Who's stopping at 850 and who's going for 1000 GS

tommy060289

How many GS Points will you be going for in Bioshock: Infinite  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How many GS Points will you be going for in Bioshock: Infinite

• 1000 GS is the only option! must complete 100%
    • 850 GS will do fine for me. Those last two achievements are just silly

I already 1000ed this game. For those of you worried about 1999 mode, don't be. It isn't that hard. Granted it can be a bit dull as you won't want to stick your head out to shoot to often but it is a breeze. I actually never died. I did die once at the beginning of one fight just because I rushed out, stupidly forgetting there was a battle there but reloaded and beat it just fine.

There are a lot of helpful hints and tips around the threads and if you read those you will have no issues with the game.

Edited by DemonRaider1138

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone thinking of stopping at 850 please at least TRY 1999 mode, it's not hard and getting another 1000gs is always worth it.

I just finished got my 1000 tonight and loved the game, I went half the game on 1999 before I died at all and I actually did all the "Hand of the Prophet" parts better this time than on hard.

So yeah just try it, if you don't like it you can always just stop playing lol.

If 1999 was perma-death at any point throughout the game (with no checkpoints/respawns) THEN I could see this being considered a huge difficulty, simple fact is checkpoint system can be abused, and you get respawns aplenty if you manage your funds properly, and actually scavenge everything. This seems to be a lot easier than most people assume. I think it is just the "perma-death" and not using vending machines for ammo/health that is scaring some people. I haven't done it yet (this weekend sometime I will) but I can't imagine it is very hard.

I think it is hilarious that everyone is saying 1999 mode is easier than the first two considering there are easy tricks to completing the first two on hard. To my knowledge, there isn't one for 1999 mode yet.

Edited by Burning Karma

I'm almost done with my hard playthrough and I think that I'll stick with my 850GS. The game was a total breeze until the second handyman, I'd say, and there's a solid difficulty increase from then... I know that I will get frustrated on 1999 mode, and I play video games to relax after work, not to be frustrated...

I finished my 1999 play-through last night and the worst parts were the Siren, the second Handyman and the final battle. Honestly, if you take the rest of the game slow, you'll never run out of money and Elizabeth will always have your back.

I only have four achievements to go until I hit 1000, so I'm pretty much revved up and ready to finish this. :D

why would anyone stop at 800-850??? the challenge of 1999 mixed with the beauty of the game is what makes this game! if you didn't do 1999 on your first run it should be easier on a second run since you know what's coming. don't leave this incomplete...it deserves a second and maybe 3rd run. even though I did 1999 first I still did a full second run. I had so much fun with the time I spent on bio inf...!

I am halfway through 1999 without using any kind of special tips or even upgrades using Gear Head (actually very useful) Winter Shield and Head Master (got all randomly) It isn't that bad, and so far the actual harder parts have had very forgiving checkpoints, letting me start from there and save money at the beginning. It isn't "easy" but there is no reason to be intimidated by it. in fact so far, the hardest part for me has been before I got the shield at the very beginning of the game.

Funny how some are saying the hard difficulty is harder than 1999.. I actually beat the game on hard, but I didn't select the difficulty from the beginning, I'd actually switched to hard in the very beginning before I'd ever entered Columbia, thinking it might actually count.. Nope.. So I went straight for the 1999 mode, about halfway if not more so and I've had very few problems.

1000 in this game wasn't overly difficult. As long as you cleaned up all the collectables on an easy/normal playthrough you can run past almost half the battles in this game anyways.

I'm doing the collectables on 1999 mode. I don't really see the problem as you have the same amount of time and chances to get them as you'd have on a easy/normal playthrough