Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the requirement amount for the achievement, without even trying. They just came naturally.

Naturally for some, I guess. The reason I say tedious is because I had to constantly go back and forth to Arngeir asking for the location of a "word of power" not knowing that he would send me to a word of a shout I had already learned... not contributing to the achievement. This happened many times.

• 2 weeks later...
Like that you don't have to go online to get achievements..

I do too, but only because I'm not much of an online gamer. I'm either that person who generally sucks and can never get the cheevs anyway, or because I have a tendency to buy older games, no one else is online.

I think a mutiplayer option would be nice though. I'd like to go dragon slaying with my friends. :3

Having a hell of a time getting up to 100k gold. Don't get me wrong, I have probably 50k worth of inventory and enchants ready to go, but I never invested in speech perks so I'm stuck at 500-700 gold or so per merchant so it's taking forever.

I thought about just making a save with a bunch of perks saved up to get to merchant investing/bonus barter gold, but I'm almost level 50 and leveling is fairly slow. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but just as a note of caution it is a SLOW achievement to earn normally if you don't invest in speech perks.

If you want to level up your speech quickly go to Riften and do the speech check with Ungrien in the Black Briar meadery, but if you don't want to use exploits and level speech up natuarally, carry on trooping and hope you get your cheevo soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Without realising, I've sold the Ebony armour from a daedric quest. Do I need to have the item owned, or just on my stats saying I have found X amount of items, for the achievement?

Thanks.

I sold the majority of the daedric items after I got them and still got the achievement.

Just given the lass the piece of armour to upgrade in the thieves guild, updated to 1.4, went and found the armour in the ratway and no achievement!?

EDIT - sorry, thought it was as simple as giving the armour and getting the achievement, didn't realise you had to do more jobs for Vex after the Darkness returns quest -.-

Edited by Matt36

• 3 months later...

Mate, how are you only lvl 60 1/2 and yet you've completed the game.

I'm on my 4th character (NONE completed). I'm lvl 59 3/4 and I've only completed the Thieves Guild main quest line (not including restoring all guild back to former glory).

Do I arse around THAT much???

Mate, how are you only lvl 60 1/2 and yet you've completed the game.

I'm on my 4th character (NONE completed). I'm lvl 59 3/4 and I've only completed the Thieves Guild main quest line (not including restoring all guild back to former glory).

Do I arse around THAT much???

You also have to remember that you don't level up by the quests you do, but the skills you use. So, if you go around the whole game using Sword & Shield, and using Light Armor, you'll once you level them all, you can probably do a whole questline without leveling up. Depending on how you like to play (you like one or two things or like to change up how you fight), you may have to go out of your way to level up.

Getting to level 50 was the last achievement for me. I used what I said above, and used Archery for long range. I didn't pickpocket, use much magic (some restoration, but not much), or use two-handed weapons or heavy armor much. And I generally used what I found. I created one potion, one enchanted item, and one smithed item early for the achievement, but afterwards, I barely touched them. My focus was the questlines and I played how I liked.

After all my questlines were done, my light armor, sneak, lockpicking, and speech were 100, and my archery, one-handed, and block were pretty high. But, everything was pretty low, and I wasn't even level 50.

You also have to remember that you don't level up by the quests you do, but the skills you use. So, if you go around the whole game using Sword & Shield, and using Light Armor, you'll once you level them all, you can probably do a whole questline without leveling up. Depending on how you like to play (you like one or two things or like to change up how you fight), you may have to go out of your way to level up.

Getting to level 50 was the last achievement for me. I used what I said above, and used Archery for long range. I didn't pickpocket, use much magic (some restoration, but not much), or use two-handed weapons or heavy armor much. And I generally used what I found. I created one potion, one enchanted item, and one smithed item early for the achievement, but afterwards, I barely touched them. My focus was the questlines and I played how I liked.

After all my questlines were done, my light armor, sneak, lockpicking, and speech were 100, and my archery, one-handed, and block were pretty high. But, everything was pretty low, and I wasn't even level 50.

Im level 53 and i haven't even finished the storyline yet because i like doing sidequests. Although im almost done with the alduin quests

Nothing wrong with that. The sidequests can be pretty fun.

It just seemed to surprise you that someone finished the game and was level 60, while you've only completed one storyline and you're level 53, and I wanted to clarify how you level up, since it makes more sense when you know that really, level has almost nothing to do with quests (some raise a skill level on completion, so I won't say completely nothing).

Like I said, I did what was comfortable for me, and I completed all the quests probably around level 40-45. To get the level 50 achievement, I had to grind Smithing. And, I'm currently grinding to reach lv70-80 for the Legendary Dragon achievement (I think I'm at level 68 or 69 now).