The HATE Thread!

DeadlySinz86

the A.I is ridiculous; it goes from "please don't hurt me" to "THIS IS SPARTA!" in an instant, it spams ground attacks worse then Astaroth in SC4 and the story modes last fight was so full of bullshit i almost gagged on the fumes.

story mode is bland; the cinematics are decent but the poor gameplay and dialoge overwhelm and make it obsolete.

fuck arcade mode, its crap. i like no hving to play the game 20 times like in SC4 so i can see every characters ending (cuz i dont give a shit about more than 3 of them!) but again, this goes back to the A.I being pants-on-head retarded and, for lack of a better term, bipolar.

i haven't played online yet but i'm contemplating buying some extra controllers....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Too many mimic characters.
    I can understand one, but three? And one of them is a cocktease Kilik? Wasted character slots.

2. α Patroklos & Pyrrha Ω.
    Their inclusion seems lazy. Why update Setsuka or Cassandra when you can just re-skin their fighting styles?

3. No Talim, Zasalamel, Seong Mi-na, Yun-seong, or Rock.
    Removing established characters from ANY fighting game is a sin in my book.

4. Spotty collision detection.
    Many times, what I believe to be a sure hit ends up as a whiff right through my opponent's body.

5. Lack of character-specific story mode.
    I know that "story" in fighting games is usually laughed about, but I for one have always had a deep interest.

6. Player level/progress should be viewable from Quick Battle mode.
    Having to quit to the main menu just to see how close you are to leveling is shitty UI design.

7. Cheap AI in Legendary Souls.
    Now, I'm used to cheating CPU characters, but it's a little over the top here in SCV.

8. Match lengths aren't adjustable.
    Really? No infinite time option?

9. No handicap options.
    Silly exclusion.

10. Lack of a decent single-player mode.
    SCII had Weapon Master Mode. SCIII had Chronicles of the Sword. SCIV had the Tower of Lost Souls. SCV has ... Quick Battle? UNACCEPTABLE.

• 3 weeks later...

Rapheal seems to be missing a lot of his moves.

I hate dicks online I got beat by someone who was playing as Nightmare, after the match. I ended up playing him again this time he picked Ezio. I won and he sent me hate messages saying I was cheating.

I've never had this in a fighting game before in Street Fighter I got messages saying Dan rules or good fight never this shit.

I'll add my voice to the huge chorus of people mentioning the AI. I like a difficult game, but I don't like games where it's nigh impossible to win and, when you do win, it's more through luck than talent.

I actually didn't mind the story mode for what it was. Sure, it was quite obviously incomplete and left out a lot of new characters, but I liked what they did with the characters that were there.

Plus, I thought the whole point of Patroklos was that he was a douche at the start, then got the crap beaten out of him and realized he needed to stop being such a douche, then grew to be a not-as-bad douche by the end. That's character development. I like character development.

And, well, the appearance of Tira was always an advantage. Her destructive relationship thing she had going on with Pyrrha had the potential to be incredibly interesting, and I liked what I saw of it and read in the artbook.

Aside from 3/4ths of the story having been scrapped and all the negatives that come with that, the only other thing I disliked about it was the way Pyrrha and Patroklos ~reunited~ at the end. I refuse to believe he actually physically knocked all of her mental issues out of her head by beating her in a three-round match.

You give us more facial editing options which was needed but removed alot of clothes

This annoyed me the most, I think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate...

- Ezio (In fact, I hate that they insist on having stupid-ass guest characters in these titles, period.)

- Bullshit cheating, button-input-reading AI (lazy way to make the game "hard")

- Limited options for character creation (unless you BUY the new equipment they continue to release with the compatibility packs every few weeks or so. DLC is becoming more and more ridiculous the longer it exists for consoles).

- 99 useless, meaningless levels that you only need 2/3's of to get all equipment unlocks.

- 432 pointless titles to unlock. (most of which say incredibly stupid asinine things like "No Talking" or "Let's Voice Chat" or "Shaver Fest" - I don't even know what the fuck that last one means)

- Shitty servers for online that constantly drop you mid-match

- New characters with old character move-sets. I guess I figure if you're going to add in a bunch of new characters, they shouldn't be near clones of previous characters in the series.... but that's just me

- As others have said, three mimic characters (this ties in with my comment about new characters with old character move-sets: If you are going to have both Kilik and Sophitia (Elysium) in the damn game anyway, how about not having Pyrrha and Xiba?)

- Dumbed downed character move-sets; makes it much more button masher friendly, I feel

- Namco for being lazy assholes and rushing this out (SCIV was supposed to be the last one unless enough fan support was given for them to do a 5th... too bad they just crapped this out).

Edited by XperimntNterror

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree, before buying the game i had a friend lend it to me for a few days. Just finished the story mode and I can't believe what they did with this game. I actually wanted to start a thread but I thought "it's so fucking bad someone must have done it already" :)

I haven't played that much, but enough to say that the AI is worse than a bitch, the characters suck... but most importantly what I find now is that I can barely stand the new japanese productions these days. I've been an early fan of these games and of these companies, but the "Korean popstar syndrome" + the "sadistic japanese difficulty" KILL ME. I mean, FF 10-13? Vanilla SF4 Seth? And here, the "quick battle". Should have been labeled "quick battle indeed". Do you think Capcom, namco and co know about these issues? Do they even care?

I am a huge SC fan especially 4 so for me to say what is coming kills me.

All I have to say is I played this game for 2 day's and that was it. It is still siting here and have yet to touch it since it launched (basically). Compared to 4 this is a disgrace to SC as a franchise!

Combo's WEAK,

New feature's WEAK,

nerfed everybody WEAAAKKKKKKKKKKK,

There is nothing to like about this game! I am happy with MK9 where I can do big combo's have fun and not get bored the only thing this game got rite was the online...

able to set number of player's in lobby, and almost no lag... other than that this game... NO IM DONE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really hate the AI, it's just total bullshit how much it spams attacks.

Perfect examples have been my past few games, one was some guy that would get me on the ground then just kick me until I was KO'ed, couldn't get up, nothing. Then another was a female Nightmare style and she just constantly used the attack to throw me into the air as soon as I got up.

The other thing is I can't block for shit, I can't even interrupt their attacks. I don't know what's wrong with it but it just doesn't work.

I'm just sick and tired of the usual Namco crap. Overpriced DLC, terrible DLC, there's always a character you can't have unless you buy them. I'm just glad they took out the whole 'Items have stats now' mess form CaS, atleast now people can put effort into their characters rather than having a mess of armour. That said thanks to the 'other' item placement I've seen a lot of stupid things.

The whole 'X character is annoying' is really just a silly argument. Once you play a lot and see what people do the characters get easy to counter. However Legendary Mode is just bullshit indeed, it's just impossible.

• 1 month later...

My only major disappointment in this game is the story mode. If any fighter was ever known for its story, its Soul Calibur, and the story was pitiful this time. At least in IV they gave us special endings for each character so we knew what was going on for them up to this in the story line. The story mode this time around excluded half the characters on the roster, most notably Ezio. I know that the guest characters' story lines have historically been 50/50 where quality is concerned, but I still want to know why the hell he's involved with the Soul swords and why he's clashing blades with a giant ax-wielding golem and possessed cheerleader with a ring-blade.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The roster sucks

Sophitia gave birth to Justin beiber and miley cyrus

Cassandra Taki Talim are all gone

Natsu and the others are all worse

that the original characters

Zasalamel is immortal or gets reborn all the time

he is suddenly missing

Setsuka is missed

no arcade endings so no story for 90%

of the roster

rapheal and a missing Amy/Viola would of been a good story

z.w.e.i is stupid

Natsu is a cunt

and chiba or whatever his name is . Is just lame

harada tekken is taking the fucking piss

lets hope soul calibur 2 hd makes up for this

and a sc3hd would be good too

• 2 weeks later...

My only complaints are:

1. The cheap, cheating AI. Lazy programming does not a real challenge make.

2. The online players in general.

3. Having to go all the way back to the first menu to view progress, etc.

4. Lack of Arcade story for all the characters.

5. Three mimic characters?? FFS. We only need one; again, this feels lazy.

I honestly don't mind the replacement characters (as they're just reskins of the originals), I kind of like Kilik as the new Weapon Master, and I really don't mind most of the new ones. I even understand why they made Xiba (he's a reference to Songoku the Monkey King).

As for the complaints regarding "lack of clothing," I have exactly zero DLC packs, and I still have tons of pieces to play with (plus patterns to further customize them). I've made 32 characters with no repeated looks, and almost all of them look fantastic.

Granted, I played long enough to unlock costume pieces, so maybe that's the difference between me & the CAS complainers.

As for Harada Tekken? Screw that. I don't want the achievement THAT badly.

• 1 year later...
My only major disappointment in this game is the story mode. If any fighter was ever known for its story, its Soul Calibur, and the story was pitiful this time.

Huh... not sure if serious there. SC story was always boring as fuck... i played them all since the first one (but not soul edge) beside the third game i just rented once and never owned, and to be honest i always tough the story was the most boring thing possible. Everybody just run after a sword, arcade ending where not even inspired and boring too. I never cared for the story in this game at all so it was no surprise i found the story mode in 5 VERY BORING and uninspired as well.

Want a story in a fighting game... Mortal Kombat, now thats a freaking story.

Anyway personally i got SC5 for 5$ and i think i got y money's worth lol. Even at this very day, July 22nd 2015 there is STILL people playing online in the evening and with all type of skills. Being a very average at best player i can still play people and win too.

But i agree with people the offline content is very lacking, quick battle is not that fun. Some AI are very annoying to beat. But overall it was a fun fighting game, ill probably pick SC6 at release, have not done this since SC2...