Calander Man

count23

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only started Arkham City about a week ago, so have yet to visit Calendar Man on a holiday date. I'm going to try to get this "legitimately" and visit him on the holidays. However, I can't guarantee that I'll be near my Xbox around the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). I was considering the offline method, however my savegame is in the Cloud - guess this won't be possible unless I move the game over to my hard drive, right?

I only started Arkham City about a week ago, so have yet to visit Calendar Man on a holiday date. I'm going to try to get this "legitimately" and visit him on the holidays. However, I can't guarantee that I'll be near my Xbox around the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). I was considering the offline method, however my savegame is in the Cloud - guess this won't be possible unless I move the game over to my hard drive, right?

Using cloud storage still keeps the saves on your hard drive, it just syncs with the actual cloud every once in a while (I think just when you turn the console off), but it's still under "Cloud Storage" or whatever they call it, on the storage options. So you should still be able to use cloud storage offline. If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you can move or copy your save to any other storage device.

Using cloud storage still keeps the saves on your hard drive, it just syncs with the actual cloud every once in a while (I think just when you turn the console off), but it's still under "Cloud Storage" or whatever they call it, on the storage options. So you should still be able to use cloud storage offline. If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you can move or copy your save to any other storage device.

Interesting. I might try it later - if I can still access my save without the ethernet cable, it could possibly work.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

About Time Stamps.

I'm anal when it comes to time stamps. When I play a co-op game with a friend and the internet drops, I would make sure not to get any achievement that may come our way and wait for the connection to come back. I just like knowing when I got what achievement. That's all.

I did come across a few times where the time stamps helped out. Doing online co-oping with a friend on a game I haven't touched in years, I checked my achievements and noticed that I am playing the game on the same month and week that I last got an achievement. MFW :eek:

Also, comparing achievements on the Xbox Live site among friends, kind of a satisfaction knowing that you got some of the achievements faster than your friend.

Also, it lets me know how fast I beat a game.

May not make sense to you but the same could be said when someone ask "Why you care for achievements?". So yeah, I care for achievements too and the time stamps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Shouldn't be. Mother's Day is Sunday (13th).

EDIT: And looking, last year Mother's Day was on the 8th. So if you plugged in the dates after Halloween, you'd have the 2011 date, not 2012. I'd suggest when you visit him, to update your reminders. :)

I remember Mother's Day was on the 8th last year, so I thought it was weird for this weird. I just checked. It is on the 13th, the calendar has updated.

I was curious why it was today (remember I checked last year, so then it was different).

I checked, it's on 13th of Sunday, this Sunday. Gotta make another return!

I remember Mother's Day was on the 8th last year, so I thought it was weird for this weird. I just checked. It is on the 13th, the calendar has updated.

I was curious why it was today (remember I checked last year, so then it was different).

I checked, it's on 13th of Sunday, this Sunday. Gotta make another return!

Just make sure to update June's and September's reminders. :)

It was the last achievement I got for the game before I moved on to another game but I did it offline and I don't mind it not having the time stamp but every time I played a different game then came back to arkham city the achievement would be in the recent achievement unlocked on my profile but after I got another achievement in arkham city it stopped doing that. I guess this is what achievements do that don't have the time stamp but just get another achievement in the game and it should stop

• 2 weeks later...
I've missed too many of these already - may have to start changing the time on my box

you'll still get a time stamp as long as you're online for the last one. i just did offline for all of them except mothers day (the day i went for the achievement), then logged into xbox live and it updated the date to mothers day, i got the achievement pop and a time stamp for that date. i think fathers day is the next one you can do in june.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I got this achievement, I changed the dates on my XBox, then I went in and talked to him on the dates. Then, I didn't get the achievement, turns out, you need to let the game save every time you talk to him...2 hours of my time wasted, lol.