Rolled Over?

RexDarr

What is the easiest way of doing this? I went the airport and before I could even find a ramp I was oblitherated by cops and a 4-star wanted level.

What type of car should I use? Where should I go? Should I be holding down any buttons when I do it? Should I hit (a) ramp at an angle?

What is the easiest way of doing this? I went the airport and before I could even find a ramp I was oblitherated by cops and a 4-star wanted level.

What type of car should I use? Any sportscar, basically anything fast and fairly small Where should I go? Airport runway Should I be holding down any buttons when I do it? Accelerate and D-pad at moment of impact Should I hit (a) ramp at an angle? Hit the very edge of the ramp at 30 dgr off straight and hold left/right depending on which edge of the ramp you go for

I used this method and got the chevo, took several tries as I was prolly only doing 4/4.5 on the average run...but keep trying and you will flip 5 times.

EDIT: Forget about the cops, I had the 4 stars and they didn't really touch me, just keep moving and you'll outrun them. If your car gets totalled, jump in a cop car and use that, the cop car is fast enough to use for the job.

Edited by Jakethemuss

I tried a number of times. First few times I SWEAR I counted 5 rolls, but I guess I rolled 5 times in the air then crashed on the ground either on my wheels or on my roof then roll to my wheels.

A couple of times I would hit the jump, roll on the ground 4 times, then while on my 5th roll I would end up on my roof with not enough momentum to flip me over. Last night I hit the ramp at full speed then hit that little concrete thing and ended up flipping 4 times, hitting the ground then did two more flips before landing on my wheels and then spending 5 minutes making the cops crash in to the giant plane or go off the ramp.

Thanks again for the help!

I did the airport method on the 360 but couldn't for the life of me get it to work on the PC. Then I found this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8sROYxAAbA]YouTube- ‪GTA IV Rolled over ACHIEVEMENT Tutorial‬‎[/ame]

Guaranteed achievement. If you do it properly you'll always land like he did.

LoL @ the ending. It's an easy game though, getting it fair is not hard. What I noticed is that it's another misleading achievement. I got mine, and saw a video with the same mistake, with 2 different crashes, one with 3 (or 4, I can't remember) spins, one with only 2; at the end of the second spin of the second crash, the achievement popped up. I did also a 4 spin with the same car in a crash before these two. The video with the same issue had also 3 crashes with never 5 spins each, but again, also for him, the last crash had only 2 spins and yet it gave him the achievement. Dunno what's the mechanic of this stuff, but it's not a 5 spins must-done-at-once. On the contrary, I'm absolutely sure I did spin 5 times once, and it didn't give the achievement; the only thing I can think at before saying "glitched" is that it spinned, then it hit an object while spinning, then spinned again till 5, and maybe the game didn't like the extra spins due to the object.

Still, I'm talking of 15 minutes spent trying at the airport, not a whole day pulling my hair out for despair.

Yup I did the airport method, got my fastest car from the safe-house and it took quite a while but I eventually got it... if you die just reload the save so you can use the car again...well that what I did. I think I used the inferno

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's how I did it: Get a helicopter, land on the Time Warner Center (in northeast Purgatory) and spawn a car (I used a Comet because it's the lightest). Position the car on one of the sharp corners and slowly drive forward while edging very slowly off the side. With luck the car will hit the ledge on the way down for extra spin. You will probably have to do this a few times.

• 4 weeks later...

It's easier if you're not trying to go for it. I don't even remember how I got it so it happened when I wasn't even trying. If I'm not mistaken some achievements can be earned in both single player and multiplayer. It's been awhile since earning achievements for the game but you could also try it in multiplayer at the airport, don't have to worry about cops.