Question on surviving 25 waves on skirmish achievement?

Hoffer

Well, I stink at skirmish. Looks like you only get 4-5 lives anyway. I was only able to make it to like wave 7 with those lives. I don't see making it to 25 and I don't especially like this game enough to try. :)

I learned about this achievement from someone with the achievement. You can start on wave 19 and beat 25 to get the achievement. I tried, but it is crazy hard. I got to level 23 once in my 3 attempts. You only have like 3 lives to do it and I can't.

I did get the 2,500 kills while attempting. So, I think I've got all the achievements for this game I'm going to get.

Make sure you use special attack on the hard enemies, shoot down the planes to get health and keep away from the kamikaze boats - make a group chase you and drop a mine to take em out!

I only could get up to wave 14 myself but i did not know about starting on wave 19 ill try that tonight.

I also noticed if you do the map with the gates the kamikaze boats blow up when they hit the gates which took some pressure off, hope this helps:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ya.. I happen to be in the same boat with the rest who have posted here... That boat is, the can get past wave 23/24 boat . That is assuming you can even start at wave 19 and go to 25 to get the cheevo.

Because to be honest, even with only going from 19-25 is still way hard.

I've managed wave 24 multiple times...even with 2 or 3 lives, but alas i get raped...the ships on that level have a reflecting shield they put up every other second, which makes it almost impossible to do consistant damage with any gun.

My best advice so far is once you make it to 23...evade like crazy, shoot at opportune moments when you are at max distance and hopefully kill some enemies to charge up you Y button special. You should already have one Y special when you get to 23 if you haden't just used it. If you use your special on 23 and get enough kills, odds are you can regenerate the special almost instantly with the enemies you kill. This will effectivly give you two specials for 23. And with 24, all i have got so far is use your anaconda torpedo from far away....not quite sure but i believe its the most effective way to dispatch wave 24's enemies.

Also...if anyone else can confirm you can go for 19-25 to get the cheevo, I would greatly appreciate it.

This achievement is ridiculous! Its absolutely imposable to get from wave 1 to 25, and its still ultra brutal to pass from wave 19 to 25! Every time i barely reach wave 24, and with one life i have its imposable to complete. There is even no continue option. F**k the developers who made this mode so hard!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...