren can be found in Tirin's Rest. Persuade him to pay you upfront.

In Tirin's Rest there's a persuasion option in the shop named Cergren & Brad Mercantile. Ask the question '' It's very peaceful here? ''. Following the quest '' Tirin's Secret '' Persuade the guard in Burren Cove. Complete the quest, then talk to the priestess again for another persuasion.

Clyeth Arne can be found outside of Rathir. He starts the quest '' Family Arms ''. Go up to Dolve Arne and persuade Anwyr Hedef.

As you enter Rathir, look to the left and find Rhiad Guth. She'll give you the quest '' Tidings of War ''. Afan Del will have a persuasion option.

Carasta Arawyn is inside Officer's Hall in Rathir. She'll give you the quest '' Mixing Business ''. Do what she says, and there'll be another persuasion option.

In Rathir Upper City you'll find Onfei Cather. Accept the quest '' Bad Blood '' and follow it until Abergast Residence. There are two persuasion options in a row inside.

See below for a continuation of the OP.

Edited by Vindicator51

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing the OP here.

In Rathir near the Seafoam Tavern, there's a mortally wounded man next to the path. He'll give you the quest '' Every Sparrow Fallen '' which leads to a persuasion option.

Inside the Temple of Lyria in Rathir, you'll find Abelyra Seranon. She'll give you the quest '' The Orison ''. During the second part of the quest, you'll meet Nuer Bedlym with 3 persuasion options in a row.

When you enter The Red Marches from Alserund, go left and find the camp. Talk with Hreid Amelthoe for a persuasion option when accepting the quest '' Worth Fighting For ''.

At the same camp as above, accept the quest '' His Brother's Keeper '' from Colm Alba. Follow him through the Tomb, then there's a persuasion option behind the door he leads you to.

Enser Garrou can be found near Motus Mining Outpost in The Hollowlands. Accept the quest '' Fae at the Mine ''. Complete this quest, then pick up and complete '' Bloodbane '' from Capstan Odvar inside. Apule Vire will then give you the quest '' Miners in the Sand ''. Follow this quest until you enter a mine, there'll be a persuasion option there.

Gavroch Valle can be found in Ironfast Keep, North-East Menetyre. He'll give you the quest '' A Master's Touch ''. There's a persuasion option when you talk with Efyr Dynnwel.

Whitestone can be found in Apotyre. Talk to Steg Darkvari in the cage, and accept the quest '' Runaways ''. Persuade the guard Beorn for the key. Continue the quest inside Darkvari Mine, and there's a persuasion option from Hrindi Zungar when you exit.

Mayor Eswin in Whitestone starts the quest '' Bone Town ''. Follow the quest until you've spoken with Adath Skoria, then return to town and refuse the Mayor. When you talk with Adath again, you'll get the quest '' Opening a Vein ''. There's a persuasion option at the gate inside Skoria Mine, when you talk with Thelgood Skoria. After you talk with Adath back in town, go to the Mayor's house and persuade him to go to jail.

In the Adessa Hospitalis Quarters, there's a petition board with the quest '' The Tithes That Bind ''. Persuade the 3 merchants to donate.

Courdan Passant in Adessa Domus Politica gives the quest '' Return to Sender ''. The quest leads to a persuasion option from Parwen Well.

The quest '' A Time to Reap '' can be obtained from Betheli Jons in The Midden. There'll be a persuasion option when confronting the Headsman.

The quest '' Ghosts of Seawatch '' can be obtained inside Seawatch in Caeled Coast from Byrn Elgar. Private Cornall has a persuasion option to replace Erion Odi. Astor Colliani wants a dagger from Fridi Edstar, persuade it from her.

Inside Castle Ansilla, located in the 2nd half of Caeled Coast, you'll meet Drewn Ansilla. He'll give you the quest '' The Blades and the Seal ''. Hillared Gastyr has a persuasion option.

Camp Moondown is located in High Fulgen. The quest line '' The Siege of Moondown '' has 5 persuasion options.

1) When you find the healer, lie to him when asking for a potion.

2) When you talk with the Mercenary, there'll be another persuasion option.

3) When you get to the speech, there are 3 persuasion options in a row.

Edited by Vindicator51

There's a persuasion option with Nyralim and you'll get Nyralim's Grace (10% element resistance) for passing it.

Also in the warsworn questline you'll have to speak to a girl in her prison cell at Helmgard Keep. There is two persuasion options in this conversation.

Edited by Sarsage

I've heard that Dispelling has some effect, but to what extent i don't know. I'm just pointing out some known places, without points in either skill.

I'll keep the spoilers out of it.

If someone has been enchanted. Put under a spell. This would cause them to challenge you and fight you.

If your Dispelling level is high enough though you have an additional dialogue option to "Lift the Curse".

The character then comes to their senses and backs off (which in some cases is pretty handy because though the game doesn't press you too hard on Normal some of these characters have the power to kick your backside if you let your guard down).

Az

There's a persuasion option with Nyralim and you'll get Nyralim's Grace (10% element resistance) for passing it.

Also in the warsworn questline you'll have to speak to a girl in her prison cell at Helmgard Keep. There is two persuasion options in this conversation.

Nyralim's option is the second time you speak with him, right?

In rathir near the seafoam tavern there is a mortally wounded man next to the path. Do what he tells you and you'll get a persuasion option in the lower tunnels.

I'm not sure of any requirements for the quest giver to be there or for the actual option unfortunately.

Also I can't remember which ones but detect hidden has influenced a couple of mine before.

Nyralim's option is the second time you speak with him, right?

Yep, after you've done the quest for him. There's another one in "The House Of No Doors Quest" in the Warsworn quest line when you talk to Elbin Meroch. And in the same quest you have to travel to custom house in Rathir. There is one when you talk to the window grill.

Edited by Sarsage

Thanks for the tips. Got the cheevo completing "The Siege of Moondown" quest, there are 5 persuasions, 3 in a row in the end. :)

After completing the main quest and doing all the five Faction related, i think it will only be left around 10~15 persuasions.

Just remeber to reload if you failed a attempt.

Sorry for my english.

ah bugger...

I didn't do enough achv research and have missed a few chances at this (either ignoring them or failing). Maybe 15 or so.

Am I looking at a new playthrough?

Nobody knows how many persuasion opportunities there are in the game. I'd say you probably won't be able to get it now but you never know.

During "Breaking the Siege" just before you fight Balor, you will come across Captain Mys. If you investigate all his conversation choices (I think the "Balor" option in particular) he will gain a new option that says "Join Me" after which you will be given a persuasion option.

Hmm..i think i missed that myself. Well, you learn new things all the time.

I'll keep the spoilers out of it.

If someone has been enchanted. Put under a spell. This would cause them to challenge you and fight you.

If your Dispelling level is high enough though you have an additional dialogue option to "Lift the Curse".

The character then comes to their senses and backs off (which in some cases is pretty handy because though the game doesn't press you too hard on Normal some of these characters have the power to kick your backside if you let your guard down).

Az

Just for some info... Detect Hidden also plays in some convos. Had no clue about Dispell. Thx.

The quest Tirin's Secret in Tirin's Rest has 2 persuasion options. It's also tied to the blacksmith one in town where you ask about the peacefulness. See the OP.

Edit: I got the first one by talking to a guard in the town (following quest marker). I got the last one by talking to the priestess at the end after you free the prisoner (no quest marker as far I remember).

Edited by Hoborg

The Master's touch quest seems incorrect. I talked to the smithy and was never given an option to pursuade him to return. I had maxed my persuade skill.

I just assumed the persuasion check was true, because i saw it on IGN. I didn't have a way to check myself, since i already met the Smith beforehand.

I will get around to most of these quests myself after the Faction ones.

The quest Tirin's Secret in Tirin's Rest has 2 persuasion options. It's also tied to the blacksmith one in town where you ask about the peacefulness. See the OP.

Edit: I got the first one by talking to a guard in the town (following quest marker). I got the last one by talking to the priestess at the end after you free the prisoner (no quest marker as far I remember).

Where on the map is Tirin's Rest?