Gamebreaking Citizen in Peril Glitch

I think I may have encountered this...

I have 99.6% complete.

- all minikits

- all red bricks

- all characters (except supergirl)

(you get the picture)

I am missing ONE citizen in peril (and his accompanying gold brick).

All levels show that I have the citizens in them. I've spent what seems like hours pouring over the map looking for a purple dot, in addition to painstakingly flying around gotham with the peril finder on.

Is there a tricky one I'm missing? I am colorblind so I'm hoping I just can't see the dot, but I've spent so long looking I am losing hope. I dread that the game just failed to register one that I saved (the game crashed several times throughout my playthrough. What a shame, I could've easily 1000/1000 the game in about 5 more minutes if I knew where he was. :(

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Thank God. My non-colorblind girlfriend pointed out the purple dotted bastard lurking in the shadows. For some reason the peril detector didn't go off until I was on the ground near him.

Edited by Ay Derrty

I had a heck of a time finding the last 1-2 CIP's in the open world, so here's a tip that might help anyone else having a hard time finding them (not sure if it helps color blind people or not, though). I turned in in-game brightness all the way up to 2.0, as I found the purple dots blended in with the background way too well making them very hard to see. They showed up much easier at that point, then of course I was still missing one and that drove me nuts until I found him hiding in a mission I thought I got him in but didn't (level 3 I believe it was) and 100% done last night :)

Yeah I actually had all of the detectors on, but for some odd reason like I mentioned before, they don't always "detect" until you're practically on top of them. Weird considering that sometimes you get an arrow pointing to something across the map. That purple dot was way too blendy with the background though, the contrast thing sounds like a pretty good idea.

Yeah I actually had all of the detectors on, but for some odd reason like I mentioned before, they don't always "detect" until you're practically on top of them. Weird considering that sometimes you get an arrow pointing to something across the map. That purple dot was way too blendy with the background though, the contrast thing sounds like a pretty good idea.

I wasn't sure on the range of the peril detector, I've been using the gold brick detector and I've found that it tends to show only the gold bricks in the current "area" (Wayne Manor, Arkham Asylum, Botanical Gardens etc.) although it doesn't always keep true.

It's good to know you've found your missing citizen.

Dang, you're lucky :( I'm having the same problem. I've got 49/50 citizens saved, and I've scanned every inch of that map - but no more purple dots. I've cranked the brightness up to 2, and still no luck. All the CIP's in each level have been found. I couldn't bare to start over at 92.7%... I hope I'm just missing something.

Dang, you're lucky :( I'm having the same problem. I've got 49/50 citizens saved, and I've scanned every inch of that map - but no more purple dots. I've cranked the brightness up to 2, and still no luck. All the CIP's in each level have been found. I couldn't bare to start over at 92.7%... I hope I'm just missing something.

Double check by scanning both batcomputer map and Start/View Map and maybe check the left corner of the batcomputer map for how many CIPs saved?

Hey guys, just to let you all know they are all out there. I was stuck on one to go for the longest time so I kept flying around and tada. Don't know about you guys but the last one for me was just south of the botanical gardens thing where you get poison ivy. It was on the southern beach of the top part of Gotham City (just a hair right of straight below it) and the dude was in a plant that didn't pop up until I was almost on top of it. Good luck everyone!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have encountered a game breaking glitch. When in research and development on free play going for the minikits, the area where you fight with the giant robot. You have to be aquaman and the joker in order to get the minikit. When i try to change into the joker my xbox makes a clicking noise and the swirling purple thing stays on for about 15 seconds then reverts the character i already was.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

• 4 months later...

i have all purple dots on map complete and 9 left to do in levels,that will only give me 249?can anyone tell me once i build the last doorway on map for 250 gold bricks will that give me my last cip?thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I was stuck at 49/50 for ages until I realized you could zoom the map (by simply pressing X) and then the last purple dot I needed showed up (it didn't show on the map when it was "regular sized")

If anyone is stuck at 49 like I was, try this... hopefully it helps =)

I was stuck at 49/50 for ages until I realized you could zoom the map (by simply pressing X) and then the last purple dot I needed showed up (it didn't show on the map when it was "regular sized")

If anyone is stuck at 49 like I was, try this... hopefully it helps =)

Sometimes it is the simplest things that get us. Glad you got it figured out.