Playing DLC's out of order

KriugerisLT

I'm level 27 at the moment. I completed the Honest Hearts DLC and I'm wondering which should I do next. I really want to play the Lonesome Road, because I REALLY REALLY want the badass Elite Riot gear armor. Can I start the DLC, get the armor, and go back to the Mojave? As far as I know, the Lonesome Road is the only DLC that is heavily related to the main story, so I don't want to do anything that I might regret later.

Yeah you can return to the mojave. I'm sure with all the dlc's once you complete the final main quest you're given the option to return. Or if you want you can hang around for a little longer.

Personally, i didn't like many of the the dlc's. Honest Hearts was my favourite though.

I am not sure but I think the only one you can't return to is the dead money one after you finish it...

Thanks for all the quick replies! Btw, is the Lonesone Road DLC very influential to the Mojave? And are the DLC's tied together? For example: Dead Money>Honest Hearts>OWB>Lonesome Road?

I'm a perfectionist, so these kind of things bother me if I'm not aware of possible consequences :D

Might be a little late, but yes, it does influence the Mojave, but not by much. Depending on the choices you make, it can add new locations to the Mojave and lower or raise your rep with the major factions quite a bit, that's about it, though. I think the devs just ran out of time to really alter the Mojave for this DLC.

And yes, DLCs are tied together, some people disagree with me on that for whatever reason, but there's definitely an under-lying story that the DLCs add that are all related, that's why I prefer to play them in order, but that's just me. I also bought the DLCs as they came out, so the little teases to the next DLC caused me to really hype them up (I was actually thinking OWB would be the last DLC for me, but the story was so good and they tied it into Lonesome Road so well that it left me eagerly anticipating Lonesome Road).