Achievement Guide and Road Map

The Pants Party

For some reason all my stats are only tracked under Sam B.

I'm also

Playing with Xian Mei or Purna, it doesn't give her any milage on stats but everything goes to Sam B.

I have an idea why..

I started with Purna, 30 minutes later I joined a friend with a new file Sam B (recommended) and played the game, later on the day I quit out but did not choose the option to continue on a previous savepoint but backed out to the menu instead.

Ever since then, it's like this.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Walkers always take at least a bar of health from me, I'd like to add that getting burned by a car (two of them on the street in front of the church) hurts just half a bar if you jump back immediately. Made the guesstimation of figuring out whether or not that next snack bar or drink would heal me fully unneccesary. Guaranteed way to get Everybody Lies.

If you're having trouble finding a grenade for Catch! just load up chapter 18; about half the time there are 3 grenades with each ammo stockpile (first is right in front of you when you spawn, and there are at least 2 others behind you for a total of 9 grenades). If there are no grenades just quit out and start again.

Once you have the grenades you can either continue the chapter until the infected start spawning, or save that character and load up chapter 1 for a nice easy kill.

Using a Molotov is likely your best bet here. The spread of fire is extremely large, so hold onto one until there is a mass of zombies and throw it as they charge you.

During Act 2 you can exit the church and see an ambulance on a bridge to the right. Head across it and aggro those zombies and the few at the end of the bridge as well. Run back and stand on top of the ambulance to get a group of ten, then drop your Molotov on top of them.

I couldn't find the area mentioned above. I found my spot in the resort along the beach. After you rescue the guy in the truck who opens your first bench, continue along the beach until you come across an island connected by a bridge to your right. There will be 11 or 12 zombies here.

I guess Swing Them Sticks is glitched for me, because I had been playing on a new character and played from the start with analog, and I checked my kill count before and after driving, and was at 62 still. Checked it a couple more times but it still wasn't upping my count. Something fishy is going on with it for me I guess. Sorry to make assumptions it wasn't working though guys, it's only me!

I found a really good spot for "Light my fire" Set 10 zombies on fire simultaneously.

Place - Moresby

Items - Zombie Bait x3 and Molotov

Fast Travel to the Abandoned House

Exit front door of House

Head to your immediate right and jump over the wall, head east and you should see a pack of 10-14 zombies.

Spam the bait in the center of the zombies, toss a molotov and viola.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/429/5--FIm0=.jpgRight 4 Life 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Complete act I with 4 different characters.

I unlocked it with your method Pants, thanks :) but since I was going through this entire fiasco from scratch four times (yeah I've played all the Act I Chapters 4x) I wrote this, in case anyone is struggling what quest to do & which not:

Approx. Time: 2-3h (without doing any sidequests or exploring)

Info: You can ignore all the other quests for this achievement!

Mission-Mini-Guide:

- Prologue (obviously)

Act I:

Chapter I (Welcome to Banoi):

- PASSPORT TO LIFE (400XP)

- EXODUS (600XP), you can help HARIS on your way to the Lifeguard Tower for a little extra 500 XP.

Chapter II (Busy Surviving):

- TO KILL TIME , this includes the following four sidequests:

- ON THE AIR (1000XP), talk to Dominic (close to Sinamoi).

- LAZARUS RISING (300XP), you can collect the car parts on your way up to the LIGHTHOUSE GAS STATION.

Now you really don't need to do this sidequest but it's pretty easy and you'll get car, all in all to fasten things up.

- ASHES TO ASHES (900XP), talk to Mike (outside).

- A RAY OF HOPE (1200XP)

- A PIECE OF CAKE (1500XP), search the bars near HOTEL. Waypoint will show up if you near.

- SEEK 'N' LOOT (1800XP), you need to do WATERDANCE (Sidequest) in order to get into the building with the packs of juice.

Chapter III (Wheels of Steel):

- BORN TO BE WILD (2100XP), simple, just follow the mission objectives.

Chapter IV (Of Broken Birds):

- BLACK HAWK DOWN (2400XP)

- MISERY WAGON (2700XP)

- ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE (3400XP)

- ON THE ROAD (No XP)

End of Act I

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/429/5-xioXM=.jpgCan't touch this 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Use a hammer to kill a series of 15 zombies without taking damage.

Here is a Video Done by Stallion83 Music MC Hammer "U Can't Touch This

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdv97fN26BU&feature=player_embedded]Dead Island - Can't Touch This Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Find a hammer or have a friend give you his in a coop game. Make sure to upgrade it to max and have it fully repaired before attempting the above. You cannot take any damage during the 15 kills.

Kick is your best friend (LB) use it to keep enemies off of you and to weaken them. Be sure the final blow comes from dropping the hammer down.

http://www.1milliongamerscore.com

Edited by darkskyofclouds

Note: This achievement may be glitched at the moment. People can only seem to find 71/72 locations. The final location may be the Bloodbath Arena DLC, though this is not supposed to happen since the original 1000G is supposed to be obtainable off only the game disc. That DLC should be out at the end of the month, so we'll see. It is possible that you could be able to travel to its location and not participate in the actual Arena game mode unless you purchase the DLC.

That is pretty ugly! Let's hope the Bloodbath DLC won't be too expensive.

Really nice guide by the way! You made it really quickly!

I see you put 80+ hours. I was a level 47 about to hit level 48 when my game glitched and the only achievement I had left that was time consuming was right 4 life. My play time was 45 hours and I would say for the last two levels would be max 8 hours plus right 4 life. So in my opinion I think time for 1k would be around 55-65 hours.

Not trying to flame on this game in particular, but while reading the list of achievements, it occurred to me how inanely (and depressingly) unoriginal so many achievements are.

Kill 250 enemies.

Kill 200 enemies with a knife.

Use this equipment 10 times.

/sorryforsiderant

Very impressed there's such a complete and already stickied guide.

I started one... missing that yours was already stickied... Ah well.

Anyway, one thing regarding the grenade part. Deo bombs count, as do explosive canisters such as the propane tanks and just about anything red that explodes. I found this out on accident during Act II when I threw a propane tank down into a mob of zombies and happened to kill a suicider with the explosion as well. For the Infected guy, I used a meat bait and then tossed in a deo bomb. Both are unlocked under my profile, and they work for both kill x with a grenade achievements. I see it's on the suicider part, but not the infected part.

Another thing to note, when going for the Ram tackle kill, you want to use a weapon that does not have an added effect, such as bleeding. I've bled out a few rams with a crit after only 3 swings with my razor baseball bat. Since NG+ gives you under level weapons a LOT, another trick that might work would be to wear them down with your primary weapon, and when they get too close for a comfortable shot, take out that level 9 diving knife you found and stab away at them until you are comfortable that a few tackles will take them down.

For Tae Kwon Leap, apparently Sam B's rage kills does count towards this. It was something that came up in my thread.

As far as finding certain types of zombies... Well. Infected can be found at the 2 tunnels in the Resort that lead to the jungle and city, along with most quests, such as the Warehouse defense quest at the end of Act I. This was the easiest place for me, as they come in pairs and I believe 8 in total show up during the quest, and nothing but them.

You can always find a Ram in front of the Pharmacy near the warehouse quest hub later into Act II and on. I'm not sure exactly when he shows up, but I know he was there when I went to get the medicine from the third hub quest on the south end of town.

If you need a Butcher, during Act III, the Laboratory, you will always find one in the cages below the chemical storage warehouse. He is in the last cage at the end, and always seems to be there.

To view your overall rage at any time hold down the :rbbut: to pull up the weapon wheel and release it. This will show your current total rage for a while.

For the I want one of those achievement, meat baits seem to work better as you tend to come across more meat than deodorant. 3 meat and some duct tape. Then you can use it to lure zombies together for light my fire, too. :p

For the Can't touch this achievement, a sledgehammer does wonders. It has more range than even thug attacks. I also often hit multiple enemies within range with it, which makes it a good knockback weapon. You start seeing these in Act II. I found this easiest to do by standing on ledges and letting the zombies collect at my feet, then kneeling and swinging.

Together in the light can also be reset mid way by someone joining the game suddenly. I had it happen to me the first time I went for it.

I cannot spell it with all the accents, but Menage a trios might be a cumulative achievement. I'll double check my achievement progress tomorrow, I believe I managed to complete a few quests in the one four player game I got into before they left. I'll report back on it, and see if I can't figure it out.

I don't want to sound like an ass... but Everybody Lies is somewhat inaccurate. 1/2 a bar is a lot greater percentage of your total health at level 1 than it is at level 50. By the time you see your first large medkit you should be well past level 1, but unless you have 10 bars+, half a bar is more than 5% of your life. I didn't know this achievement existed until today as I rarely use health packs at anything besides 1 bar of health left. The method I plan to use is to take Sam B, my main character, let him get hit once, let him regenerate within a sliver of being full, and then use a large medkit. Another way to do this at low levels is take one point in survival on a level 2 Sam B, have a friend give you a large medkit, and then take one hit and wait until you are almost full again to use it.

Sam B seems to be the right character to play if you plan to get all of the achievements. He is the only character in the game that has an achievement that only he can get, otherwise they are pretty much everybody friendly. But this doesn't really matter, if you can get Sam B to level 6 before the church, you can get Oh, no you don't without trouble.

The Jungle is a completely new area, you're at The Resort right now. There are groups of trees there, but that's not the Jungle. :p

ok cheers, one last thing i have just met the exploding fat zombies, apart from throwing a red explosive cannister at them to make them explode i have no other way of killing them without dying, only gun i have is a revolver but no bullets.

anything else i can use that can kill them?