Return of the True Dynasty Warriors GUNDAAAAAM!

I finally unlocked it, and... HOLY &¤#"F***ING SHIT! I got my ass kicked so fast it made my head spin. Before I could even get my feet on the ground, two aces cornered me and killed me 4 times in a row for a game over. The next time, I managed to get as far as the missile-base, where I took out the Musha Gundam with a level-3 SP-attack... only to be killed 4 times in a row by the Musha MK2, which is capable of offing me in 2 hits flat.

How is this even supposed to be POSSIBLE?!? :eek:

True Dynasty Warrior Gundam (Final Mission) Strategy:

This mission is the bane of this games existence, you start off with only 1 field, a stupid A.I ally, you have multiple Aces coming at you, anything that hits you could do AT LEAST 1/3 of your health and thats assuming you maxed out the pilot and the MS defense and armor. Remember that Interim Save is your best friend during this mission

Recommended MS: Knight Gundam

His insanely overpowered Charge 3 attack when under his Musou transformation is probably the best thing you could ask for, the attack will easily refill your SP gauge by the time your transformation is up and you will have shot down all grunts in your way.

Recommended Partner Strike: Duo Maxwell (Deathscythe Gundam)

Duo Maxwell is a good partner strike to have when trying to escape attacks you cant get out of, Duo will come out and spin Deathscythes scythe and it will pull any enemies surrounding him inside giving you a chance to escape.

Heres how the mission layout always starts:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2n9yp9e.png

Notice how there is an enemy catapult pointing straight for your main base. One thing to keep in mind when playing this mission, that base WILL fall do not try to protect it. Your Ally will run straight for the enemy main base so hes a lost cause. What you want to do is run around the map taking over fields while avoiding enemy aces, if you see an enemy ace then RUN without asking any questions. Taking over the bases and kill the grunts will help build up the amount of shotdowns you have for the Ace Pilot skill.

At the start of the mission you want to proceed downward and take over the Outpost Base. As you run around the field your partner gauge will go up and if you do find yourself in a situation where you are about to get hit by an enemy ace you can use your partner strike to escape. Next you want to take over the Morale Station that is indicated by the wrench, this field slowly recovers the enemies morale and because each shot down and field gain barely hits their morale as is then you might want to take this over to prevent further problems.

After you have gotten those two out of the way just keep running around the map taking over bases, avoid all aces at all costs, wait until the enemy aces leave a field far enough for you to dash in their and take it over. Once you have depleted the enemies morale low enough and have accumulated at least over 1000 shot downs go into the enemy main base and try to finish the mission as quickly as possible before the other enemy aces can catch up to you, they will be trying to take over any fields in their way before making it to the main base so you will have time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvwPjjOK92Y]YouTube - ‪DWG3: The Return of the True Dynasty Warrior's Gundam‬‏[/ame]

This worked for me really well

Sounds alot like in DWG2. I cant wait to unlock this mission myself, always fun going up against enemies that can down you in 0.5 seconds flat. :woop:

Only aspect of that mission I'm not looking forward to, the awfully small map's in where the largest (the ice field I think?) is maybe only half the size of the smallest DWG2 map, with the majority being roughly 1/3 to 1/4 the size...:( will be interesting none the less.

An interesting strategy, but it sounds... a bit fractured, somehow. It suggests using the Knight Gundam, and then mentions accumulating kills for your Ace Skill, when the only way to unlock the Knight Gundam's Ace Skill is to... win this mission first. ~_~ Also, aiming for the Mboile Suit Factory is all well and good, but as long as the Missile Base is operational (and with untouched Aces running around everywhere conquering fields), it won't stay in your hands for very long.

It sounds POSSIBLE, but it also sounds like a Sisyphos-job. Reducing the enemy morale-gauge just by conquering fields, while the Mobile Suit Factory keeps restoring it, and you can only hold it for short periods and only reconquer it when there aren't any aces hanging around? Not fun at all. Oh, and by that strategy, conquering the Missile Base is impossible, since it's ALWAYS got two aces hanging 'round, and in souped-up suits at that.

There's gotta be a way to build yourself up so that you can face these overpowered aces. What about a 'Snapping Turtle' build? The 'Guard from all directions' skill, along with the Mobile Suit upgrade that makes you immune to Smash Hits, and the 'Inner Peace' skill that regenerates your SP-gauge... combined with the Wing-Zero Gundam's ridiculously effective SP-attack, and Zero Range Shot. Turtle until your SP-gauge is full, then unleash it at point-blank range... should one-shot most suits, even at this level - and if not, it'll stun them, so you can follow up with a killer combo.

An interesting strategy, but it sounds... a bit fractured, somehow. It suggests using the Knight Gundam, and then mentions accumulating kills for your Ace Skill, when the only way to unlock the Knight Gundam's Ace Skill is to... win this mission first. ~_~ Also, aiming for the Mboile Suit Factory is all well and good, but as long as the Missile Base is operational (and with untouched Aces running around everywhere conquering fields), it won't stay in your hands for very long.

It sounds POSSIBLE, but it also sounds like a Sisyphos-job. Reducing the enemy morale-gauge just by conquering fields, while the Mobile Suit Factory keeps restoring it, and you can only hold it for short periods and only reconquer it when there aren't any aces hanging around? Not fun at all. Oh, and by that strategy, conquering the Missile Base is impossible, since it's ALWAYS got two aces hanging 'round, and in souped-up suits at that.

There's gotta be a way to build yourself up so that you can face these overpowered aces. What about a 'Snapping Turtle' build? The 'Guard from all directions' skill, along with the Mobile Suit upgrade that makes you immune to Smash Hits, and the 'Inner Peace' skill that regenerates your SP-gauge... combined with the Wing-Zero Gundam's ridiculously effective SP-attack, and Zero Range Shot. Turtle until your SP-gauge is full, then unleash it at point-blank range... should one-shot most suits, even at this level - and if not, it'll stun them, so you can follow up with a killer combo.

The Ace Pilot skill is unlocked through a memorial mission, if you're able to play this mission you should have every other thing unlocked at this point. No thats a GOOD thing, you want that missile base to take bases over again so you can go back and accumlative kills (if the enemy aces havent already taken them over) and its not like you can't dash back in there and take it over again.

Thats why you go for the Mobile Suit Factory as one of your first base to conquer and then aim for bases that are open and free of enemy aces, the enemy aces will only conquer bases in there way, its rare that they go out of their way to get the Mobile Suit Factory or the Missile base for that matter. The aces DON'T stay in one spot, they are always moving.

There's multiple ways of going about completing this mission, you can try whatever tactic you want. But 3/3 and maybe even more people have gotten there final Story Mode achievement this way and you're telling me it's flawed. Re-watch the video and look intendly at whats going on and just maybe you'll figure out what you're supposed to do.

Edited by sinwar14

A: I didn't say it was flawed, just fractured.

B: I thought the 'Ace Skill' referred to those special Mobile Suit enhancements you normally get for getting pilots to Level 4, which often require 250 kills to activate, rather than the 'Ace Pilot' Skill - makes more sense now.

C: Whether You can keep the Mobile Suit Factory unconquered for very long comes down to luck. The Aces move according to certain logics, but the Missile Base fires at random.

D: I never said this wouldn't work, just that it'd be kind of a drag, since the strategy consists of 90% 'running away'. Maybe there's a more FUN strategy, one that includes some actual FIGHTING.

Play it like any other mission. Guard break > Air lock > Win. No Knight Gundam necessary, unless he's your suit of choice. But I guess if you haven't been playing on Hard already, the jump in difficulty could make it seem impossible.

Edited by Strid

As hard as this sounds its probably still easier than Dynasty Warriors 6's Chaos Master achievement, which I still don't have yet lol

Chaos mode wasn't too bad. I used bow characters (I can't remember who, it's been a while) and rushed the boss to end the stage every time. I even rush the stages in this game with Double X, hah.

Chaos mode wasn't too bad. I used bow characters (I can't remember who, it's been a while) and rushed the boss to end the stage every time. I even rush the stages in this game with Double X, hah.

I still havent been able to pull it off, and I just haven't bothered in a long time. (I also have the Level 50 ach left as well)

I have heard it recommended to use either Sun Shang Xiang because her bow is insanely powerful, or a character like Zhuge Liang who has fire, and can set the enemy bases ablaze.

The Koei warriors games are some of my fav games and the only ones I have not 100% yet are DW6, DW6E, DW:G2, and i'm actually currently working on DW7 and DW:G3

Unicorn Gundam's Combo SP in High Tension DECIMATES this mission. So long as they don't do a recovery move as it finishes.

I gave the fortresses top priority, since that mobile suit factory would restore their gauge faster than I could drain it. Got the bar to halfway and rushed into their HQ to cap it quickly and prevent the aces from respawning for a bit.

Play it like any other mission. Guard break > Air lock > Win. No Knight Gundam necessary, unless he's your suit of choice. But I guess if you haven't been playing on Hard already, the jump in difficulty could make it seem impossible.

What is this "Guard Break" and "Air Lock" of which you speak?

Sounds like it may be useful.

Cheers,

Az

Guard Breaking is an attack that is still able to hit a guarding enemy, such as say MS Sinaju's X-X-Y, where he impales, lifts up, and unloads his rifle in the aces face. For MS's without a guard break there's the Shockwave upgrade which momentarily stuns an ace when you dash, leaving them open or breaking their guard.

Air Lock I assume is the act of constant dash attacks chained together. Of course you can enter dash attack anytime during your normal attack pattern, simplified looks like:

A-X-X-Y-A-(repeat until thrusters exhausted)

Also! I felt like contributing my strat...

Taking the Missile Base first is far from impossible. In fact it was my first target. I guess if you look at my setup, you could say I took a much more aggressive approach.

---

Pilot:

-Warrior's Instinct (The loss of defense seemed like a fair trade off for being able to get an attack going. The enemy aces always seem to have longer range than you...)

-Beginner's Faux Pas (You shouldn't be guarding, e-dash! e-dash! e-dash!)

-Final Sacrifice (Although you can't collect recovery items, your auto-repair and armor gain skill should keep you alive.)

MS: Knight Gundam (had all stats maxed except for mobility)

Armor Gain

Hard Strike

Minovsky Drive

Partner: Lacus (or anyone with the whirlwind really)

---

At the start of the mission boost straight for the Missile Base through the northern Fortress, passing the two aces who charge your HQ. You want to get there before a launch is detected. Duck through the central Fortress and enter the back door of the Missile Base.

Here you will have to fight the two Mushas. This may be a little daunting but I was able to pull it off with some peon killing to build SP, a lot of dash attacks, and considerable use of the emergency dash.

As soon as you take the Missile Base, boost across the central Fortress again and into the Repair Bay. Here I was required to kill one of the Mushas again. I'm not sure if they are static aces, such as defense commanders, or if this map just had a incredibly quick redeploy time.

Now you can move back out and claim the central Fortress. By this time the aces you passed earlier will be pretty pissed and should be incoming. I'm not certain what was occurring on the west side of the map with all the intense Musha action, but I had managed to keep my HQ and take the Advance Base. Go stupid AI ally!

With the important bases under control you can advance upon the enemy HQ to try and end it before any redeployment.

For me, this was probably the most enjoyable map which is a shame considering it was the last level... Oh and I completely forgot about the interim save, but then again that kinda feels like cheating~.

Edited by obsidient

What is this "Guard Break" and "Air Lock" of which you speak?

Sounds like it may be useful.

Cheers,

Az

Pretty much what Obsidient said, but I'd like to toss in some more information. Especially on how to combine the two, and doing an actual air lock, not just on the ground with dash cancels. Reason being, if you're in the air you wont get hit by another ace or a grunt.

Most suits have a charge combo that has guard break properties. It's just a matter of figuring it out. For the suits that do not have one you're goin' to have to make your own. Guard is also broken after a certain amount of damage is done. It's really hard to do this amount in even most suits charge 6 combo. Reason being is that hits with (X) are pretty much worth nothing against the guard, just the (Y) hit. Should also note that (Y)as an attack alone is also worth squat.

So how do you get by this? The answer is about like the explanation of an "air lock". You dash cancel a ground combo to fit in more "Y" attacks. Most suits can get by with (X,X,Y,A - X,X,Y,A ~) the important thing to know is that you need to dash after the (Y), not on an (X) and if you find you can get by with just (X,Y,A) then that's what you need to do, the point is, to hit with Y as much as possible.

After a guard break, if you've got Minovsky Drive and a good Rank 4 suit, you should have plenty of thruster juice left over for at least a decent air lock. After you break their guard launch them into the air (X, Y) will launch with most suits. Immediately after you hit Y, hit A to dash into them and then immediately start the combo over. Combos change from ground to air, so you'll need to find your air combo, just like you did for the guard break combo. For a lot of suits it's (after dash lift X, X, Y, A ~).

The only other thing to know is that depending on how long you let the dash (A) go on, the higher you'll take them into the air. This is important. If you dash too long, they can do an evasive maneuver or you'll drop them. Dash too little and you'll be close enough to the ground to get whacked. Play with it, you'll figure out the balance.

Anyway, once they are well into the air and all you have to do is focus on the combo, escape is impossible unless you let your dash run too long. Literally, if you're not just tapping (A) and then starting your loop fractions of a second afterward, it can be escaped from. It's not too strict though. And this, Airmaster doesn't look so useless anymore, eh? I prefer Hard Strike, but only because using Airmaster makes the game just brokenly easy with this.

Also, I forgot to mention above, but it's really important. Do not touch your left stick after you start attacking an Ace. The lock-on system in this game is automatic and very soft. If you don't touch the left stick, even if you knock the enemy Ace in the corner and he abruptly goes one way or the other, not on their own accord, but because of your hits, your blows will still land and you'll auto follow him out.

Edited by Strid

So this was easily the toughest mission in the game. But it wasn't really hard. It was the only challenge mission where i actually died. Took me just under 30 minutes, died about 4 or 5 times, learned a good lesson each time. I personally think Knight Gundam is garbage for this mission. Did it in a maxed out Unicorn. His lvl 3 sp nearly fully kills any of the officers, then your in destroy mode and it's impossible to be hit between attacks if you using a lvl 50 character because of his sheer speed. I used Ace Killer, Sky Eye, and Serene Mind. Also Duo is amazing as a partner for this mission.

I was actually a little disappointed with how hard people were saying this was with the level of ease i had. I killed 27 enemy aces during the mission as well.

The key was to just defend off the first wave then go take the missile base, defend the re-spawned wave, then take the engineering bay or whatever it is called to stop the battle gauge from just re genning. Took me a couple of waves of ace's to notice that lol. Then just let the Ace wave's come to kill the gauge and let the missile base take your zones. It was easiest when they group attacked me. I was getting either 4 or 5 aces at a time, just wait with a full musou use Sky Eye to let them all pack up on you, full musou with into a wall and kill 1-3 then just hit the remainder who back flip and dash into the wall once or twice for the kill. When I finally entered the enemy HQ the only zone it had left was the fortress right outside it's front door.

At the end when you get jumped, just key on the two Musha's and ignore the Knight. Use the same strategy from before and they will die relatively easy. Then just manage out your musou to always have some and poof easy. Only got hit once in the battle with the final 3 in my first try.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any idea why it is that the opponents gauge bar goes down only a little each time you do something and why their bar goes back up again without a reinforcements field on the Challenge missions where you have to use the stupid weak suits? Also, what is the best suit to use for these?

Fortresses, my friend. They reduce the amount of damage the enemy takes to their battle gauge. Plus some missions have more than one fortress.

Fortresses, my friend. They reduce the amount of damage the enemy takes to their battle gauge. Plus some missions have more than one fortress.

Thanks for the info, it worked like a charm. Now I just need to unlock and complete the mission in which this thread is called. :) Though by the seems of it completing it is the hard part. >_<

So this was easily the toughest mission in the game. But it wasn't really hard. It was the only challenge mission where i actually died. Took me just under 30 minutes, died about 4 or 5 times, learned a good lesson each time. I personally think Knight Gundam is garbage for this mission. Did it in a maxed out Unicorn. His lvl 3 sp nearly fully kills any of the officers, then your in destroy mode and it's impossible to be hit between attacks if you using a lvl 50 character because of his sheer speed. I used Ace Killer, Sky Eye, and Serene Mind. Also Duo is amazing as a partner for this mission.

I was actually a little disappointed with how hard people were saying this was with the level of ease i had. I killed 27 enemy aces during the mission as well.

The key was to just defend off the first wave then go take the missile base, defend the re-spawned wave, then take the engineering bay or whatever it is called to stop the battle gauge from just re genning. Took me a couple of waves of ace's to notice that lol. Then just let the Ace wave's come to kill the gauge and let the missile base take your zones. It was easiest when they group attacked me. I was getting either 4 or 5 aces at a time, just wait with a full musou use Sky Eye to let them all pack up on you, full musou with into a wall and kill 1-3 then just hit the remainder who back flip and dash into the wall once or twice for the kill. When I finally entered the enemy HQ the only zone it had left was the fortress right outside it's front door.

At the end when you get jumped, just key on the two Musha's and ignore the Knight. Use the same strategy from before and they will die relatively easy. Then just manage out your musou to always have some and poof easy. Only got hit once in the battle with the final 3 in my first try.

I used Double X with Final Sacrifice, Ace Pilot (Kill enemies for higher stats), and Serene Mind.

I didn't bother with Musha Gundam 1 and 2 at the very end. I actually baited Knight Gundam out into the fortress area. I had my SP gauge to level 3 ready to use. Locked up, hit him with charge attack 5. Tagged him a couple of times. SP. Dead. Not too bad.

I literally just finished this mission. Gotta say it gave me a lot of trouble.

Here's what I did guys in case anyone is still looking for help.

Pilot:

Domon at Level 50. Had the skills Serene Mind, School of Master Asia, and Final Sacrifice.

Suit:

Knight Gundam with fully maxed out armor and defense and just short of maxing the attack. Had Long Range, Hard Strike, and Pressure Hit (I think that's the name. It broke their guard on a charge attack)

Partner:

Duo Maxwell. It saved me completely in the end to have him as well. Keep in mind - I had him at Level 5 friendship, which was also very important.m Turtle the partner gauge until the very end for 3 uses (or 4 if you're lucky).

Strategy wise:

I kind of followed the OP's strategy to a fault. I took the left/top side and made a beeline straight towards the first Fortress. Killed 2 aces by luck as they came streaming out of there, then took the Fortress. After those two aces I made it a point to not get near another one at all. Sprinted towards the Repair Base, snagged that, and then ran over to the Advance Base. Important here to run ASAP to the Advance Base and skip past the Musha Gundams as the second you capture the Repair Base they will start chasing your around the map.

Once I took the Advanced Base, I headed back towards the Main Base and recaptured it, made a beeline for the Missile Base and then worked my way around the map piece of piece. With both the Main Base and the Repair Base working, it gave me a little breathing room so I started to kill the aces. With Serene Mind, it's easy to turtle up the SP and let it build until you come in contact with one and then just start it off with SP attack. Back off a bit, attack, and go straight to CH1 and it hits him with a flame wall. Keep repeating it it keeps them from getting too close.

Once I had the map secured, made my way towards the final area. Knight Gundam got backed into a corner and the Musha's spawned on top of me and my ally. Here is where Duo came in - I turtled the partner gauge the whole game and had 3 times to call him. Pull him down, use a quick CH1 attack and it breaks their guards. From there you can pummel them while Duo is mauling them as well.

Once I had the Musha Gundams out of the way, it was pretty simple to just knock Knight Gundam down really quickly.

I don't know, maybe someone will find this useful. That's exactly what a I did and I'm fairly certain there was a lot of luck involved.

Well, I'm finally the true Gundam Dynasty Warrior but I can say that is thee hardest mission I have ever done. >_< Their attack power was insane and the way everything was laid out made it really hard to fight back. Still, that now makes it 1000G for this game. Now just the first two to do, the first one was just the kills left but the second one was the hard stuff left to do.