mines of moria in under 15 minutes??

gully89

No, you would need to clear the cache on your hard drive. I HIGHLY recommend you look up what this entails before doing it however.

Also, LV 233 forgot to mention that you need to beat the level first and then re-play it in Story Mode before grabbing a few studs and exiting will get the cheevo to pop.

But keep in mind this method does not work at all unless you didn't let the game update or you clear your cache.

I found it purely by accident on release day and posted it to TA solutions. Traveler's Tales has since patched it so people have commented their on way to get around the patch.

found on youtube how to delete my cache, take it alll the games i play at the moment will just ask for an update again and i just click no for lord of the rings, might be better clearing the cache for any games i dont play, thank you :D

is it possible to do it without the exploit?

Difficult, but doable. You might have to play the level a couple of times so you know exactly what do to and when to do it.

They wouldn't have put the achievement in there if it wasn't doable. It just takes practice, like that Lego Indiana Jones 2 level you had to beat in under 5 minutes. Ask yourself, do you want to waste 30-60 minutes on it trying to beat it in under 15 minutes or use the exploit and beat it in 10 seconds?

Some purists say it's cheating, and they may be right. I personally don't care. You can play the game however you want. Why should anyone else care or even dictate how I should play the game if it doesn't affect them whatsoever?

If it's going to allow me to play the game an hour less, then I'll do it. If it's a bug within the game that allows you to do it, then I say do it. It's like beating Halo 4 levels on Legendary by loading the last checkpoint. It's a bug that the developers haven't fixed, so I say have at it!

in the end i managed to to it legit first time without clearing my cache. thought i would give it one go without exploiting it and managed it, i recommend having fast build red brick on, that really helps alot. play a few times on free play aswell, just to get the hang of what to do without wasting time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you then have to be logged out of XBox to play the game (without the update)? If you login, won't it automatically reinstall the update. I hate having achievements that just say, "Unlocked" with no date stamp because they were done offline.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

funkym0nkey77 found a new exploit that doesn't require clearing your cache. Details are here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=591001#vch

Basically, you take as long as you like until you get to the last save statue. Save your game there, then Exit Level (NOT Save & Exit). Then re-enter the mission from the map. You'll be near the end, but the timer is apparently reset to 0.

It worked for me and others who commented on the solution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it may be doable but look how may cut scenes there are and that they all have game play between them. i think it is well doable in 20 mins but i think that if you try again and again you will get the felling for the level and that you get gradually faster at it therefore giving you the achievement that you need

Don't you then have to be logged out of XBox to play the game (without the update)? If you login, won't it automatically reinstall the update. I hate having achievements that just say, "Unlocked" with no date stamp because they were done offline.
I know what you mean. When I first started getting Achievements, I didn't know a thing about that, but ever since, I've tended not to play if I didn't have Internet access (with few exceptions) because I like to know when I unlocked it.

It is possible to get this without any exploit; I've done it. I actually thought I was over the time limit based on when I had started the level, but then I got to the end of the level, and it unlocked. I just know I moved through as quickly as I could, even though I thought I wasn't moving as quickly as I needed. I don't know if cutscenes somehow make a difference in the time.

• 3 weeks later...
funkym0nkey77 found a new exploit that doesn't require clearing your cache. Details are here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=591001#vch

Basically, you take as long as you like until you get to the last save statue. Save your game there, then Exit Level (NOT Save & Exit). Then re-enter the mission from the map. You'll be near the end, but the timer is apparently reset to 0.

It worked for me and others who commented on the solution.

This is a great suggestion. I don't like doing the achievements offline if I can help it.

I'll give it a go for real, but this is the perfect backup plan if I can tell I'm going to cut it close.

Besides, doesn't sound as difficult as doing 'Speed Reader' in Halo:CE

• 2 weeks later...
I can't clear the cache for this as I downloaded the Games on demand version unless I'm missing something but will give the save and reset the timer trick if I don't get this first time of asking.

Having fast build really helps with this. I have the god version too and got the achievement on my first go with the help of fast build.

THIS WORKS:

When you get to the "Save & Continue" statue in the area that Gandalf the Grey goes after the Dragon THIS IS WHERE YOU SAVE & Continue. Then hit the start button AND THEN EXIT. DO NOT SAVE & EXIT... Just EXIT. My timer from load up to achievement popping was 6:32.30. I even hit the save again. You have to finish the Dragon for Gimli to hit the last rock to escape.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first did this, I thought it was going to be a big hassle, but honestly it wasn't. All you have to do is not care about studs, treasure, minikits, etc. Just focus on doing only the things you have to do in the level. I did this in under ten minutes (I was watching a clock) without any tricks besides "don't go for the useless items".

Hope I helped.